Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

S

Stu@rt

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Fitted the GTI seat covers from the club shop which look fantastic- however managed to sheer off the drivers outside armrest bolt :headbang Also one of the plastic grommets from the front seat trim broke during removal... but at least that clipped back with the other fixing and is not noticeable!! So annoyed, our van is only 6 days old!

There’s not a lot of the bolt showing, I’m going to run it into vw just to see what they quote, otherwise drilling it out seems like the only option!
Glad I’m not the only one :)
Nightmare!! Was you taking it off when it sheared, or when replacing it?

devon_matt

devon_matt

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
It happen when I was removing the first bolt, great way to start haha - I think it needed a bit of back and forth to release the lock tight glue first - all the other bolts were fine.

S

Stu@rt

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I've read about the issue on other threads. Others have managed to persuade it out. Have a quick search about. I recall some do's & don'ts. I think the advice (If I recall correctly) Was a reverse thread drill was way better than the cheap extractors. (Which are likely to snap and leave you with something harder that will be too hard to drill). All that assumes that there isn't anything left protruding that you could get a set of grips onto. Good luck.

gvick

gvick

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
Today I picked up a Bargain Weber Q bbq second hand for £65 - in my Cali. I will give it a makeover then present as a moving in gift to my eldest when he and his fiancée move into their new house.

I then continued on to Cambridge university to pick daughter up and load all gear in as she’s coming home to recuperate after having had covid two weeks ago (still with bbq in the van)- not many vehicles you can do that in :cool:

kurienp

kurienp

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Today I picked up a Bargain Weber Q bbq second hand for £65 - in my Cali. I will give it a makeover then present as a moving in gift to my eldest when he and his fiancée move into their new house.

I then continued on to Cambridge university to pick daughter up and load all gear in as she’s coming home to recuperate after having had covid two weeks ago (still with bbq in the van)- not many vehicles you can do that in :cool:
you could have picked up a few of her friends too and dropped them home (like I did) :thumb

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Went for a fill up to the Netherlands.
The diesel price is lower than in Belgium. I just have to pollute a bit more to drive to the gas station. But I don't mind that. If they have a problem with that, they just have to lower the diesel price in Belgium, so it's not worth driving the extra miles.

The last fill up was on september 17th in Bonny-sur-Loire, in France.
How much cash did you save?

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
It happen when I was removing the first bolt, great way to start haha - I think it needed a bit of back and forth to release the lock tight glue first - all the other bolts were fine.
The manufacturers will fit them for £70. I failed to put up a straight shelf so I think it’ll be money well spent

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
How much cash did you save?
It won't be much more than €5, but it's just out of principle.
In Belgium, when diesel prices go up, they go up at the pump too. But when the prices go down, they only go down half the amount at the pump. It's called the cliquet-system.
I don't care about the time I lose, the miles I have to drive, and the pollution I create. They just have to charge us a decent price for the fuel. You have the real diesel price, then they charge "accijns", and then they put on the VAT.
Accijns: comes from a medieval tax "cijns". Now it's called an indirect consumer tax.
VAT (BTW = belasting op de toegevoegde waarde) value added tax = tax (percentage) added on the price.

In short, they charge us 2x on 1 article? So it's not for the money I can save, it's just out of principle.

Once they had the brilliant idea of putting bigger tax on suger beverages (cola, ...) because it's unhealthy, and they wanted us to live healthier (drinking less sugar). Suddenly they stated in the newspapers: the sugar tax didn't bring the amount of money to the Belgian state as they had figured out, because we Belgians went shopping in the Netherlands, France, Luxembourg and Germany (we are a small country with a couple of neighbour states around us). So what was the tax for in the first place? Health or money?

So, no it doesn't save me a lot of money, but I don't mind.

flying banana

flying banana

T6 Ocean 204ps manual
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
It won't be much more than €5, but it's just out of principle.
In Belgium, when diesel prices go up, they go up at the pump too. But when the prices go down, they only go down half the amount at the pump. It's called the cliquet-system.
I don't care about the time I lose, the miles I have to drive, and the pollution I create. They just have to charge us a decent price for the fuel. You have the real diesel price, then they charge "accijns", and then they put on the VAT.
Accijns: comes from a medieval tax "cijns". Now it's called an indirect consumer tax.
VAT (BTW = belasting op de toegevoegde waarde) value added tax = tax (percentage) added on the price.

In short, they charge us 2x on 1 article? So it's not for the money I can save, it's just out of principle.

Once they had the brilliant idea of putting bigger tax on suger beverages (cola, ...) because it's unhealthy, and they wanted us to live healthier (drinking less sugar). Suddenly they stated in the newspapers: the sugar tax didn't bring the amount of money to the Belgian state as they had figured out, because we Belgians went shopping in the Netherlands, France, Luxembourg and Germany (we are a small country with a couple of neighbour states around us). So what was the tax for in the first place? Health or money?

So, no it doesn't save me a lot of money, but I don't mind.
Sounds very familiar all that.

BrugseB

BrugseB

Vehicle
T4 Hightop
After another hard bump with the pushbar while on a dirt road (the Exclusive is LWB), the thing was starting to get loose and hung underneath my numberplate. So before my vehicle was claimed by the local administration as a future snowplough or road sweeper I had the thing removed yesterday.

AndyWT

AndyWT

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
After another hard bump with the pushbar while on a dirt road (the Exclusive is LWB), the thing was starting to get loose and hung underneath my numberplate. So before my vehicle was claimed by the local administration as a future snowplough or road sweeper I had the thing removed yesterday.
Push bars (roo bar) aren’t much good unless a big hunk of metal mounted to another big hunk of metal, can look cool though. Have similar problem at the rear the Westy tow bar makes a good skid although the trailer light socket is mashed into the bumper and had to to cut off straight VW’s stupid droopy exhaust pipes.

VW California Club