Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Had a propane leak from our underslung lpg tank last week. Phoned the converter, not a California but a conversion, spoke directly with the installer. He identified the problem over the phone and booked our van in for a replacement part two days on. Took the van in, new part installed in 20 mins. Good as new. Not sure I would get that service from VW. Time from discovering the problem to fixing it 72 hours.

Such an incredible property.
Went to the Christmas light display last winter. Had a lovely day there.
They also do Wine Tasting Dinners there which are excellent. Start off in the wine cellars and sample a few wines, then up to the restaurant where the food and wine flight were superb. Food was way above our expectations. About £90 per head.

First time use as a van when my 41 year old chest freezer finally decided it was going to quit. This is the (used) replacement. If this one lasts as long, it'll see me out...
Got a second trip because the dead one has to be junked at the tip.PA100361.JPG

In that 20 mins it take to cross, did you have a cuppa tea and/or rested in the rear ... smug that you can do it ... and others in a car cannot ;)
I have sat in the back of my car with a coffee and food no problem but I must say it is easier to go between the seats to get to the rear than have to get out. Plenty of time to change currency in purse and be ready for the trip.

Successful trip to the tip with my dead freezer ..and the old leaking tank from the loft ...and the rotten bird table that fell apart in the last storm ...and that old 12v battery that I thought might revive ...
plus some minor odds and sods.
I was pleased to be able to drive in under the 2m barrier with plenty of room to spare, but the place was too busy to stop for a photo whilst going under.

20221024_102556.jpg

Nothing today but another trip to the Royal Albert Hall last night for the Tubular Bells concert. Band plus Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. 50 years since it’s release in 1972! Secure parking at Imperial College for £10.

45079E3C-8A77-4FC3-8F33-42AA5FBA8DF8.jpeg

Drove to Thame for the First Thursday Music Club. Great night for just £3 :)

6219F806-60EF-4035-8517-2A8D4B697B14.jpeg

Quite a pleasant day here today, so after cutting the lawn and raking the leaves, I decided to do a few checks on the cali. After getting the windows to fully open by keeping the unlock button pressed, I checked the state of the batteries and was pleasantly surprised as their last EHU was nine weeks ago. Then I put on a Stavros Xarhacos CD, just sat with my eyes closed and dreamed.
20221104_145156.jpg
20221104_145219.jpg
20221104_152918.jpg

Busy day today. Drove to Berkhamsted to see The Banshees of Inisherin at The Rex - Great film - thoroughly recommend it.
Then into Aylesbury for a Japanese meal followed by another live music gig - this time at The Petri Dish.

7E985E3B-1B2D-49D2-909D-69FD967BEFDF.png

2CBAAD84-BD94-4B09-8116-7A3AE38DA3FF.jpeg

Finally enjoying our cali again (anyone who knows what my issues were with our coast, understands why I start like this o_O ). Today we went to Sinterklaas' castle with some of our son's classmates. What fun they had in the van. And so did I. It was a very muddy road to get there and the cali was therefore well smeared. Just spray cleaned when we got back and dropped the kids off at kindergarten and it’s presentable again.
Getting the fifth seat in and out is a chore and it weighs way too much. I made a cart for that (seen here somewhere on the forum, don't remember who but all credit to him). Made yesterday and tested today and approved.
A8804BC9-4F32-460F-891D-50E7A0953F50.jpeg
94F51CE4-E7D1-4EF4-8863-4F851FD2C386.jpeg
Some remarks: Sinterklaas is a childrens friend who is mainly celebrated in Belgium (and the Netherlands); the children receive presents from him but they had to be good for the past year :D; he’s rather popular. He's a bit like Santa Claus, but then again, he's not. They could be cousins.
Also: I made the cart from what I had lying around at home. It may not look posh but it's functional (and free).

Greetings
Calibusje

Drove to The Rex in Berkhamsted again today (getting to be a regular outing. Elvis next Friday). Saw Living with Bill Nighy. Nice gentle film.

Back now and all set for the England v USA match at the pub across the road :) Come on the Lions.

33FB1194-9489-44F9-8C1C-6AFA538C92EB.jpeg

Back