Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

View attachment 20121 Back down to Wittering for us today! Few km's SUP followed by fish and chips :(
View attachment 20121 Back down to Wittering for us today! Few km's SUP followed by fish and chips :(
Hi Blue Juice,
Absolutely love your Cali colour - beautiful !
Can you tell me how you access the roof rack to tie down your paddle board? I have a surfboard mount on the roof which I haven't used yet and am just wondering what's the best way to access it to tie down a surfboard. It is quite high to access for a two step ladder so I'm thinking of a three step ladder or a platform. I'ld really appreciate any advice you could offer.​
Many thanks.

Drove my new Ocean home after picking it up at the dealer's in Bristol....feeling smug..
Welcome. Yet another in the Bristol area.

Left Home in Bristol today and now at C&CC site near centre of Oxford for a couple of days. Handy Park & Ride to the Centre.

Mike

Added bonus at Oxford C&CC site of a Go Outdoors on site.

Picked up the Cadac Safari Chef 2 I've been planning to get along with a 904 cylinder. Works well with the quick release coupling for stowing in its bag. Excellent

Mike

e66b8571cb96166f41d64f334117e2ea.jpg

Parked, walked up a small hill (Zugerberg) and now I am enjoying Sunday evening.
7017bc7110d61259f82df51b082f1a74.jpg

Finally got our Beach on Friday. We were supposed to be going to the Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy for a windsurfing event for my son but we couldn't get ourselves organised quickly enough so settled for Bewl Water which is just 20 minutes from us so the Mrs could get a quick SUP session in.
IMG_20170402_150546118.jpg IMG_20170402_145441082.jpg

Finally got our Beach on Friday. We were supposed to be going to the Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy for a windsurfing event for my son but we couldn't get ourselves organised quickly enough so settled for Bewl Water which is just 20 minutes from us so the Mrs could get a quick SUP session in.
View attachment 20306 View attachment 20307
Did you have a carrier for the sup or did it fit inside?

Drove to swanage ... made a cuppa by the beach then went for fish and chips ...
Boootiful!!IMG_6831.JPG

Did you have a carrier for the sup or did it fit inside?
It's an inflatable SUP so goes nicely under the shelf at the back. We have an enclosed trailer for carting windsurfing stuff around.

Continuing our hopping along the South Coast - nobody spotted us yet!
Just left Brighton today and headed north to Horsham. Have an appointment with SMG at Cowfold tomorrow morning for old design T5 bike rack for T6.

Today we finally stuck our Hamster decal on the van. (An old red/white 2CV was the original 'Hamster', as it's registration number was SPG, then a rather fetching plums/custard 2CV was 'Hamster II, The Sequel' and so it felt only right that such a splendid addition to our family would merit the name 'Hamster III'.)

I know ... we're a bit odd ... but I don't think were alone on this forum ...

Hamster III.jpg

Camped at small batch near Church Stretton. Plan was star gazing and filming for campervan cookout but the weather had other ideas.

Thankfully today was nicer and we had a lovely walk to Cardingmill valley tea and bacon butties after.

We even managed to cook a chilli for 7 on Saturday night despite the weather which was nice.
4b5f4167c5eef850241a2056dd7e6402.jpg

a4c128bc0068da9404cbe8deaa86d769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EE0DD262-4998-4AE8-BBBA-5A9540199517.JPG EE0DD262-4998-4AE8-BBBA-5A9540199517.JPG
Today we finally stuck our Hamster decal on the van. (An old red/white 2CV was the original 'Hamster', as it's registration number was SPG, then a rather fetching plums/custard 2CV was 'Hamster II, The Sequel' and so it felt only right that such a splendid addition to our family would merit the name 'Hamster III'.)

I know ... we're a bit odd ... but I don't think were alone on this forum ...

[20324[/ATTACH]

You're not alone. We have hamsters too!

Hi Blue Juice,
Absolutely love your Cali colour - beautiful !
Can you tell me how you access the roof rack to tie down your paddle board? I have a surfboard mount on the roof which I haven't used yet and am just wondering what's the best way to access it to tie down a surfboard. It is quite high to access for a two step ladder so I'm thinking of a three step ladder or a platform. I'ld really appreciate any advice you could offer.​
Many thanks.
Hey, apologies I was working in the US last week just caught your question! It can be a little tricky but having done it a few times now it's second nature. For the rear straps I stand up on the rear wheels. Passenger side first and chuck across the straps. Then formthe front strap you have to stretch a little, sometimes walk part of the strap round the front over the screen. Then to tighten, rear strap I stand back up on rear wheel and for front strap I open the sliding door and stand on the sill.
Does that help?!

Craig

Back