Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

I will put it in a little quiz:

How many pallets can a standard VW California SE (Ocean) transport. Loaded and or not loaded?

Needed addblue for the first time so thought we'd go to the local vw garage that services our car (got the Cali 18mths ago from Liverpool). Technician there did it for us at no cost at all as we have a service plan. RESULT :bananadance2

I will put it in a little quiz:

How many pallets can a standard VW California SE (Ocean) transport. Loaded and or not loaded?
Is that the standard EU pallet you are talking about?
and is it with the bench seat removed?

Is that the standard EU pallet you are talking about?
and is it with the bench seat removed?
EUR pallet size (EUR and or EPAL), stock California, everything in place, inclusive bench stops, just the rear shelf removed, but in the van.

Hint: more than 0.

EUR pallet size (EUR and or EPAL), stock California, everything in place, inclusive bench stops, just the rear shelf removed, but in the van.

Hint: more than 0.
6 and then it starts getting narrower.

I presume that you will now post a pic of your van loaded with
pallets? or was it just something to guess for your pleasure. :)

6 and then it starts getting narrower.

I presume that you will now post a pic of your van loaded with
pallets? or was it just something to guess for your pleasure. :)
Ok, time to reveal, as it is in the topic what have you done, not what can you do....

6 loaded pallets and 1 not loaded.

IMG_20200814_124525.jpg

Note again, the stop at the front is still in place, the rear bench also, the bed extension is between the front and back seats, including mattress, and all the other stuff that was in the boot.

Ok, time to reveal, as it is in the topic what have you done, not what can you do....

6 loaded pallets and 1 not loaded.

View attachment 64471

Note again, the stop at the front is still in place, the rear bench also, the bed extension is between the front and back seats, including mattress, and all the other stuff that was in the boot.
Thats 7 empty pallets, why are you saying 6 ?

30€ x 7 = 210€
Thats the deposit on them here anyway.

Thats 7 empty pallets, why are you saying 6 ?

30€ x 7 = 210€
Thats the deposit on them here anyway.
I think I must sell them to you for half the price.
In Belgium they only go for €7 (used pallets). If you can sell them as a person. Most only buy from companies.
Want to make €105? I will give you my address.

Replaced the rear battery post fuse holder for a better-designed one that allows for other loop connectors to be added after the fuse and faces backwards giving more space to get the battery out and you can also see if the fuse has blown without having to remove the battery.
Before and after pictures. (@Roger Donoghue these would be good for your kit)

IMG_1025.jpegIMG_1028.jpeg

After a lot of messing about with central locking and fuses in the morning I finally got to take my Cali on its first trip with me. Down to Peak District until Thursday then over to Cheshire for a couple of days.

364A3807-6891-49EE-BE4E-1874BD8D8E99.jpeg

899F176C-BA33-44A2-A8A1-9B06ECB10353.jpeg

They are 17X8.5 KMC XD Holeshots with 245/65X17 BF Goodrich AT

Have you noticed a big change in the speedo reading when you installed them?

My speedo reads 74 when actually only at 70 so is about 6% out in its reading currently. I’m looking at these tyres and they would be 9.3% bigger than my current tyre. Therefore my speedo would then read 68 when doing 70 therefore slightly out the other way.

Just chilling, perusing the Seven sisters from the west side at the mouth of the River Ouse. View attachment 65059

We used to surf that beach (Newhaven Harbour, West side?) at mid tide on big wind swells as it was very protected. But the French claimed ownership of the land and blocked access. By the looks of your photo you get down onto the beach again...or is that the top of the security fence on the top left of the photo ?

We used to surf that beach (Newhaven Harbour, West side?) at mid tide on big wind swells as it was very protected. But the French claimed ownership of the land and blocked access. By the looks of your photo you get down onto the beach again...or is that the top of the security fence on the top left of the photo ?

You’re right, that is the security fence. No public access still to the beach or sea wall. Where I used to fish as a teenager. Shame, because that area has such potential. It’s now the base for the windfarm sited off Brighton. See pic below. As far as I know still owned by the French. Merde!402DDBAC-EB15-4878-B9D2-73E0E31FBFD9.jpeg

Last edited:
Back