wonky roof

acer

acer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
What do you make of this?

wonky roof cropped.jpg

When the roof is up it seems to be straight. When the roof is down it seems to be fine also. However, we have noticed that the driver's side of the roof lowers at a faster rate than the passenger side. It means that mid-cycle the driver's side is lower as you can see above. Has anyone else noticed this on their van?

Our van does this, it is only ever a slight difference. With the roof fully up or fully down the roof is driven to hard end stops and hence normally flat.

When lowering the single roof pump is operating the two ram circuits at the same time and the two sides generally follow each other but not perfectly synchronised and the roof isn't rigid enough make them act as one. I am sure this is down to pipe lengths, part / ram variation or much more complex aspects of hydraulic flow/pressure rates that i don't understand.

A

Our van does this, it is only ever a slight difference. With the roof fully up or fully down the roof is driven to hard end stops and hence normally flat.

When lowering the single roof pump is operating the two ram circuits at the same time and the two sides generally follow each other but not perfectly synchronised and the roof isn't rigid enough make them act as one. I am sure this is down to pipe lengths, part / ram variation or much more complex aspects of hydraulic flow/pressure rates that i don't understand.

A
That‘s interesting. I was hoping someone would say that. My old 5.1 used to be straight every time.

Hi, just raise it fully and lower....it will straighten out.

What do you make of this?

we have noticed that the driver's side of the roof lowers at a faster rate than the passenger side. It means that mid-cycle the driver's side is lower as you can see above. Has anyone else noticed this on their van?

Ive had 3 vans & all 3 roofs did that when lowering.