Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is best topper for bed

Ive taken delivery of a Sea to Summit SIM today. I understand that it takes a long time to inflate the first time out the bag but I'm now at hour 7 and it still looks like it'll take another 7. Is this normal? Many thanks
We helped it inflate the first time (pumped it up). Then left for at least 24 hours and then deflated and used as normal. This should do the job.

I have just bought one of these as well and recently took it on our two week holiday, used it both on the back seats and in the roof and like you i cannot rate it highly enough. No more dead sides, really comfy, easy to inflate i also purchased their "Jet Steam" accordion like pump which works surprisingly well rather than breath extra potentially damp air into the mattress to inflate. Well pleased with it just seems a bit strange though regarding the description. In all the adverts and even there own website they just read designed for a 'campervan' The shape of the mattress obviously looked very familiar with the cut out on one side so i took the chance when i ordered it and low and behold designed specifically for a VW California. Photo I have attached is the cover it came in.
When i first tried it out i took the standard mattress out and left it at home but i found it a bit of a pain to let the air out to get the roof completely down because the lats don't seem to be that strong kneeling on them without protection of the mattress and the mattress out of the van is huge so storage would be an issue or otherwise would have to dump it which would be a waste. When I took it away the second time I left the factory mattress in and used the Sea to Summit mattress on top, can't say we noticed it was any more comfortable it just meant it was easier to deflate when we moved on.

View attachment 50866

What's it like when you roll around on it? Any weird noises? Does it transmit a lot of movement when there are 2 of you in bed and one rolls over?

Hi
My wife needs to know
What is the best comfortable topper for the lower bed
We have the be comfort one already
But need to cure wife’s bad back after a night in our cali
Duvalay 5 cm ones are sealed in our local shop and they won’t open one
Spend £100 without trying I think not
Thanks
We recommend the Duvalay - the 58cm wide 50mm Thick ones work upstairs and down ok as a pair. They made a big difference for us (63 and 64 year olds)

What's it like when you roll around on it? Any weird noises? Does it transmit a lot of movement when there are 2 of you in bed and one rolls over?
No noises, we have been pulling a thin bed sheet over it but wouldn’t think that would make a difference. No movement either and yeah there is two of us. Honestly just wish I got one of these type of mattresses years ago. have a topper which to be fair was okay just big to store then recently been using a couple of old thermarests from our tenting days but these sim‘s are in a different league.

We have a comfortz topper but find it uncomfortable, to sleep downstairs in Ocean, seat ridge right on hip.
Been using two garden bench cushions, one on each side, to put under comfortz topper to elevate hip pain

Been considered trying a Duvalay 5cm (Gold or FreshTech) topper instead of Comfortz 2" topper

Any feednback for those who have done the same would be grateful

We have a comfortz topper but find it uncomfortable, to sleep downstairs in Ocean, seat ridge right on hip.
Been using two garden bench cushions, one on each side, to put under comfortz topper to elevate hip pain

Been considered trying a Duvalay 5cm (Gold or FreshTech) topper instead of Comfortz 2" topper

When we hired Cali's in the past from c a m p e r v a n t a s t I c, their hire vehicles came with a 2.5 inch duvalay and nothing else. No vw comfort mattress or the likes. For us, they were super comfortable. In addition, we store them rolled in the rear, so they would roll up very compact.. Making and breaking bed was very easy and a good night's sleep.

Our Cali comes with the VW comfort mattress, which does not work for us, so will be shortly ordering a 5in duvalay freshtech.

Also, to put things into context,I cannot sleep on a spring mattress. It is either a memory foam or the carpeted floor for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We have been using the duvalay 5cm gold topper and find it comfortable.
It rolls up with sleeping bag and sits on parcel shelf.

Sleeping comfort is a very subjective thing.

However, the Volkswagen Comfort Mattress is rubbish IMO...

Best comfort we can find is :
Dunelm Gel Fusion with a Zonesleeper over the Gel Fusion.
No pumping up or deflating.
Roll out and roll up and store on the rear shelf.
Zonesleeper keeps you cool, where as memory foam toppers make you sweat.

Looking at the site for the gel fusion they go straight from 90cm to 135cm which is wider than an Ocean bed, and both are only 190cm long Have you cut yours down?

Looking at the site for the gel fusion they go straight from 90cm to 135cm which is wider than an Ocean bed, and both are only 190cm long Have you cut yours down?

I bought mine years ago.
It’s is a bit narrow, but ok for us

Duvalay gold topper did it for my wife’s comfort
Shen Never wanted to sleep in it before that addition
Note
Could not fit two side by side
I don’t need one so not a bother

We have tried them all as I really dont sleep well on a poor bed and the only one that worked for us was the Zonesleep which I would say is as good as our bed at home. I would also say avoid anything with memory foam especially if the weather is warm as you will sweat buckets

Back