Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which tyre brand/type - 255/45/18/h (103)

Gelato

Gelato

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Wondered which tyre/brand people would recommend, new tyres for new alloys, I was looking originally at Michelin Cross Climate+ but these appear in limited supply (need them next week before Scotland holiday/tour).

Wondered what people would suggest/recommend, perhaps Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Evo (alternative to the Michelin), Continental Premium Contact 6, or anything else?

I was thinking all weather tyre for safety, not in an area where we have lots of rain/snow (at the moment!!!).

Going more towards the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Evo, don't know if anyone has had these fitted, can an alternative tyre make much difference to road noise/fuel economy (not had our California long so new tyres on!).

Any advice greatly received.

Wondered which tyre/brand people would recommend, new tyres for new alloys, I was looking originally at Michelin Cross Climate+ but these appear in limited supply (need them next week before Scotland holiday/tour).

Wondered what people would suggest/recommend, perhaps Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Evo (alternative to the Michelin), Continental Premium Contact 6, or anything else?

I was thinking all weather tyre for safety, not in an area where we have lots of rain/snow (at the moment!!!).

Going more towards the Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Evo, don't know if anyone has had these fitted, can an alternative tyre make much difference to road noise/fuel economy (not had our California long so new tyres on!).

Any advice greatly received.
We have Michelin Agilis, very pleased. Don't know if they do your size.

I use Uniroyal Rainsport 5
As the name implies very good in the wet, which to me is more important than performance on the 1 day a year of snow. Should be available at about £120 each

I have Michelin Cross Climates now, not the Agilis version, and they have been great.

I had these, they were terrible in the snow and wore out quite quickly. Would not buy again.
Odd as I've seen quite a few positives from Transporter users.

235/55/18 104V is an option which has a greater range of tyres to pick from.

I've got these on in the 17" version. Slight hum but no issues in snow or torrential rain on Motorway.

Odd as I've seen quite a few positives from Transporter users.
I thought they were on until it snowed, and they wore out. The reviews also say they are bad in snow.

I have uniroyal rainsport 3s, very happy with them, though you will have to go for the 5s now.

I thought they were on until it snowed, and they wore out. The reviews also say they are bad in snow.
Current version is A0005 EVO which on Bridgestone's online site say that snow performance is one of the performance improvements.

Are thes ok on the van says it’s a passenger car tyre??0FEB891A-83DA-428B-97E0-C5F471BCF7DF.jpg

Think going to go with Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Evo, read reviews (tyresreview.com) and where we live South East will be a good choice, not our main vehicle so can see what the tyre wear is like. Thanks for people's comments.