Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you done with your California today?

Went to Liverpool Van Centre, Billy Ocean was having his first MOT & Inspection. All good. I discussed the All-In, 2 Service deal, I plan to sign up when my Warranty expires 29th July.

Went to Liverpool Van Centre, Billy Ocean was having his first MOT & Inspection. All good. I discussed the All-In, 2 Service deal, I plan to sign up when my Warranty expires 29th July.
Unless you’re talking about something different, you may want to hold off until Black Friday in the Autumn. A few of us bought the 2 service deal as a special offer with 20% off the normal price.

Bought 10 litres of adblu after being told at two places they have run out !
my van is showing 1200 miles Adblu range.
went online to click and collect and guess what:

8E2D2888-B696-47A2-BB77-8EB0E40019EB.pngEdit: Tesco garage had limited stock, Halfords had stock and Aldi had a pallet load

GG. Do you have another set up with a drive away option as well ?

GG. Do you have another set up with a drive away option as well ?
We don’t.
We won’t get one unless we start pitching up in one place for a week or more.

View attachment 80917Edit: Tesco garage had limited stock, Halfords had stock and Aldi had a pallet load

I really can’t understand why anyone goes through all the palaver of plastic cartons of AdBlu. Just find a garage with an AdBlu pump. Cheaper. Easier. Greener.

I really can’t understand why anyone goes through all the palaver of plastic cartons of AdBlu. Just find a garage with an AdBlu pump. Cheaper. Easier. Greener.
Nearest one to me is on the other side of town, I was also picking 10 litres up for my neighbour ( good deed for the day) so pump was not an option.
believe me I wouldn’t use the plastic bottles if I didn’t need to.

I wonder if there will be supply issue at pumps ?

Edit: the purpose of my post was to highlight there are supply issues with add blue to help others who may need a fill shortly

edit: Collecting chickens some considerable distance from you house is good green practice though ;)

Are garages with adblu pumps willing to fill Jerry cans? Thinking you could bulk buy and store at home, top up when needed.
Spoke to a plumber, with a T6, he said the adblu doesn't last as long as stated in the manual. 3000/tank as opposed to 6000/tank, is this true?

Are garages with adblu pumps willing to fill Jerry cans? Thinking you could bulk buy and store at home, top up when needed.
Spoke to a plumber, with a T6, he said the adblu doesn't last as long as stated in the manual. 3000/tank as opposed to 6000/tank, is this true?
Usage depends on driving style somewhat, when my van was new the range was 6500 miles to a full tank, since update range is approx 4000 miles to a full (13 litre tank) T6.1 has a much much larger Adblue tank with a massively increased adblue range

edit: Collecting chickens some considerable distance from you house is good green practice though ;)

As a one off, probably yes. No more driving to the supermarket for eggs, and much kitchen waste recycled to eggs. Chicken waste composted and used to grow veggies. A section of a lawn no longer requires mowing.

Agreed it’s getting beyond a yolk now.

View attachment 80917Edit: Tesco garage had limited stock, Halfords had stock and Aldi had a pallet load
Bought some this week from local VW car dealership. £12 for 10 litres. I was happy with that. Still cheaper than the local Shell.

Visit to Currys to buy small chest freezer as fridge freezer died. Its good to have a van as no need to wait for delivery. Freezer dead at 11am replacement home and cooling by 2pm. Food all saved.

Visit to Currys to buy small chest freezer as fridge freezer died. Its good to have a van as no need to wait for delivery. Freezer dead at 11am replacement home and cooling by 2pm. Food all saved.
You should leave it standing to let the gases settle before you switch it on.

You should leave it standing to let the gases settle before you switch it on.
Yes I know. I knew someone who say that but it is OK. Currys is very near so I left it for 90mins when home before putting on. Luckily I was already out in the van when my husband spotted the freezer problem so called in Currys on the way home.

513a1057661525cf0d65d7d564a9a542.jpg

c221e4e25b3a8872b2c8fde559638764.jpg

Drive camping in Basel after dinner with friends.

Back