Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Over the weekend drove to Berwick and back, 270 miles each way... with 2 dogs and a van full of stuff.

Saw a blue Cali Newcastle way Friday, and quite a few yesterday. We had chatted about how we never see white ones except on the forum of course 5 minutes later we saw a white Cali parked up facing south on the A1.

Thank you Zenaj and sorry for that.
No problem :) River Ljubljanica flows into bigger river Sava not far away from Ljubljana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made some brackets to fit a small shelf above the sink.

i-57wcSxf-L.jpg
Hi,
Can you use the shelf with the bed down?
If so how thick is the bracket material? I bought some 2mm aluminium for brackets but thought it would be too thick and damage the underside of the bed after I got it, so my project is on hold at the minute.

Hi,
Can you use the shelf with the bed down?
If so how thick is the bracket material?

The shelf is aluminium and quite light. There's not much room above it when the roof is down. I used 2mm bar and it seems fine with the roof down. Time will tell. I just bent it by hand. Gently! It will snap if you work it too much. I wanted it more for when the roof is up.

I'm spending the night in Le Petit Trianon de Saint Ustre (just north of Chatellraut) on my way to the Bordeaux coast..hopefully there'll be some waves, and if not, there'll be some vineyards to visit.

This is a lovely campsite in the grounds of a chateau...nice and quiet (apart from a frantic French cuckoo)

IMG_0268.JPG Caught the Ferry from Harwich.

Took the rear wheel off and repaired a puncture. Then proceeded to remove the other three and copper slip bits just for fun !

Velma sometimes comes to work with me and then she's a 5-Star alternative to kipping in a tent. I get envious flak from the un-Cali'd masses, but I think I've served my tent-time and I notice they aren't too proud to come and sit in 'the Velma office' and enjoy a cuppa with a slug of something warming in the dry and snug.

Shame she can't also manage to be a pop-up suitcase-packable air-mobile Cali, for overseas gigs.

upload_2017-5-12_13-9-4.png
At a disaster response exercise this week in sunny Portsmouth. Can you spot Velma?

Velma sometimes comes to work with me and then she's a 5-Star alternative to kipping in a tent. I get envious flak from the un-Cali'd masses, but I think I've served my tent-time and I notice they aren't too proud to come and sit in 'the Velma office' and enjoy a cuppa with a slug of something warming in the dry and snug.

Shame she can't also manage to be a pop-up suitcase-packable air-mobile Cali, for overseas gigs.

View attachment 21538
At a disaster response exercise this week in sunny Portsmouth. Can you spot Velma?
I can relate to that. My Hamster is my sanctuary when I go up north to deal with the aging parents. My sister lives near them but staying at her house is .... well I don't want to offend, but it's not comfortable, restful or always particularly welcoming ...! She gets the right hump when I take The Hamster up and stay at a campsite nearby and takes it as a terrible snub, but frankly I value my comfort and sanity too much to let this bother me!

As there was a Q for help regarding a wind out awning
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/vw-original-awning.18514/

I rolled my awning out to mesure some things and reminded me the awning needed a clean afther the last time used in Poland i noticed some mold...on the underside it is easy to clean .
IMG_5260.JPG
IMG_5261.JPG
But hard to reach the midlle section on the upperside...

IMG_5259.JPG
Voila done ....not all is disappeard but good enough ....can't stay showroom-new forever....;)

Oh for a Cali sized garage! :cool:
Yep anything under 2,50m high and 6m wide up to 10m long will fit.....
Suggestions for the next purchase?

Last edited:
Took it back to dealer to try and get a rattle sorted. They may need to take the drivers side door card off but not clear where it is coming from.

Found out that the right cupboard under the sink is wider than the left! After over a year ownership:talktothehand
So then I conluded that I really had to pack up the kitchen in a new set up. See if it works this weekend.

Back