Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel Bolt Covers

Calikev said:
How about a picture please :thumb

Hi

Please find a couple of pics attached

The edges on the upturned wheel nut covers look a bit rough, I filed the edges after cutting on the ones I put on the Cali.

Hope this helps

Ewan

Wheel Nut Covers 001.jpg Wheel Nut Covers 002.jpg

I contacted VW Customer Services about the covers. They said they didn't supply them as after all it was only a Van. Much splirting by me later they said it was down to customer loyalty. Again much splirting by me as to how this was my eleventh VW and only owning VW vehicles over the last 40 odd years. He then asked me what vehicles I had owned. After I had realed off the list he started to mellow and said he would see what he could do.
What he actually did was contact the dealer and persuade them to supply the covers and also cover the cost. I'm annoyed by this as I think VW should be fitting them as standard and he could have soured my relationship with my supplier.
In the hand book it states "the caps protect the bolts and must be replaced after changing the tyre". If this is true then VW are supplying vehicles without this protection.
The California SE is the most expensive vehicle VW sell. Even the standard phaeton is cheaper. In my opinion VW are spoiling the ship for a halfpenneth of tar as well as putting us at risk from unprotected wheel nuts.

On the plus side I have now received a complete set of caps FOC from my supplier who were E.S. Hartley of Kendal via Benfields of Newcastle. All excellent people to deal with.

Have Fun

Bob

Nice one .....I have them on my Cali and without them those cheap galv bolts look rough ...even an up ,polo and a caddy van and t5 panel have their wheel nuts covered ... Lol

VW do have a weird take on the Cali, a £40K + vehicle !!
Even selling it through their commercial dealers is plainly wrong. I wonder if the sales would go up if they were sold at their car dealers ??

Stu said:
I found a picture of the Chrome ones -
They might look good on Silver wheels.

They do.....and you dont get them with your new car in Germany eather. :sad

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back