Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

All Season Tyres poll

I’m in the market…..
Which wheels/tyres did you get in the end?

Might be interested.

speed index is wrong for T6.1 4m 204 hp, max speed is more than 190 km/h, also doubt load index. These would not pass MOT in Belgium.
Not sure what you mean. Speed ratings are sufficient. Screenshot_20240720_094903_Chrome~2.jpg

Not sure what you mean. Speed ratings are sufficient. View attachment 126617
Isn't it a case of what is approved for use on the vehicle - as in what is on the door plate? The standard van tyres are speed rated T at load rating 107 and H at 104. Since VW specifies H they are fine. But anything rated T at say a load rating of 103 would not meet the requirement?

Michelin Cross Climates are H at 103 - so that is fine obviously. Great tyres in my experience as well.

Which tyres are you talking about ?
There are two tyres in my post.

Good Info for Belgium if you live there.
My Bio shows I live in the UK.
Tyre size is
Comforser CF1100
255/65/r17 102 T M&S but no 3 peak’s.
255/65 is out of range and T is only 190 km/h
I agree Belgium seems to be less tolerant than most other countries
regarding these specs. circumference of car tire tolerance here is -2% and +1,5% max. Tire center even refused to mount 2 exactly same tires but with different speed index on same axle.So be warned the bridgestone ao005 you get from VW is no longer available as H only V.

Tyre size is
Comforser CF1100
255/65/r17 102 T M&S but no 3 peak’s.
255/65 is out of range and T is only 190 km/h
I agree Belgium seems to be less tolerant than most other countries
regarding these specs. circumference of car tire tolerance here is -2% and +1,5% max. Tire center even refused to mount 2 exactly same tires but with different speed index on same axle.So be warned the bridgestone ao005 you get from VW is no longer available as H only V.
Well in the U.K. and for Insurance purposes the speed rating doesn’t matter AS LONG as it is the same or greater than the Manufacturers minimum requirement.

Well in the U.K. and for Insurance purposes the speed rating doesn’t matter AS LONG as it is the same or greater than the Manufacturers minimum requirement.
On which document does a manufacturer state the minimum speed index of tires for a vehicle? There is a table with tire sizes and recommended tire pressure on the one hand on the other hand a specified maximum speed. In Belgium it is required that the tires are at least suitable for the maximum speed of the vehicle specified by the manufacturer.
Unfortunately, rules are rarely logical, because although a 204hp California has a maximum speed of more than 190km/h, there is no road in Belgium where it is allowed to drive faster than 120km/h.
Some rules only apply to residents of a country, others also apply to visitors from other countries.. it drives you crazy sometimes.
Some rules are stupid: you can't have a spare bulb with you if you have LED headlights for example. But that is perhaps better a topic for another thread.

On which document does a manufacturer state the minimum speed index of tires for a vehicle? There is a table with tire sizes and recommended tire pressure on the one hand on the other hand a specified maximum speed. In Belgium it is required that the tires are at least suitable for the maximum speed of the vehicle specified by the manufacturer.
Unfortunately, rules are rarely logical, because although a 204hp California has a maximum speed of more than 190km/h, there is no road in Belgium where it is allowed to drive faster than 120km/h.
Some rules only apply to residents of a country, others also apply to visitors from other countries.. it drives you crazy sometimes.
Some rules are stupid: you can't have a spare bulb with you if you have LED headlights for example. But that is perhaps better a topic for another thread.
Example
IMG_2337.jpeg

I would avoid the A005s...

I've had 3 set of these on my Cali as they were the only all season offering at the time I changed to 18in. Camber pull and poor life (9 to 11k) which I only realized when I made the move across to CC. I've now had the CC on for the last 10,500 miles and the front tyres are at 5.5mm and consistent wear.

I added the A005 to my XC70 Volvo (before the issue was apparent) , and these exhibited the same issue (i.e not isolated to the vehicle). Replaced yesterday at 19k miles for CCs and the Volvo/ like the Cali, no longer has the camber pull....bliss

Have you used the CC in proper winter conditions? I’m wondering if I can get away with CC on 18s instead of a set of full winters really only needed for 3-4 trips to the Alps a year.

I am suprised at the shade on A005. I ran a set on a Tesla model 3 and they were decent, no punctures and got 25k out of them. With the reports in here I 100% would not get for my Cali now though.