Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's everyone doing for Easter?

We are on our way to Holmsley Campsite in the New Forest, we go the last pitch left so we are expecting it to be like sardines over the weekend as you can pitch anywhere you want as no marked pitches, hopefully by getting there at midday we will be one of the first to arrive.

Like @Teejay1 we're stuck at home this weekend :(. Lots of adventures planned over the next few weeks and we'll press the Cali into mobile cafe action for a day out tomorrow or Sunday :thumb

Mobile playbus and picnic van as two of the grandchildren have been assigned to us for the weekend.

Sat with my foot in the air waiting for Monday and my first try to get my shoe on :(

Albert is going to be cleaned and polished this weekend. He is feeling neglected.

Mr B is decorating and I'm doing lots of other bits 'n' bobs. Want to get all our 'at home' jobs done before we collect Cali on Wednesday!

Finally wired in the dashcam.Took ages to find a usable earth and then ages to manage to screw the spade connector in.

Have a plan B if that fails later. hopefully.

DSCF5686.JPG Wakeboarding, Peterborough antique fair, meal out for friend's birthday, wakeboarding, family meal and finally sleep.

Last edited:
We are confined to barracks. Our troops are coming to us for Easter. The littleuns love an Easter egg hunt in the local bluebell woods which is usually followed by a chocolate fuelled sugar rush. :Nailbiting The girls like sneaking upstairs and making potions from Mrs Bs toiletries. She is usually thrilled. The boys like fighting or playing games at maximum volume via our TV on their games thingy. The adults like nothing more than ignoring their kids and nattering whilst guzzling our wine. Mrs B will probably spend most her time in the cook house whilst I undertake my usual referee, sous chef and wine waiter duties. She has also had to make up beds all over the house.

I suggested that we could sleep in our Cali.........preferably whilst it was parked in Wales.

Seriously we wouldn't have it any other way. Well maybe just once in a while it would be nice.

We are confined to barracks. Our troops are coming to us for Easter. The littleuns love an Easter egg hunt in the local bluebell woods which is usually followed by a chocolate fuelled sugar rush. :Nailbiting The girls like sneaking upstairs and making potions from Mrs Bs toiletries. She is usually thrilled. The boys like fighting or playing games at maximum volume via our TV on their games thingy. The adults like nothing more than ignoring their kids and nattering whilst guzzling our wine. Mrs B will probably spend most her time in the cook house whilst I undertake my usual referee, sous chef and wine waiter duties. She has also had to make up beds all over the house.

I suggested that we could sleep in our Cali.........preferably whilst it was parked in Wales.

Seriously we wouldn't have it any other way. Well maybe just once in a while it would be nice.

Read through clenched teeth... "That sounds like loads of fun!"

;)

ae667cacce9b6d08c6b9182f9acca963.jpg
Wild camping Gawr Peninsula. Looking like a lovely day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First proper outing in our Beach. Spent Thursday, Friday next to Hayling Island Sailing Club. Now down at the Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy. Bright but cold this morning
50b5609ffa12a24e938fadf109ce21f5.jpg

Staying home, too many other commitments all this week. Looking forward to next weekend. Then either Kelynack or somewhere on the Lizard.

Off to the coast today, we will then get a take away Chinese to eat in the van whilst watching the sunset and then back home to watch line of duty

Well, after a lovely week away in Wales, I spent most of today ironing. Hey ho. Off to cook roast goat for dinner now. Yum. Normal service will be resumed once the schools go back, i.e. we will be all over the place in The Hamster, boiling kettles, guzzling beer and pissing everybody off who doesn't own a campervan. Fools!

Cleaning Billy, airing sleeping bags and getting washing dry (dull, dull, dull) after our few days away this week, rapidly followed by assisting little people consume chocolate whilst deciding where to book our next trip too! :)

At home, on call :(. Off to Islay next week though to stock up on some whisky, :cheers
Slight update, Sunday went to a nature reserve low barns looking at spotting scopes. Nature reserve today, not on call today. Had a grand day out photographing harriers.

..me..

Back