Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Camped at small batch near Church Stretton. Plan was star gazing and filming for campervan cookout but the weather had other ideas.

Thankfully today was nicer and we had a lovely walk to Cardingmill valley tea and bacon butties after.

We even managed to cook a chilli for 7 on Saturday night despite the weather which was nice.
4b5f4167c5eef850241a2056dd7e6402.jpg

a4c128bc0068da9404cbe8deaa86d769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressed by the blue slide Pod, Matt, look forward to seeing it at Brean. Simon

Today as it was such good weather I thought we would take a drive to Brean near Weston super Mare and look at Field 11 which is where the meet is being held from 18th of May onwards..

Perfect weather for looking at camping sites, hot sun, calm day and not too many people around as it is early in the season.
20170403_121552.jpg
This is the field we will be using.

20170403_121849.jpg
This is from the field just behind ours and the little tower on the hill is Uphill Church 2-3 miles away as long as the sluices are open to foot or cyclists.

20170403_121906.jpg
This is Weston Sea Front from the same location. You have to go inland a bit to cross the river to get to it though.

Lovely stuff, I bet it will be full on easter weekend :D Especially if this sun continues. :D Looking forward to Brean, be good to catch up.

d17ffde30fdb41073c1aad39da7f3cd5.jpg

Yesterday from Alcoutim to an aire at Almeida close to the border, today from there to this lovely aire at Taverga, 30 miles south of Oviedo, ready to see Fernando Alonso Collection tomorrow. Then Santander Ferry to Plymouth.

Well bugger. Seems due to the terrorist attacks in France they are clamping down on opening certain places. Fontainebleau is now closed on Tuesdays so didn't get to see it. Now sat in site near Grenoble. On the plus side I have finally for the first time ever got on a FON WiFi.

74708cb71db1862e389c880cf51a9518.jpg

Fantastic view of 'Mirador del Duero' at lunchtime today....caught short with only a bowl of 'Pinga Doce' Corn Flakes & a Cuppa, available in the Cali....to scoff while I enjoyed the view.

If in Spain..make 'mercadona' your supermarket of choice, close on Kellogg's & 99 cents.

Hey, apologies I was working in the US last week just caught your question! It can be a little tricky but having done it a few times now it's second nature. For the rear straps I stand up on the rear wheels. Passenger side first and chuck across the straps. Then formthe front strap you have to stretch a little, sometimes walk part of the strap round the front over the screen. Then to tighten, rear strap I stand back up on rear wheel and for front strap I open the sliding door and stand on the sill.
Does that help?!

Craig
Thanks Craig that does help. I'm using a two step ladder at the minute but its still a bit of a reach - I'll just have to practice! thanks for the reply.

c9818c15cc03bdfefbd765c2a9464e7d.jpg

Southern Portugal, dams close to overflowing but, in mid Spain the reverse, here the 'Embalse de Almendra' SW of Zamora, very short of water, this time of year no land should be visible.

d17ffde30fdb41073c1aad39da7f3cd5.jpg

Yesterday from Alcoutim to an aire at Almeida close to the border, today from there to this lovely aire at Taverga, 30 miles south of Oviedo, ready to see Fernando Alonso Collection tomorrow. Then Santander Ferry to Plymouth.
I like the "Memory" logos/stickers for the Water EHU covers. Can I ask where you got them?

What happened to your bumper?

I like the "Memory" logos/stickers for the Water EHU covers. Can I ask where you got them?

What happened to your bumper?

I also have on the other side a ' Zip & Boots '...got them off a Spanish firm who were a sponsor on here a few years ago.

As for the bumper, some non able Portuguese driver.....

Loaded bike rack with 2 x Bromptons and 1 x double Burley trailer:
IMG_2455.JPG IMG_2456.JPG IMG_2458.JPG
Drove down to Whitstable and camped overnight at a site with a 2m height restriction.
https://goo.gl/maps/1WxxMMUyHax
Cycled with the boys in tow and dogs trying to get under the wheels along the sea front:
IMG_2461.JPG

Amarillo, were you parked at Camping International on Saturday afternoon? Lovely colour!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Bright sun, 23 degrees campsite right by the Seine watching barges pass by.
Fontainebleau palace tomorrow.
Magic
Which site Brian? Can you recommend it?

Which site Brian? Can you recommend it?

Tonight's overnight. Car park in Corps between Grenoble and Gap.
Great entertainment for half an hour watching the guy in the motorhome drive all round the car park while his sat dish rotates getting madder and madder and merding a lot cos he can't get a signal.

Camping Samarau Carl. Municipal site. Great location by the river. Hot water could be better though. Other than that nice place. 18 euros with leccy

IMG_20170405_185507975_HDR.jpg

Jealous of everyone took my California to work it sat in the car park then I came home.

Lovely C&MC site at Hillhead Nr Brixham. Coast path to Brixham and a visit to NT Agatha Christie house at Greenway which is stunning location.

4fb2efb0dc5d045e093f051e603ee191.jpg

0cb2e02645d59e3e837cf3b0da59a1df.jpg

3e1335105d4c72dbf4e19bd7508d6bfa.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
Back