Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Fitted a stop start memory module so it now remembers the last setting which is off of course. What a dreadful invention stop start is.
@Legin Could you provide details (preferably in a fresh, or stop start related thread)? Please! That stop/start is a truly dreadful thing with an auto box.

@Legin Could you provide details (preferably in a fresh, or stop start related thread)? Please! That stop/start is a truly dreadful thing with an auto box.

See accessories thread I have added "stop start module". Really quite an easy job.

Sat in it with the heater on whilstbthe central heating was turned off in the house being fixed.

Been cleaning the ACC-sensor twice with a cloth while driving on Swedish winter roads, 500km. Why isn't there a way to just run the ACC without the A so you don't have to get out to clean it... #FirstWorldProblems

After all the driving, some TLC at the car wash.

Bonus pic from yesterday.
dMFd4vC.png

EDIT: Also met a two tone, white and blue Cali that didn't wave :(

Bought some IKEA mats and made a new fitted carpet!

View attachment 41048
Good work. That pattern helps the cutting, although I've bet you got sore hands. I used them for the centre walkway between the front seats, and lined the rear bench draw (in my Ocean) with another one.

Overnighting in London last night before a big running event today.

IMG_0972.JPG

Not quite today but sold our stunning Ocean California on Friday to a very nice chap from Somerset - gutted seeing her being driven away to be honest but at least she will be used to her full potential as designed and she will be well looked after - I may spend the rest of my life wondering if this was the right thing to do but onwards ever onwards!

This is my last post and wish all you lovely people best wishes with your lovely lifestyle buggies and I leave you with this rather poor thyme!

My Fine Girl

Life is a strange thing when considering the unexpected twists and turns along the way
It helps when you have a friend that keeps you safe and warm at work and play
A home from home down tiny lanes and mountains so steep
Where at the days end you can blithely sleep
Providing comfort and care, a small space for you to repair
A haven retreat or an adventure so grand
To store fine memories of this beautiful land
Perhaps you may travel to Europe or beyond where your dreams could lead you to paradise found
I will never know the delights of such travel as my feelings unravel
But I do know I was glad to own a California Ocean in White Mother of Pearl
While it lasted she was my finest girl

OCEAN.5.11.16.2.jpg

Not quite today but sold our stunning Ocean California on Friday to a very nice chap from Somerset - gutted seeing her being driven away to be honest but at least she will be used to her full potential as designed and she will be well looked after - I may spend the rest of my life wondering if this was the right thing to do but onwards ever onwards!

This is my last post and wish all you lovely people best wishes with your lovely lifestyle buggies and I leave you with this rather poor thyme!

My Fine Girl

Life is a strange thing when considering the unexpected twists and turns along the way
It helps when you have a friend that keeps you safe and warm at work and play
A home from home down tiny lanes and mountains so steep
Where at the days end you can blithely sleep
Providing comfort and care, a small space for you to repair
A haven retreat or an adventure so grand
To store fine memories of this beautiful land
Perhaps you may travel to Europe or beyond where your dreams could lead you to paradise found
I will never know the delights of such travel as my feelings unravel
But I do know I was glad to own a California Ocean in White Mother of Pearl
While it lasted she was my finest girl

View attachment 41169
That’s really sad, lovely poem.

Keep the money safely by for when you come back to the fold! :thumb

Yesterday. Forgot dog leads so had to take them (x3) to another place a few miles away. No snow / snow. Four seasons tyres were reassuring.
View media item 2030

Sage words, you must be minted,
All the best, Basil and Rosemary.
:cheers

@Julian_Camper_Man,
Very poignant poem and some stunning photos you took for your advert.
Those photos were used as final marketing from me to my better half a few days ago as we were finalising our decision to buy our own Oryx White Cali 4M which we picked up on Saturday - now called Snoopy.
Wishing you all the best and hope you keep happy memories.

Went to price a job, threw up table, sent off quotation via my laptop and dongle, got the job, had a brew and biccy to celebrate. :thumb

Went for dinner, do not want to drive home and got a meeting tomorrow in this area, parked, bed folded and enjoy one hour more of sleep. Love Californialife
b7be897d474856ab3bd9ecf384f54b51.jpg

Today again snowday!
bd8e60c474752997f3604e62ab818640.jpg

and now washing, salty underfloor...
04840949c8b276a6550fd0c4a764e6da.jpg

Last edited:
Finalized my solar panel install. It was not perfect handling interior clips and rubber grommets in +3C degrees but it worked out fine. Amazing how much electricity is produced on a grey day in winter.

Fitted some fancy lights, firstly in the roof;

And on the awning;

23D2074A-D477-49C9-8DBC-4BB9A7C25017.jpeg

D1A1F0C0-CDE0-4552-BF3C-6129A377CC88.jpeg

Roof lights come with WiFi and an app for the phone to control them, loads of different functions including reacting to music.
Awning light is only one colour, linked to interior lights so comes on when you unlock the van or by a separate switch.

Fitted some fancy lights, firstly in the roof;

And on the awning;

View attachment 41677

View attachment 41678

Roof lights come with WiFi and an app for the phone to control them, loads of different functions including reacting to music.
Awning light is only one colour, linked to interior lights so comes on when you unlock the van or by a separate switch.

Where are the from please?

I washed my van, trying to beat the hosepipe ban....

Back