Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

haydnw2

haydnw2

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Fitted a parcel shelf so that we can have the shelf on the higher setting for more room underneath, and don't have to carry that massive comfort mattress around now that the S2S SIM has arrived.
IMG_0711.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

Elly Swanson

Elly Swanson

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Fitted a parcel shelf so that we can have the shelf on the higher setting for more room underneath, and don't have to carry that massive comfort mattress around now that the S2S SIM has arrived.
View attachment 67480

View attachment 67481
I just used a piece of carpet but I think you could probably use this as an @Auberg-ine style tailgate table/worktop.

sapto

sapto

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 130
Broke the handlebar, lucky me I did it when the bench was already in sitting-position. So back to the garage soon. Oh they stopped to produce these ones so have to find an alternative (I found one).

E

Ebos

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Looking very nice! Is it Laser white and "grey"?
Looks like you wrapped the top half? Could i ask what sort of budget you need to do such a thing and what to look out for? Looks great, more pics please.

Eber123

Eber123

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Good afternoon,

I did a bit of maintenance on the camper this morning:
  • Cleaned the fridge
  • Put up the roof and checked if there was any water or condensation
  • Checked for water / condensation along the sliding windows
  • Checked for water / condensation in the cupboard
  • Checked for water / condensation in the gas bottle compartment
  • Cleaned the sealing rubber from the roof
  • Waxed the paint work around the roof
  • Hoovered the camper
The good thing is that everything is ok. I was hoping to give the camper a quick wash as well, but as the weather forecast said, there are heavy showers this afternoon. :(

Happy California,
Eberhard

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Good afternoon,

I did a bit of maintenance on the camper this morning:
  • Cleaned the fridge
  • Put up the roof and checked if there was any water or condensation
  • Checked for water / condensation along the sliding windows
  • Checked for water / condensation in the cupboard
  • Checked for water / condensation in the gas bottle compartment
  • Cleaned the sealing rubber from the roof
  • Waxed the paint work around the roof
  • Hoovered the camper
The good thing is that everything is ok. I was hoping to give the camper a quick wash as well, but as the weather forecast said, there are heavy showers this afternoon. :(

Happy California,
Eberhard
Or you have a water issue, or you have a water fetisj?

Good that your van is ok. :thumb

devon_matt

devon_matt

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Fitted the GTI seat covers from the club shop which look fantastic- however managed to sheer off the drivers outside armrest bolt :headbang Also one of the plastic grommets from the front seat trim broke during removal... but at least that clipped back with the other fixing and is not noticeable!! So annoyed, our van is only 6 days old!

There’s not a lot of the bolt showing, I’m going to run it into vw just to see what they quote, otherwise drilling it out seems like the only option!
Glad I’m not the only one :)

Calitreks

Calitreks

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I did exactly the same whilst fitting same seat covers !! It’s more common than you’d imagine. Don’t buy a cheap bolt extractor and snap that off inside like I did !! If there is any of the bolt poking out at all then tap it out with a flat screwdriver anti-clockwise. If not then a quality bolt extractor or drill it out. The new bolts can be picked up on eBay quite cheaply and can’t be worse that you’re replacing.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Reversed the reversal of the wheel chocks on #4 rail of Amarillo’s Quasi bike rack.

I had originally reversed the wheel chocks to fit the short wheel base of a child’s bike. But kids get bigger and in time need a longer wheel base bike, and the chocks need to be returned to their original state.

threetone

threetone

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Removed my awning to repair a loose seam in the canvas.

Five minute, one man job to remove the awning, we’ll see how easy it is to put it back.
I placed the awning on the garage floor, openend it up and applied some stormsure to fix the loose seam. Hoping it will hold.

This is also a good chance to clean and lube everthing awning related, and most importantly, drive around without the awning to be sure once and for all which rattles originate from the awning.
Interesting ..

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Went for a fill up to the Netherlands.
The diesel price is lower than in Belgium. I just have to pollute a bit more to drive to the gas station. But I don't mind that. If they have a problem with that, they just have to lower the diesel price in Belgium, so it's not worth driving the extra miles.

The last fill up was on september 17th in Bonny-sur-Loire, in France.

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Fixed a puncture. Noticed when out to go for a drive. As I had the time, decided to take the wheel off and fix the puncture. Devonports came off easy as I had put copper grease on the spigots beginning of summer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This Eva

This Eva

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Fitted the GTI seat covers from the club shop which look fantastic- however managed to sheer off the drivers outside armrest bolt :headbang Also one of the plastic grommets from the front seat trim broke during removal... but at least that clipped back with the other fixing and is not noticeable!! So annoyed, our van is only 6 days old!

There’s not a lot of the bolt showing, I’m going to run it into vw just to see what they quote, otherwise drilling it out seems like the only option!
Glad I’m not the only one :)
Sorry that you hurt your van !

VW California Club