Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What rubbish bin do you use?

HappyGus

HappyGus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

I know this question has been out for quite some times, but most of the answers I find here reference to an ikea bin, that is not sold anymore :(.
I'm 1m85 tall, so I need something that is not too large, since my seat is aligned with its support, but I can't find anything that fits.

I'm considering to try to do some thing custom, but I hope I can findsomething that fits :)

Any advices?

This is the one that I got off Amazon and it is working very well for us. Can move it around and place as required for access when continuing to be strapped to its place behind the passenger seat (rhd)

b19d9837f9aa7436e5183fbc59d519fe.jpg

This is the one that I got off Amazon and it is working very well for us. Can move it around and place as required for access when continuing to be strapped to its place behind the passenger seat (rhd)

b19d9837f9aa7436e5183fbc59d519fe.jpg

No lid tho?
Up to now I’ve just used a carrier bag for rubbish and tuck it into the space below the inverter when travelling. Something like this would look more tidy though

I saw this, but looks very flat and I was hopping for something with a lid
We have one of these it’s brilliant - fits perfectly without catching seat when it turns and it’s surprisingly large

Hi,

I know this question has been out for quite some times, but most of the answers I find here reference to an ikea bin, that is not sold anymore :(.
I'm 1m85 tall, so I need something that is not too large, since my seat is aligned with its support, but I can't find anything that fits.

I'm considering to try to do some thing custom, but I hope I can findsomething that fits :)

Any advices?
A plastic ad blue container with the top cut off fits nicely behind the passenger seat by the inverter outlet. Easy to line with a thin plastic bag and stays in place without any restraint!

We have this from Ikea, which we only bought in Jan but just checked their (UK) website and looks like it’s not available anymore (only in seems to be in 42l size now). Don’t know if that’s the one you were after? It does fit nicely behind the seat and has a lid but doesn’t stay in place when driving so have to stow it somewhere
in the back. Have considered Velcro on the bottom to stow it between the seats, or had been looking at the same bin [mention]kurienp [/mention] mentioned instead. The brown band was my own addition (the ‘soft’ side of Velcro) to stop it scratching against the cabinet.

78823eb12ca5d800551b570054eb6f29.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have this from Ikea, which we only bought in Jan but just checked their (UK) website and looks like it’s not available anymore (only in seems to be in 42l size now). Don’t know if that’s the one you were after? It does fit nicely behind the seat and has a lid but doesn’t stay in place when driving so have to stow it somewhere
in the back. Have considered Velcro on the bottom to stow it between the seats, or had been looking at the same bin [mention]kurienp [/mention] mentioned instead. The brown band was my own addition (the ‘soft’ side of Velcro) to stop it scratching against the cabinet.

78823eb12ca5d800551b570054eb6f29.jpg

We have the same bin from IKEA and is ideal - we put a strip of Velcro on the end of the kitchen and it sits there behind the passenger seat perfectly when travelling - usually lives between the front seats when parked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

Any advices?
Simple Human. I have two of these, one for rubbish and one for dog food. They hang off the 8 sided foldable dog pen, but would fit inbetween front seats.

This option from iKross has been effective. When you swivel the seat you can slide it around to use it or tuck it away. 59B00D77-324B-4B8F-9A05-6FF76E64E369.jpeg
78267552-2FF2-43BF-AA33-6E38F5EC7C85.jpeg
16C03BB1-AE90-4E47-904F-C0E7E5704A8B.jpeg

Bruner outdoor in motion bin, bought from our local The Caravan Shop 364 Great Western Road Glasgow G4 9HT. We had a bigger bin that kept getting in the way, also used a plastic bag which just seemed to get moved around the van. Whilst this bin does not hold a huge amount, its out of the way, just need to empty it more often.
The bin needs to be removed when turning the seat around

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very neat, I like that.

We use this one from Jysk.

Sorry for the link in Slovenian, can't find one on English site. It fits nicely behind driver's seat (LH drive) and is perfect for stickers collection :)

Back