Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Drove from Amsterdam to Roselare along the North Sea coast, via the Camper Centrum shop for one or two goodies.

Charles

Drove from Amsterdam to Roselare along the North Sea coast, via the Camper Centrum shop for one or two goodies.

Charles

What did you get there ...?
nobody ever leaves that place without spending money....
Did you got to speak with Rob the owner?

Chew Valley Lake for a cuppa after a spot of lunch at "Rogers" (today's quiz) on the Mendips.

e03f50409e141037db7eb5eaf177b475.jpg

Mike
Proper place!

Have you ever read the first review on Tripadvisor for it?! Hilarious! It may not still be the first one but you'll know which one I mean ... !

We drove from Wolfsburg (Autostadt visit yesterday) about 380km east ending at Bautzen campsite.
Near a lake , very quit arround here!
IMG_5698.JPG
50km from the Poland border , entering tomorrow...

Drove to Coventry, from South Wales, and back for a swimming lesson.

Proper place!

Have you ever read the first review on Tripadvisor for it?! Hilarious! It may not still be the first one but you'll know which one I mean ... !
No I hadn't read it. Brilliant and definitely Roger. He was in today and on good form. He smiled. Been going there for over 30 years and not a thing has changed other than the chilli which is now a fiver. When I was ever entertaining visitors from abroad it was always Rogers or the cider farm at Mudgley.

The pub in question is The Hunters Lodge on top of the Mendips near Priddy. If your anywhere near make sure you visit. If you've got a mobile leave it in the Cali, it won't work anyway. Order the Chilli and a pint of Butcombe.

I will buy anyone a pint if they ask Roger if they can stay overnight in the car park if they have lunch.

NB: He is by the way a great bloke with a seriously wicked sense of humour.

Mike

Since I am outdoor / lightweight oriented by birth and profession and like to travel all year, I was looking for a 'second wall' roof topper. What I found is probably functional but not the same quality or design as my lightweight tents. So with a roll of original (!) Carrington silicone coated fabric, a wife, a sewing machine and some patience we made the first prototype.

toplight.jpg

toplight-scale.jpg

To do: side windows, fixing points in rails. When finished it's probably still less than 1kg

Since I am outdoor / lightweight oriented by birth and profession and like to travel all year, I was looking for a 'second wall' roof topper. What I found is probably functional but not the same quality or design as my lightweight tents. So with a roll of original (!) Carrington silicone coated fabric, a wife, a sewing machine and some patience we made the first prototype.

toplight.jpg

toplight-scale.jpg

To do: side windows, fixing points in rails. When finished it's probably still less than 1kg
Realy nice , in fact i was just the other day thinking about such a "wrap arround "
We got a topper from Comfortz thru the forum shop , but it still is a bit a pain in the @ss to put it over...it works very good and well disigned ...i do am happy with it .
But still a simple extra canvas to keep the bellows dry and the wind away from the pop-up tent would be enough.
Camper Centrum Nederland sells does side walls , but noting to go perfect arround.
If you take yours in production i would be intrested ....;)

Just driven 550 miles up from the Pyrenees to catch the ferry from Oustriham back.
Van all ok so at least they seem to have fixed it properly. Colder up here, preparation for England.

Near hatchet pond New Forest today, the Dahon folding bikes are below the roof line, much better fuel consumption than when the full size bikes are fitted.

forest view.JPG

Back at Breeze for side door "remedial" works again. Plus I've asked them to install a dash cam.

Currently driving their T6 Kombi with the 150hp engine. Impressed but I suspect the lack of weight in the Kombi helps somewhat. The non rattling dash option in the T6 is worth every penny. Fuel consumption is impressive.

Took a trip to West Wittering beach. To the VW and mini meet up and BBQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strong winds from west. Sunny but still very cold for the season, but who cares? Surfs up!

04cba9799c6a19f66f8f69483b09d1cb.jpg

Packed the ocean with all the techy bits I dint want to go on the removal van. Boy are these vans versatile

baa4c75c67a0b1e170f7e5b126785f4c.jpg

Had to check my grey wolf (I think you call it MOT), everything was fine. Would have been a big surprise if not because I gave him to my local VW Centre and they wrote quite a bill...

Back