Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where have all the ladies gone?

YAY as well!!! If it is, you'll get it before Christmas with any luck - and then you'll need the thread about cooking Crimbo dinner in the California :cheers

Yes!! When we had our air-cooled vans we always had a Boxing Day picnic by the sea with the Christmas day leftovers, fantastic memories, even though we all usually froze to bits!!

I will be deliriously excited if it arrives in time to continue the tradition, thats for sure.

Be a bit warmer in the Cali though, oh how I am sooooo looking forward to that heater :)

Still around and still posting. Didn't get to any meets this year as my daughter had Saturday classes she could not miss. Lime green and orange look for Zebedee in homage to the vans of my youth. Fluffy rug, chenille cushions, fluffy blankets, bunting, fairy lights, scented candle. Co-ordinated accessories etc. The dog is the only male round here and he loves the Cali.

Only time I used it for a date to cook a meal I got pulled by the police as they thought I must be dogging! I had inadvertently stopped in a well known dogging area! They were somewhat bemused to observe a three course Italian meal in progress!

I may even sleep in Zebedee with the dog tonight on the drive as I have a house full of teenagers coming home from a concert for a sleepover and reckon the van will be a better bet than the house! The parking heater was jolly useful this morning to defrost the van and make it bearable at 5am when I had to ferry my daughter to the queue for the concert ( which doesn't start till 8pm!).

If any ladies fancy a stay at our cottage in Brittany from which you can access 700 beaches in less than an hour please let me know....the only thing missing in the Cali is a power shower and a log burner!

Dunno about being a lady but I'm female and I'm here!

Nothing green in my pearl black Sexy Rexy - I think he's definitely a bloke and he's gorgeous! And I like him just the way he is, black seats, grey carpets, and the standard light coloured cupboards and grey door cards.

Ok, I've allowed a bit of purple to creep in, the purple pillows become cushions when we're travelling (the seatbelts prevent them from sliding off the seat, the duvet cover is purple and white, and there's a purple blanket. And purple twinkly lights but only on the awning.

There used to be a good bunch of girlies on here but they seem to have but disappeared, I know we have GJ but what about all the others? Where have you all gone?
There used to be a good bunch of girlies on here but they seem to have but disappeared, I know we have GJ but what about all the others? Where have you all gone?
Signing in!

We moved house in the summer and haven't had time since then!
Things are starting to calm down so I might be back.
We haven't been able to get away recently due to teenage commitments either.
I really enjoy peoples tales of their trips away.
We tend to move around a lot so don't bother with many natty bits.
Have gone with a mid blue theme but would prefer purple!
Two men on board so I am outnumbered, mind you I have snook some pink and purple into the patterened Turtle mat we have!

In France with van and see I have a French flag on pic! Celia

Last edited:
I'm here too and love reading this forum regularly but have nothing to report other than our van ended up in the garage again this week as the alternator belt shredded and we lost the power steering and felt relieved yet again that it's still under warranty. Still love it though but hope teething problems have settled down once and for all.

Still hanging on in here. Been too exhausted to look each day recently but this post caught my eye. I should be on my way to work now so I'll look forward to catching up when I get home.
I like the interior design chat as opposed to the under the bonnet chat, but have some work to do to winterise Fred tonight. All good stuff.
I forget sometimes how many people are in the forum. It can feel like a small family, but once in a while I get put off by a sharp reply which is a reminder to me to step back and take care.
I love the forum and the 'family'. So good to here there's loads of ladies here too.

Still hanging on in here. Been too exhausted to look each day recently but this post caught my eye. I should be on my way to work now so I'll look forward to catching up when I get home.
I like the interior design chat as opposed to the under the bonnet chat, but have some work to do to winterise Fred tonight. All good stuff.
I forget sometimes how many people are in the forum. It can feel like a small family, but once in a while I get put off by a sharp reply which is a reminder to me to step back and take care.
I love the forum and the 'family'. So good to here there's loads of ladies here too.

As always Dottie a pleasure to hear from you.

Take care of Fred, and you.

Jen

Hi Dottie,
Am I allowed post here being of the male gender :)
I know what you mean, about sharp replies or spiky comments, it seems to be a male thing. Not sure many of the ladies would be so conceited to think they know it all. Although I'm sure they exist too somewhere.

Some people just do not read what they have written before they hit the post it button. I'm sure that they'll read this and think "that's not me". Also you must know, we are not all the same there are enough nice people left in the forum/world.

It's easy to stick the prickly people in to the ignore folder. I've not done that yet but have come close with a few.

...message ends...

On another forum, ina another life, I tried using the 'ignore' button - but I found I had to keep unignoring their posts cos I had to know what they were saying! :confused:

I'm a girl - well you would think that, with a name like Verity, wouldn't you?! (Actually that's my cat's name, don't know why I chose that instead of my own - perhaps I was feeling mysterious that day).

My van is hopefully arriving before Christmas. Like many on here, I find the interior a bit 'cold' and 'utility' looking. I've just sold a 2012 Swift caravan, which was really cosy. My husband rolls his eyes, but actually I think he secretly agrees with me, as he didn't even bat an eyelid when I visited the Hatfield House Frost Fair this weekend and purchased some very classy bunting and a really lovely turquoise plaid throw for the back seat, to accompany the colourful cushions I bought a few weeks ago. I will also be injecting some sparkle with some twinkly lights, if I can find somewhere to drape them without them driving us barmy.

I was pleased he didn't get snarky - men can sometimes get a bit odd about the number of cushions we ladies introduce into their lives (sweeping generalisation)!

Happy decorating, one and all. Presumably we'll all be getting the tinsel and baubles out soon too?!

I know just what you mean about the sharp comments.
When I see them it puts me off and I tend to not log in for a while.
My choice as I prefer civilised conversation.
I always enjoy the humour on here and the vast majority are very nice!

I'm a girl - well you would think that, with a name like Verity, wouldn't you?! (Actually that's my cat's name, don't know why I chose that instead of my own - perhaps I was feeling mysterious that day).

My van is hopefully arriving before Christmas. Like many on here, I find the interior a bit 'cold' and 'utility' looking. I've just sold a 2012 Swift caravan, which was really cosy. My husband rolls his eyes, but actually I think he secretly agrees with me, as he didn't even bat an eyelid when I visited the Hatfield House Frost Fair this weekend and purchased some very classy bunting and a really lovely turquoise plaid throw for the back seat, to accompany the colourful cushions I bought a few weeks ago. I will also be injecting some sparkle with some twinkly lights, if I can find somewhere to drape them without them driving us barmy.

I was pleased he didn't get snarky - men can sometimes get a bit odd about the number of cushions we ladies introduce into their lives (sweeping generalisation)!

Happy decorating, one and all. Presumably we'll all be getting the tinsel and baubles out soon too?!

'Snarky' - such a great word and says it all!

I know just what you mean about the sharp comments.
When I see them it puts me off and I tend to not log in for a while.
My choice as I prefer civilised conversation.
I always enjoy the humour on here and the vast majority are very nice!
I get put off easily, but I can't stay away for long....and this post is my first since my 'sabbatical'...loving it!
I love the idea of a Christmassy 'Cali' comp....can it be for all VW campervans..?!

I get put off easily, but I can't stay away for long....and this post is my first since my 'sabbatical'...loving it!
I love the idea of a Christmassy 'Cali' comp....can it be for all VW campervans..?!

There should be strict rules. I'd suggest, it has to be T6 4motion, DSG in candy white with a private plate. I reckon with them in place I have a sporting chance of being on the podium,

:cheers

..message ends...

Maybe we should run a competition best Christmassy cali.

It won't be mine.

If I have anything to do with it mine will be covered in

Fred would be most welcome to strut his chrissy stuff :D

Albert however is being pressed into duty from this weekend onwards (he is being the spare bedroom for my strapping nephew ) so is likely to be in travel mode with all loose items stowed, and splattered in travel muck, for most of the run-up to Christmas.

There should be strict rules. I'd suggest, it has to be T6 4motion, DSG in candy white with a private plate. I reckon with them in place I have a sporting chance of being on the podium,

:cheers

..message ends...

Well, your red and white avatar is a good Christmassy start :upsidedown

Well, your red and white avatar is a good Christmassy start :upsidedown
Now there an idea...I might update my Avatar and create a Christmassy one of Fred and Dottie...watch this space...saying that, even my VW Pinterest obsession is on hold whilst I do some Christmas internet shopping, so not so sure if I'll have the time to 'play Christmas houses' with Fred!

Did anyone watch Mary Portas tonight and the millionaires that are being made from blogging? I wonder if there are any millionaire VW bloggers out there?

Just realised the OP was looking for 'girlies' - sorry, not one of those - never was!

Just checking in to confirm I'm still around. Orange and lime green are the colour theme in the living area, but am thinking of adding some twinkly lights for the festive season. Also just had the winter wheels fitted so looking forward to some winter weekends in Wales.

Just checking in to confirm I'm still around. Orange and lime green are the colour theme in the living area, but am thinking of adding some twinkly lights for the festive season. Also just had the winter wheels fitted so looking forward to some winter weekends in Wales.

My Winter wheels go on Monday.

Albert is getting terribly excited. He knows when that happens he can look forward to a few days of mud, snow, floods, tempest and hurricanes :shocked

Likely to be rather tame though. I hope he's not disappointed. Probably the Loire valley. I need some more wine.