Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

This idea is copied from several other fora where it always seems popular.
I'll kick it off and say this morning I chauffeured my wife 50 miles to a meeting and visited the local VW retail centre whilst I waited for her meeting to conclude. Had a look over the new Tiguan, it seems practical and fairly well equipped.
The journey there and back was smooth and relaxing, confirming that the Cali. is just as versatile as a run around as it is camper van.
Driven to Siena.

20240619_181103.jpg

Carefully sowed midge netting over the existing mozzie net that covers the vents in the pop top.
Wish I had done it two weeks ago before visiting Scotland.
First thing did with ours, works well.

First thing did with ours, works well.
It should be a factory option :)
We only hit the little blighters once in two weeks, at Loch Lomond, but the little buggers made a beeline for me as usual. I have heard eating Marmite deters them but can’t vouch for that.

It should be a factory option :)
We only hit the little blighters once in two weeks, at Loch Lomond, but the little buggers made a beeline for me as usual. I have heard eating Marmite deters them but can’t vouch for that.
Yes there it was too windy at Sandend, east tends to be dried so less midge. Dawn and dusk unless its windy and or bright sun, smidge is very good, head net on standby. Otherwise hide in van behind the vw side window screens fitted with midge net and homemade Brandrup air screen for when its raining.

Back