Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What's the first thing you do...?

What is the first thing you do when you arrive at your pitch?

• Put the kettle on

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Relax for 5mins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grab a cold one out of the fridge

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Run to the loo because you should've but didn't stop at the last service station

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Swivel the seats and/or start prepping your pitch

Votes: 29 39.7%
  • Pour you partner a glass of wine/beer

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Send the kids to the play park

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Explore the site

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Get the BBQ/COB/CADAC fired up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else...(please share)

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters
Roof up, passenger seat swivelled, duvet stuffed up into roof bed, then cup of tea (from flask). This is of course after several minutes discussing which way we want to face, whether it's level or not, which pitch do we want in the first place, etc etc. Then go & get some water to fill up the tank. I don't know why it never occurs to us to do this while driving past the tap on the way in...

duvet stuffed up into roof bed,

Genius. Yep, do that now to save you have to grope around in the back late evening to find it in the dark / while 'Cali buddy' is getting into jimjams / while dog is leaping all over the place in anticipation of last-thing walkies / with half empty glasses of Californian plonk all over the shop...

I love those little Standard Operating Procedures that make life blissful. :bananadance

I do it first as we keep it in the wardrobe, and I don't want to be trying to drag it out of there while there are pans on the stove!

Pick Spot, level up, topper on (if needed), roof up, front window blinds or external screen (as suggested by time of year) the seats round (tricky with levelling blocks and need to have foot on brake to release hand brake whilst turning front drivers seat), awning out (choice of Kela or roll out depending on circumstance) then tidy up (inc bedding in upper berth) then tea/beer/cider. Takes about 20 mins nowadays.

Look for a better pitch than the one they gave us and endeavour to get moved.

Roof up, Awning up, wine bottle open :)

Look for a better pitch than the one they gave us and endeavour to get moved.
Oh yes. reminds me of camping as a child.
Never used to recover from the lack of street cred from carrying the frame tent, erected and un-pegged across the campsite to the preferred spot...
:headbang:headbang:eek::headbang:oops:

Last edited:
Toilet for me. Then the dogs. Find someone who'll help with topper and awning attaching. In the meantime get the front wind screen isolite extreme on then swivel the seats.
Get the awning under sheet down and get awning out and lined up ready for help. Ditto for topper fastenings and topper... Attach the two less than ten mins of help from neighbour) and then spend 45 mins getting awning pumped up and pegged down. Dog crates moved from van into awning followed by dogs and then...
...WINE time...!

Back