Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

While loading it for the weekend trip, I managed to break the rear cupboard sliding door.
It turns out the several components are taped together, and all the mechanical stress is on the the first bit of the tape pulling the rest of the door. So it was waiting to fail , acceptable design but it should have bee stronger. 1 yr old Cali btw.
So I put some duct tape to reinforce it.
Now it's much stronger, it works, and you don't see it as it is inside the door.

20200702_130146.jpg

20200702_130153.jpg

Well, even with the light on, I can't find anything in it.
Just look at the picture, do you find anything in there?

While loading it for the weekend trip, I managed to break the rear cupboard sliding door.
It turns out the several components are taped together, and all the mechanical stress is on the the first bit of the tape pulling the rest of the door. So it was waiting to fail , acceptable design but it should have bee stronger. 1 yr old Cali btw.
So I put some duct tape to reinforce it.
Now it's much stronger, it works, and you don't see it as it is inside the door.

View attachment 62079

View attachment 62080
Happened to us at 1 yr point. Did the same as you but with silver duct tape. Bugged the hell out of me at first, but now don’t even think about it.

Found a cheap shelf in an online store. Only 100 SEK (about 7 GBP) so ordered two. Only had room for one of them together with the rail from IKEA. Made some homemade hooks from a "spikband" (missing the English word for it but pictured below). Cut it and bent with a hammer and a vise so it locks into the rail. Taped it with white electric tape to look better and avoid rattle and scratches. Drilled some holes and screwed it together with the shelf. Also drilled some holes for a bungy cord. Did the same type of hooks for the IKEA rail that you can just about see. Very stable and pleased with the result
IMG_20200703_153321.jpg
IMG_20200703_152916.jpg
IMG_20200628_152122.jpg

Hello @IamYann, seeing the nice job you have done in your tables, the vinyl you have looks identical to what a guy in Switzerland had used in the inside of his ice cream caravan.
May I ask where you got it from please?
Many thanks, Mike

3A2CB215-BFB5-49F0-820B-2DCE5567723B.jpeg

Where did you get to?
Just a short loop via Llyn Brenig, Denbigh Moors and Rhug. It was quieter than I had expected, especially the infamous Evo Triangle (the average speed cameras seem to have deterred most of the high speed enthusiasts)
Thoroughly enjoyed giving the Cali an extended run for the first time since lockdown :)

Just a short loop via Llyn Brenig, Denbigh Moors and Rhug. It was quieter than I had expected, especially the infamous Evo Triangle (the average speed cameras seem to have deterred most of the high speed enthusiasts)
Thoroughly enjoyed giving the Cali an extended run for the first time since lockdown :)
I used to enjoy the evo triangle before it became infamous and got the average speed cameras :(

Good afternoon,

I started to prepare the van for our few days trip in England. We will leave Dublin on Thursday and will come back next week Wednesday. We are looking forward to the trip. Hopefully the weather will improve a wee bit, it rained the entire day today.

Happy California,
Eberhard

Lost us can I ask where the rug comes from. It looks a good colour for Acapulco blue van.

And the next day, Montserrat, where I was introduced to rock climbing 32 years ago:

E46A332B-5434-4363-B23F-4AAE063467F1.jpeg287652DB-FB8D-4343-A73E-07E30353AE0D.jpegE32FF269-02FA-44EA-8744-A69C87A6C2C8.jpeg

all in my back yard. Friday finally I have the freedom to get to the Pyrenees. I might just stay there, if there’s a second wave.

Last edited:
Back