Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Not today, but tomorrow night we’ll be putting a sound system in the back of the Cali pointing out to the street. We’re doing the Doorstep Carol Singing and have invited all the neighbours to join in.

The idea is to turn on your local radio, who’ll be broadcasting the carols/music to sing along to. It kicks off at 8 pm And there are 16 traditional carols.

For more info and to see if your local area is joining in go to https://www.doorstepcarols.co.uk/

Not today, but tomorrow night we’ll be putting a sound system in the back of the Cali pointing out to the street. We’re doing the Doorstep Carol Singing and have invited all the neighbours to join in.

The idea is to turn on your local radio, who’ll be broadcasting the carols/music to sing along to. It kicks off at 8 pm And there are 16 traditional carols.

For more info and to see if your local area is joining in go to https://www.doorstepcarols.co.uk/
Fair play to you Elly,

let’s hope it’s not a silent night.

:cheers

Was it busy / muddy?
Not busy, maybe 6 cars in the NT car park. Patches of mud here and there but not much. 360 degree views from the Hill Fort so well worth a visit.

Dumped my -30mm springs (fitted by SMG last year) and had Bilstein B14 Komfort Coilover fitted......wow, wow, wow.

Had some damage repaired as a result of the -30mm springs being fitted last year. So bent drop link at the time and something at the top mount (didnt quite grasp what it was but I heard rubber and straightening out and now ok)

Abused my California again - hauling tons of timber. It does make a good work horse though. I think they could strip out all of the camping bits at the California factory, knock a few grand off the price and this would make a decent work van.

Attachments

• 87420E2B-99BF-4D7B-869B-06C725745E72.jpeg
    87420E2B-99BF-4D7B-869B-06C725745E72.jpeg
    244.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 795E81CB-D39F-4D3F-AFB6-E6B4EC7830C6.jpeg
    795E81CB-D39F-4D3F-AFB6-E6B4EC7830C6.jpeg
    249.6 KB · Views: 97
Went to the Beach in the Beach; would have normally spent Christmas Eve sat in traffic!..

Attachments

• E4CC2952-1887-46F5-ABAE-E7D647CE8DAD.jpeg
    E4CC2952-1887-46F5-ABAE-E7D647CE8DAD.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 58
  • FE5B5A40-1E29-40FD-A615-1EC65321C173.jpeg
    FE5B5A40-1E29-40FD-A615-1EC65321C173.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 53EB1F29-DEBE-4E63-9789-C412300493C0.jpeg
    53EB1F29-DEBE-4E63-9789-C412300493C0.jpeg
    202.4 KB · Views: 48
  • D313556A-FA39-4E81-9626-3F3A902A25F9.jpeg
    D313556A-FA39-4E81-9626-3F3A902A25F9.jpeg
    122.9 KB · Views: 50
Drove to Ashridge for a quiet afternoon walk but it was rammed full of people and no parking! Drove home and put the kettle on.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR CALIFORNIA TODAY?​

The same as mostly every other day this year. Sod all!

I suppose I gaze wistfully at it out of the window from time to time. Once a month it goes on charge for a couple of days and I run the heater. I might move it ten feet or so to get access to our garage every so often and it gets a wash every other month. Once in a blue moon we'll take it shopping just to give it a long run but that's been about it. We've had it since new and it's now fourteen months old and barely done 3000 mainly local miles. Pathetic! :(

We can only look forward to when we can use it for the purpose for which it was built.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR CALIFORNIA TODAY?​

The same as mostly every other day this year. Sod all!

I suppose I gaze wistfully at it out of the window from time to time. Once a month it goes on charge for a couple of days and I run the heater. I might move it ten feet or so to get access to our garage every so often and it gets a wash every other month. Once in a blue moon we'll take it shopping just to give it a long run but that's been about it. We've had it since new and it's now fourteen months old and barely done 3000 mainly local miles. Pathetic! :(

We can only look forward to when we can use it for the purpose for which it was built.
Without trivialising Covid in any way, as Cali owners we’re in very frustrating times.
We tend to go walking most days locally (lucky to be in the Chilterns), but a couple of times a week we’ll go somewhere relatively nearby for a new walk and a change of scenery. Back to the van afterwards for a sandwich and a cuppa. At least we’re getting to use the Cali a bit and getting used to it. If we’re still locked down in the summer we’ll carry on doing the above but maybe make a full day of it with the awning out and cooked food on the Cadac :)
Still haven’t slept in ours yet - might try that on my driveway soon :)

Do I know the feeling! Nine months since purchase (not new) and I've put less than 200 miles on the clock. One or two early morning trips to Tesco, then just looking at it. It is so frustrating.
Yesterday, remote activated the heater, then half an hour later took DAB radio and sat on the back seat on the drive for more than an hour.
I didn't think at the time it was worthy of officially recording.

Do I know the feeling! Nine months since purchase (not new) and I've put less than 200 miles on the clock. One or two early morning trips to Tesco, then just looking at it. It is so frustrating.
Yesterday, remote activated the heater, then half an hour later took DAB radio and sat on the back seat on the drive for more than an hour.
My favourite thing to do with the van now-a-days is to switch on the heater remotely once in a while and let it run for a few hours. Just ensures that when I feel like taking a break in the van, it is warm.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Console yourself that your Cali is probably going up in value. Breeze have a 20 plate 2-to e 6.1 going for £70,980

Back