Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Drove to the gym and then went snowboarding as always on Wednesday. Used the van as a changing room and heated cabin to have a tea and on my way back home I used the parking heater to dry my boots, gloves and goggles. Love it!
0987cf98cdb053db3f7cbd5bb690c56d.jpg
bloody hell my hip replacement surgeon told me not to go skiing again, too risky he said.... I strongly suspect I will ignore him .... skiing is so special freedom. Can the cali allow staying in a ski resort overnight and be able to ski next day?

Replaced the gear assambly of my wind out awning.
I tightened it up a little more because it had come open a bit and crushed the teeth.

Opened up the old gear assambly and found out, if I turned the gear wheel, it could have worked again, until the other teeth were crushed too.

The gears are made out of zamak, and so they are very light, but also very vulnerable.

Bought the complete set (endplate + gear assambly) for the Thule (omnistor) 5102.
But it looks I could have had enough with the gear assambly of the Thule 5002, 5200 and 5003. You would just have to put it on the endplate.

I don't really know the measurements of the gear assy alone, so I am not sure if it is a direct fit?

Unscrew the 2 philips screws (p3)
IMG_20210519_125241.jpg
Undo the circlips (black open ring, and washer underneath):
IMG_20210519_125245.jpg
IMG_20210519_125101.jpg
Have a look at the damage and that's it...
IMG_20210519_125112.jpg

Cleaned off the bird poo we aquired at Slimbridge this week. We must have been on the flight path of some dive bombing pigeons who even managed to splatter the side of the pop top canvas

View attachment 77716
Hi GG. When I first saw your lovely cleaned van I thought “he’s been spending money again and fitted a satellite dish to the top of his van, it’s in the flat Position for travel mode “ I had to zoom in to see the truth

443 miles daytrip from S Wales to Fenland to visit my daughter and her husband. Last seen 15mths ago when their smallholding bungalow was a gutted shell of 4 walls and a roof. They were living in a self build guest lodge but the bungalow is now finished and have done a fantastic job. Traffic light throughout and a total journey time of 9 hrs 22 minutes. The Cali is a mile eater. :thumb

I've just cleaned it for the 2nd time this year. A job I hate but, going away tomorrow for a couple of days and it just adds to the feel good factor.

Fitted waterproof Inka's. To be honest when I 1st joined the forum and had seen others with these seat covers I thought why would anyone fit these monstrosities, after a few trips away and being constantly worried about mud, coffee, wine, spagbol and a dozen other things staining the seats I finally understand! Thanks California Club.
seatcovers.jpg

Fitted waterproof Inka's. To be honest when I 1st joined the forum and had seen others with these seat covers I thought why would anyone fit these monstrosities, after a few trips away and being constantly worried about mud, coffee, wine, spagbol and a dozen other things staining the seats I finally understand! Thanks California Club.
View attachment 79214
We have them for the same reasons.

View attachment 79214
We preferred these seat covers to the Inka’s.
We put them on 2 years ago as we have 2 Beagles. They are so easy to wipe over and look as good as the day they were fitted. A lot more expensive but worth it for us.

1D560B3F-D04E-43C2-9531-06E82CD77B5E.jpeg

6BC989E9-EA7D-4A45-872E-1B84F6EEB811.jpeg

D6D9CFE8-36A0-4112-8293-F07A2C3CF2F0.jpeg

Drove to Old Warden, did a lovely 7.5 mile circular walk and took in the some of the air display at Shuttleworth on the route. Red Arrows fly past was impressive as usual.

Final day of a glorious few days in the New Forest. At one point there were 4 calis onsite. Spot the 2 tone ocean in the background :)

Back