Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's the first thing you do...?

What is the first thing you do when you arrive at your pitch?

• Put the kettle on

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Relax for 5mins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grab a cold one out of the fridge

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Run to the loo because you should've but didn't stop at the last service station

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Swivel the seats and/or start prepping your pitch

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Pour you partner a glass of wine/beer

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Send the kids to the play park

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Explore the site

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Get the BBQ/COB/CADAC fired up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else...(please share)

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters
Something else: put roof up (but its currently roof tent) then a cold one...

actually this should be a double poll with a duplicate question for Him and Her ;)

Roof up, room temperature beer out of the box :)

Roof up, Awning out if weather acceptable - no Force 10. SWMBO puts the kettle on.

Hook up the power. Because the cable spool is a first what should go from the boot to get access to other stuff.
But I'd choose poor a wine for the partner )

Roof up (topper on if it's really wet and we are staying a while), swivel seats, awning out, hook up if applicable.
Kettle or beer depending on temperature.

Find the loo

There's a clear tendency towards OCD in Cali owners. Starting to set up the pitch is leading and not a single vote for 'relax for 5 minutes' :thumb

There's a clear tendency towards OCD in Cali owners. Starting to set up the pitch is leading and not a single vote for 'relax for 5 minutes' :thumb

Currently still tenting, actual answer is 'a 15 min discussion of which way to pitch' Once that is decided the rest is pretty plain sailing.

Similar to Teejay, although first off we send the kids off to the play park so that we don't run them over whilst trying to move the van into position! ;)

I have to shuffle backwards and forwards and every which way until light/levels/view/proximity of neighbours etc is to Mrs Motacyclist's satisfaction! :D

Even worse if we haven't been allocated a pitch, we drive round in circles for ages looking for the best one!

Last edited:
Roof up

seat turned round

Gas on

Kettle on

Apologise to whoever's drive I'm parked in ..... (sorry, just had to stop for ten minutes, won't be long)....

Find the on-site dog walk and take my girls for a tiddle :embarrased

Other

Me - Level, roof up, seats out, window curtains on, swivel front seats, electrical hook up, awning, BBQ,

Wife - remove dogs from vehicle, hold dogs, use seat, watch, hand dogs to me after finishing the above, sort bedding out.

Have to go for a option not on the list
As we travel with our dog the first thing when parked up is looking afther her....
Getting her out of the cage or undo the harnass she wears , give her the chance to go out and do her "service" than poor her some water....
She's my baby ....don't tell the wife;)

Get my checklist out...then curse that I've forgotten to fill up with water on the way in...again!
So I head for a dogwalk instead, quickly followed by a cider ready and waiting in the fridge!

Hook up,then set out the table and chairs and enjoy a cold beer. Half an hour later we usually decide to reposition for a better view/evening sunlight/less shade/ etc. This is why we never turn the driver seat or put the roof up straight away

I've only camped once with the van so far but camped with a tent for years - first, wee! Then as I no longer have the chore of putting up the tent, kettle on, cuppa tea, relax!

Most of the time I won't need to think about turning the seat round or anything else as I shall be on my own!
Bliss!

Beer opened first to provide sustenance whilst pitching ;)

Other: Plug Holly in so we can put the roof up and have a cup of tea! :thumb

Load everyone back in, and drive around again (at least one more time)!!

Back