Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Where is the stop start module?

OConnors

OConnors

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi. A few years back we had a California on which the battery used to go randomly and instantly flat. Drive for 100 miles. Park for and hour, flat. Fine for two weeks then the same again. After much investigation by the dealer, even the service manager drove it for a week until it happened to him. They concluded the fault was caused by the “stop start module”. They changed it and there was never a problem again. We now have the same symptoms on another 2017 van so I am tempted to change the module myself assuming it is simple rather than book in to dealer and all the hassle that ensues. Where is the module and what does it look like? Anybody know. Is it a plug in piece of electronics? Thanks in advance.

Im not sure but I believe it is located under the passenger seat. I can hear mine clicking when it stops and starts

A quick search on ebay will provide a photo of what you are looking for. Will make looking under the seat so much easier.

Hi. A few years back we had a California on which the battery used to go randomly and instantly flat. Drive for 100 miles. Park for and hour, flat. Fine for two weeks then the same again. After much investigation by the dealer, even the service manager drove it for a week until it happened to him. They concluded the fault was caused by the “stop start module”. They changed it and there was never a problem again. We now have the same symptoms on another 2017 van so I am tempted to change the module myself assuming it is simple rather than book in to dealer and all the hassle that ensues. Where is the module and what does it look like? Anybody know. Is it a plug in piece of electronics? Thanks in advance.
Have you checked this by plugging in an OBD2 reader. This should give you a definite answer if the stop/start module is faulty.

Back