Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Not today but yesterday, headed down to Thruxton to watch the truck racing. Arrived early to bag a nice spot, bit of breakfast in the van watching the practice laps and then the rest of the day relaxing watching the racing.

IMG_5581.jpegIMG_5612.jpeg
IMG_5584.jpeg

Dragged my ass out of the Yorkshire dales, I always struggle with that, but the lake district will do. Now where we all watching the footy on Wednesday? I'll be in keswick

20240707_183925.jpg

Justinitus 1972, I like your wheel and tire combo. Please tell us the details.... in Germany I can not find OZ wheels like yours homologated for Cali. Are Michelins a little more aggressive and work on wet grass? Thanks in advance.

Had a lovely day out at the beach yesterday, just chilling with a few strolls. We headed out 6am had breakfast and lunch in the Cali followed by fish and chips on the way home. Day started by watching Jim Davidson cruise past in his huge Princess motor yacht then later on the Queen Mary 2 popped by.

IMG_5667.jpegIMG_5699.jpeg

Had a lovely day out at the beach yesterday, just chilling with a few strolls. We headed out 6am had breakfast and lunch in the Cali followed by fish and chips on the way home. Day started by watching Jim Davidson cruise past in his huge Princess motor yacht then later on the Queen Mary 2 popped by.

View attachment 126307View attachment 126308
This is exactly why we bought our Cali for days like this.

View attachment 126307View attachment 126308
Where is that? Looks a great spot.

Your carpet looks nice - a good fit too! Is it permeable so rain passes through? Don’t suppose you could provide a link? Thanks in anticipation!
It is an open weave so will let water thru eventually and has pegging points in corners, we brought it from one of the stands at the NEC, here is their website:

Wife says there are similar in B&M and Dunelm.

image.jpg

It is an open weave so will let water thru eventually and has pegging points in corners, we brought it from one of the stands at the NEC, here is their website:

Wife says there are similar in B&M and Dunelm.

View attachment 126469
Thank you!

P7180446.JPG

Gosh, two years have gone by, so time for an oil change.
P7180447.JPG
This spider device is the most effective means of undoing the oil filter that I have found.
For a while now I have suspected the dreaded CFCA 180 oil consumption curse, and the figures that I deduced today seem to be confirmation:
Oil change at 66538 miles, fill with 7 lits of oil. After one year, add half litre top up.
Drain down today on 68311 miles, volume drained, 6.1 litres. So, 2038 km/litre.
I will post elsewhere if anyone wants to comment.

View attachment 126569

Gosh, two years have gone by, so time for an oil change.
View attachment 126570
This spider device is the most effective means of undoing the oil filter that I have found.
For a while now I have suspected the dreaded CFCA 180 oil consumption curse, and the figures that I deduced today seem to be confirmation:
Oil change at 66538 miles, fill with 7 lits of oil. After one year, add half litre top up.
Drain down today on 68311 miles, volume drained, 6.1 litres. So, 2038 km/litre.
I will post elsewhere if anyone wants to comment.
Don’t forget there will be oil in the filter. Not as much as .9 litres but it may help in the calcs.

Don’t forget there will be oil in the filter. Not as much as .9 litres but it may help in the calcs.
I thought that , but none came out of the filter and I wonder if it retains any as it sits vertically with the connection directly downwards.

If you're still interested, loads of different patterns available at Morrisons, now reduced from £15 to a mere £10, absolute bargain, they had shedloads of them in their Coventry store this morning.

View attachment 126487
Tesco had some too I saw - now reduced.

Back