Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What is your 'must have' clothing item ?

jillyfish

jillyfish

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
saw a post yesterday suggesting a peruvian poncho might be an excellent all rounder when travelling in the Cali. Can I ask you guys what you have found to be most useful, essental or versatile items of clothing kit, being that space is at such a premium.

Goretex exterior shell jacket. Protects against wind and rain, and varying internal layers can adapt to temperatures all year round, so only one jacket needed.

North Face Nuptse down jacket. Warm, comfy and packs right down.

5/4mm Wetsuit
I didn't realise the kitchen sliding windows would let in quite so much...are you out of warranty ? :embarrased

Actually I'm just getting a dryrobe for my running activities, was hoping it would work nicely for those emergency trips to the toilet blocks in 'orrible weather too.

I didn't realise the kitchen sliding windows would let in quite so much...are you out of warranty ? :embarrased

Actually I'm just getting a dryrobe for my running activities, was hoping it would work nicely for those emergency trips to the toilet blocks in 'orrible weather too.

haha, also have the dry robe (can recommend the ‘stitches&steel’ ones, which dry very quickly on the inside) that comes in especially handy when I’m trying to get my 10 year old in/out of his wetsuit; on the South coast it’s usually blowing a SW Gale & raining heavily with him sat in the warm, and me outside tugging his wetsuit boots on/off and then putting boards on the roof etc!

haha, also have the dry robe (can recommend the ‘stitches&steel’ ones, which dry very quickly on the inside) that comes in especially handy when I’m trying to get my 10 year old in/out of his wetsuit; on the South coast it’s usually blowing a SW Gale & raining heavily with him sat in the warm, and me outside tugging his wetsuit boots on/off and then putting boards on the roof etc!
Dryrobes are essential.

Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Cargo Pants. Really comfy, stretchy, and they dry super fast.
I notice they now do the same with zip-off legs so if I had that model it would be the only trousers/shorts I'd ever need. Totally recommended.

Goretex jacket and trousers and good boots.
Then some towels for the dogs as I’m not a dog coat person...

Defo Dryrobe!!

pair of "Crocs" shoes
Especially if they are a design without the holes round the sides. I had some winter ones with a fleece lining and holes just on top. They were seriously too warm so took the inner out. That was 10 years ago and they’re still going strong, camping at at home.

My sister bought me a honcho. It’s a fleecy poncho with hood and pouch pocket. Great as a poncho, dressing gown, modesty changing “room” and doubles as a blanket. If I have to get out of the van in the night/morning it covers everything. I can leave it loose or tie a belt (or usually an old bit of string) around it. Was so impressed bought one for my hubby. They come in a fleece carry bag, but I turned ours into snoods for around the next and over the head. Super cosy, especially if sitting out and the sun goes down or at a festival. They have load of designs in 4 sizes, large to kids, and for anyone who wants/needs it, camouflage too. :thumb. Prices from £10-£25.

Last edited:
My sister bought me a honcho. It’s a fleecy poncho with hood and pouch pocket. Great as a poncho, dressing gown, modesty changing “room” and doubles as a blanket. If I have to get out of the van in the night/morning it covers everything. I can leave it loose or tie a belt (or usually an old bit of string) around it. Was so impressed bought one for my hubby. They come in a fleece carry bag, but I turned ours into snoods for around the next and over the head. Super cosy, especially if sitting out and the sun goes down or at a festival. They have load of designs in 4 sizes, large to kids, and for anyone who wants/needs it, camouflage too. :thumb. Prices from £10-£25.

Heading to the toilet block...
:D:D:D:D

palpatine.jpg

:bananadance2

Last edited:
Back