Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

White powder/crystals in passenger footwell

I am serious, yours would not be the first brand new vehicle to have transported a dodgy substance over the Channel.

Far better for you to be asking Plod what it is, than them asking you.

If Vw can't account for it and you can't someone must have put it there.....
“ Happy “ Christmas. Maybe:bananadance2
“Snow”?

It looks like a broken up bath bomb. Been left in the back of the van and rolled out under braking? Put a lump in warm water and see if it fizzes

A bit off topic, but might make you smile.
In the late '60's I became the proud second owner of an MGB GT. As young men do, it had to be tested to the limit. Under very heavy braking a ladies wrist watch shot out into the passenger footwell. It was solid gold, made by Omega. I contacted the previous (married) owner intending to return it. I could hear the panic in his voice over the phone as he suggested that I keep it, it was nothing to do with him!

In similar vein, my VW Kombi (1970 vintage) had the spare wheel mounted on the front. On my second visit to Greece, on arrival at Igoumenitsa, the friendly customs official instructed that the wheel be removed from its mounting, the tyre taken off and the internals inspected. Finding nothing, the tyre was refitted, but I had to find a local garage to inflate it.

Happy days.

The vw engineer asked whether my van was ever in the showroom as a display model ..which it was ...he said he thought it was an air freshener that had been put in whilst it was in the showroom ...it does smell like that ...he couldn’t think of anything else it could be

The vw engineer asked whether my van was ever in the showroom as a display model ..which it was ...he said he thought it was an air freshener that had been put in whilst it was in the showroom ...it does smell like that ...he couldn’t think of anything else it could be
Shake and Vac?

Shake and Vac?
He suggested I put in the some water to see what happened....hmmm...perhaps not...anyway all seems to be OK with the van and I will mention it when I take it in for a service.

Back