Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Just got home today after a 14 day holiday to Paray-le-Monial (France).

After spending 2 nights in Burnham-on-Sea with friends and burning the midnight oil watching Rogue Minogue and losing my trousers at Bingo, we headed just along the coast this morning to Uphill and spent the day parked up on the beach. Cracking little cafe (The Boathouse) that does fantastic homemade gelato. Plus the obligatory fish & chips on the way home!

IMG_5774.jpeg

Tell all pls.
First day from Belgium to Montargis. Camping de la Forêt. A lot of shade, because it's in a forest (hence the name). The sanitary is very old, but still functional (some).
Then through to Paray-le-Monial. Been there for 12 nights on camping Au Bon Endroit (the good place). Very friendly staff (Mr and Mrs Franck and Marie-Agnès Fournier), once you get to know each other better. They are always in for a joke.
Good sanitaries (3 buildings), but a great lack of hot water, dispite the sign on the walls that this side has hot water. It's hardly warmer than cold water.
Great environments for cycling. They can provide you with some boucles (bike routes starting and ending in Paray).
The caming provides bread, or 300 meters outside the campsite there is a bakery. The town is 3 minutes away on bike.
You can get there along the Bourbince or the Canal du Centre.
Digoin is 10km along the canal, Charolles is 15km, but not along the canal.
We've been to Moulins one day, and Cluny the other day. Both an hour drive with the California.
They have marvellous beef, Charolais (white cows), with a good taste.

And in Digoin there is a couple I know (Stijn and Marlot) who have 2 gîtes. It's called Maison le Garochet: https://maisonlegarochet.fr/en/
Very friendly people, and they have a passion for the gîtes and the region.
Feel free to combine your stay there for a couple of days in the gîtes, and the rest on a campsite in the surroundings.

First day from Belgium to Montargis. Camping de la Forêt. A lot of shade, because it's in a forest (hence the name). The sanitary is very old, but still functional (some).
Then through to Paray-le-Monial. Been there for 12 nights on camping Au Bon Endroit (the good place). Very friendly staff (Mr and Mrs Franck and Marie-Agnès Fournier), once you get to know each other better. They are always in for a joke.
Good sanitaries (3 buildings), but a great lack of hot water, dispite the sign on the walls that this side has hot water. It's hardly warmer than cold water.
Great environments for cycling. They can provide you with some boucles (bike routes starting and ending in Paray).
The caming provides bread, or 300 meters outside the campsite there is a bakery. The town is 3 minutes away on bike.
You can get there along the Bourbince or the Canal du Centre.
Digoin is 10km along the canal, Charolles is 15km, but not along the canal.
We've been to Moulins one day, and Cluny the other day. Both an hour drive with the California.
They have marvellous beef, Charolais (white cows), with a good taste.

And in Digoin there is a couple I know (Stijn and Marlot) who have 2 gîtes. It's called Maison le Garochet: https://maisonlegarochet.fr/en/
Very friendly people, and they have a passion for the gîtes and the region.
Feel free to combine your stay there for a couple of days in the gîtes, and the rest on a campsite in the surroundings.
Thanks bbb, very useful and sounds great.

I did not do anything. My neighbour did.

Anyone want spare parts for a Thule 928? :)

1722327331602.png
Neighbour promptly got in touch with me, and now looking to replace. Some of the broken parts are not available as spares, but will try and repair as well.

Not today but Wednesday I fitted the Squergo upper bed and 60mm mattress. 100% improvement over the standard slatted system on the T6. We opted for the version which has various springs to support your back and also prevents the movement when you move during sleep. We traveled to Germany to see my partner’s family and fitted it whilst there.

Highly recommended

IMG_0084.jpeg

Committed a grave sin! Forgive me ...

d739b6fc4f457405a79cbde66b22fe43.jpg

Only had blue paint in the garage! ;)

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Holkham Hall pop up campsite. Very well organised and excellent toilets/showers/etc. Mobile Adnams Brewery outlet on site :) and a stage play to watch this evening. Lovely walk through the RSPB reserve at Titchwell Marsh and a walk along Brancaster Beach today.

View attachment 127940
How was the site? It looks a bit car park on their website picture.

How was the site? It looks a bit car park on their website picture.
It was fine. A dedicated field away from the house and the public car parks. Electric hook ups, excellent toilets/showers/water points/chemical toilet disposal etc. Short walk to the house with all its facilities and about 1/2 hour walk into Wells next the Sea. They put on a funny murder mystery play last night in a small marquee (FOC). Also a stall with free books.
Enjoyable and a great area for exploring.

View attachment IMG_2180.jpeg

View attachment IMG_2181.jpeg

View attachment IMG_2182.jpeg

View attachment IMG_2188.jpeg

IMG_6477.jpeg

Replaced ‘GB’ number plates with ‘UK’ ones Brexit init :confused:. Fitted Emovis tag and Crit-Air sticker In preparation for our trip to Europe next week.

Did a few other jobs on the van, including squirting a bit of WD40 on the roof mechanism.

An existing purchase repurposed rather than a new one, but the ubiquitous IKEA freezer bag clips double-up as a fridge lid keeper-openers when the van is idle.

PXL_20240828_184839263.MP.jpg

PXL_20240828_184844751.MP.jpg

Back