Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What specification?

ChrisB

ChrisB

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi All,

I am currently 'speccing up' a new T6 Beach for purchase in Spain and would value opinions from anyone willing to help. Choice here is greater than in the UK but the base spec' I have chosen is as follows: Assuming the exchange rate doesn't fall through the floor I hope to order fairly soon

T6 Beach 150 DSG 4 motion
Mojave Beige metallic (possibly)
ACC
DCC
Electric hook up (not standard here)
Comfort dash upgrade
17" alloys (not standard here)
Heater (standard)
Privacy glass pack with thermal windows
Tow bar (demountable)
Awning ( not sure about the colour yet)

Any comments as to the usefulness of the ACC & DCC would be helpful. Also whether anyone rates the LED lights and App Connect.

Thanks
Chris

Any comments as to the usefulness ... App Connect/QUOTE]

App Connect seems to be one of the options pretty much everyone agrees is good value for money. I know I'll rely on it heavily (for as long as its compatible with current generation phones....).

Hi All,

I am currently 'speccing up' a new T6 Beach for purchase in Spain and would value opinions from anyone willing to help. Choice here is greater than in the UK but the base spec' I have chosen is as follows: Assuming the exchange rate doesn't fall through the floor I hope to order fairly soon

ACC
DCC
Comfort dash upgrade
Heater (standard)
Tow bar (demountable)

Any comments as to the usefulness of the ACC & DCC would be helpful. Also whether anyone rates the LED lights and App Connect.

Thanks
Chris
Heater, is that the Diesel Parking Heater? Useful for all year round use. Even in Spain.

Hi All,

ACC
DCC
Comfort dash upgrade
Heater (standard)
Tow bar (demountable)

Thanks
Chris
I love the app connect, and seeing the reviews of the sat nav on the Cali I think it's well worth the money.
I wouldn't spec 17" alloys from factory. You'll save money if you let it arrive with some wheels which you can swap for privately bought alloys and tyres. That way the upgrade is way cheaper.
Devonport alloys in U.K. are £970 ish from VW. On eBay you can pick them up for around £580. That is a big difference. Plus you can sell the wheels for £400-500 that came with the van.

I love the app connect, and seeing the reviews of the sat nav on the Cali I think it's well worth the money.
I wouldn't spec 17" alloys from factory. You'll save money if you let it arrive with some wheels which you can swap for privately bought alloys and tyres. That way the upgrade is way cheaper.
Devonport alloys in U.K. are £970 ish from VW. On eBay you can pick them up for around £580. That is a big difference. Plus you can sell the wheels for £400-500 that came with the van.

Thank guys,
I am looking at the possibility of changing the wheels/tyres after I get the vehicle and keeping the originals as a 'winter set'. Changing the vehicle from the original specification as detailed on the 'log book' is a nightmare here. (Though I am fairly sure alloys are OK.)
Trying to get the vehicle upgraded after purchase can be a nightmare because any alterations have to be notified and be accompanied by a further certificate of compliance.
The Spanish consider things like wheel/tyre sizes & towbars as a change from the original spec' and as such they require notification.

ACC isn't brilliant. I found it quite sluggish to respond. Go with standard cruise.
DCC, hell to the no...!!! It's a big van and comfortable enough anyway.

I don't get DCC unless it's on some high performance vehicle with very stiff suspension. More gimmicks for Volkswagen to sell and go wrong IMO.

Hi All,

I am currently 'speccing up' a new T6 Beach for purchase in Spain
Your spec is very close to what I'm looking for. I'd be interested to see what price they quote you. I've been looking around and it seems that a 10% discount is not exceptional, which is a good deal because Spanish prices are already lower than elsewhere. (BTW I live in the South of France, so Spain is near and I won't have to deal with the exchange rate.)

According to reviews DCC makes very little sense.
Make sure you get the Air heater with remote and not the water operated heater.
ACC works fine and adds a bit of extra protection when driving longer distances on the highway.
I added two extra seats, expensive to buy after delivery
I added a normal tow bar, the removable ones are always stuck and makes no sense on such a utility vehicle.
Extra window in the driver door to be able to ventilate better.

Your spec is very close to what I'm looking for. I'd be interested to see what price they quote you. I've been looking around and it seems that a 10% discount is not exceptional, which is a good deal because Spanish prices are already lower than elsewhere. (BTW I live in the South of France, so Spain is near and I won't have to deal with the exchange rate.)
Be careful about the prices quoted on the Spanish configurator, they are meaningless. In Spain, the prices quoted are plus taxes. As a private buyer I get an 11% discount but then have to pay 9.75% vehicle tax and a further 21% VAT. Add to this registration and delivery charges and the configurator bill is increased by 10 grand.

Oops! And then it's still
As a guide, use the configurator to get a base figure. Then minus 11%.. add 9.75% ..then add a further 21%and finally add 500 euros for registration and 275 euros for delivery. THIS IS ONLY A GUIDE BECAUSE THE DEALERS COMPUTER PRICES THINGS DIFFERENTLY TO THE CONFIGURATOR I don't think EU regs will allow you to buy it for export to another EU country so you might have to get it registered in Spain then arrange for a personal import to France. This may not make the vehicle more cost effective. My local dealer is quite a decent guy and I will be going to see him for another quote fairly soon. If you let me know what exact spec' you want I can get him to do you a formal quote. I will then copy & email it to you to give you an accurate idea of Spanish prices.

I have a quote from a French mandataire who imports Calis (and any other car) from Spain. For a T6 Ocean 150 4MO DSG they quote 55K€ (incl French VAT), delivered at my doorstep. The French list price is 65K€, a difference of 10K€, or 15%. There's no mention of the 9.75% vehicle tax, so that may not apply to cars that are to be exported. Since I now have decided that I want a Beach I'll ask for a new quote. Specs very much like yours, except for ACC and DCC and alloys. (BTW I understand that the awning is standard in Spain)

Last edited:
I have a quote from a French mandataire who imports Calis (and any other car) from Spain. For a T6 Ocean 150 4MO DSG they quote 55K€ (incl French VAT), delivered at my doorstep. The French list price is 65K€, a difference of 10K€, or 15%. There's no mention of the 9.75% vehicle tax, so that may not apply to cars that are to be exported. Since I now have decided that I want a Beach I'll ask for a new quote. Specs very much like yours, except for ACC and DCC and alloys. (BTW I understand that the awning is standard in Spain)

http://www.volkswagen-comerciales.es/es.html
Check out this link to the Spanish cofigurator

Be clear if its the auxilliary heater or the parking heater that is standard, they are two very different things.
What are the difference between the two heaters?

Guessing aux heater is the water and parking the air. Thanks..

Auxiliary heater, heats the engine coolant below 6c helping the engine warm up in cold weather on a Diesel engine. With a remote fitted this can be used for 30 mins to pre warm the cabin with the dash blowers. It is connected to the engine battery.

The parking heater has a vent in the rear and uses the leisure battery. It isn't limited and is a much more effective heater for the living space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back