Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wow! here it is. Our own gorgeous Cali!

The same as always … nice to have ;-)
Agree BUT... Some cars are skittish in snow and ice. Ive always had a Land Rover so just wondered what my Cali will be like. She is heavy.... Any comments appreciated..

Thats a valid point... What are the Calis like in the bad weather???
Best time to use one ..
The campsites are quite,waking up on crisp frosty mornings breathing in clean fresh air,it doesn't get better all you need is decent outdoors clothing and you got an all season all year round camper...plenty warm enough with the heating on at night if needs be.
we love it and have always camped all year round ..get out and use it!!!!
Roll on November for our new one

Agree BUT... Some cars are skittish in snow and ice. Ive always had a Land Rover so just wondered what my Cali will be like. She is heavy.... Any comments appreciated..

I did not get that ;-)

The first winter as a Cali-owner was astonishing mild, so I can not tell about deep snow. But with winter tyres the cold wet weather was no problem. I seem the weight comes as an advantage actually.

If I should configure one myself (we got an ex-demo), I would tick 4 motion. We can have plenty snowfall, and I drive stony roads for surf spots, so it could come in handy. But so far no problem. Just think ahead. But it's not an LR ;-)

I own a landrover defender too...never once have I got stuck in my cali,never owned a 4motion always 130s then 140 now a 150 on order always 2 wheel drives never a problem.stayed in the alps on a snowboarding holiday in Feb 2011 in our old Cali it was fine..as long as your aware of the conditions and take precautions ull be ok.simple

I own a landrover defender too...never once have I got stuck in my cali,never owned a 4motion always 130s then 140 now a 150 on order always 2 wheel drives never a problem.stayed in the alps on a snowboarding holiday in Feb 2011 in our old Cali it was fine..as long as your aware of the conditions and take precautions ull be ok.simple
Yup we're ex Defender folk as well. Obviously nothing is like a Landy ... but we negotiated snow (thin) and ice last winter in the Cali, and he performed beautifully, when being driven carefully of course! The heater is fabulous. Toasty. And, as mentioned above, a beautiful quiet country campsite in the frost is heavenly. Nice to sit out on a still clear night under the awning with the fairy lights and sip a mug of mulled wine too. Ahh - I'm almost looking forward to winter now .....!

Did you spec locking differential on your 4 motion
I did on mine, which arrives next week. I'm going to be in the Highlands of Scotland in winter on my own, on single track roads and off road to an extent so didn't want to take a chance.

Yup we're ex Defender folk as well. Obviously nothing is like a Landy ... but we negotiated snow (thin) and ice last winter in the Cali, and he performed beautifully, when being driven carefully of course! The heater is fabulous. Toasty. And, as mentioned above, a beautiful quiet country campsite in the frost is heavenly. Nice to sit out on a still clear night under the awning with the fairy lights and sip a mug of mulled wine too. Ahh - I'm almost looking forward to winter now .....!
Sounds just perfect :thumb

Sounds great,camping in the snow with the heater on.
It will be luxury for me. I've been sleeping in the back of my wife's X5 with no heater, a 4- season sleeping bag and multiple layers including gloves and a balaclava!

Here' s a clip my wife took out of the window as we escaped a very muddy campsite at the Goodwood Revival this weekend. Lets you see what 4Motion can do, it was uphill too! Most 2 wheel drive vehicles were being pulled off by a tractor.

I wonder if it would have been so easy in a manual (as opposed to a DSG)?

I wonder if it would have been so easy in a manual (as opposed to a DSG)?
Can't see why it wouldn't be just as good or not better if you're a competent driver ???
Your using the gearbox yourself instead of waiting for the van to decide when to do it for you!!!
Hopefully this won't turn into a manual vs dsg debate again

Can't see why it wouldn't be just as good or not better if you're a competent driver ???
Your using the gearbox yourself instead of waiting for the van to decide when to do it for you!!!
Hopefully this won't turn into a manual vs dsg debate again
Not by me! My question was/is innocent.

Not by me! My question was/is innocent.
Hey jabberwocky ,Hope I didn't offend..It really isn't wasn't intended to sound blunt!
Couldn't handle all the alerts going off on my phone again for another week with regards to manuals vs dsg aghhhhhh nooooo

Hey jabberwocky ,Hope I didn't offend..It really isn't wasn't intended to sound blunt!
Couldn't handle all the alerts going off on my phone again for another week with regards to manuals vs dsg aghhhhhh nooooo
No worries, all's good. I am chilled here - long may it remain.

So how is it living with white...?
If we change vans, thinking either white or starlight blue

Do you have to clean it every few days

So how is it living with white...?
If we change vans, thinking either white or starlight blue

Do you have to clean it every few days
I speak from having a white car for nearly 4 years. Looks fab when cleaned but looks dirty very quickly. Also shows up any paint chips, tar etc. We won't be having another one lol.

I speak from having a white car for nearly 4 years. Looks fab when cleaned but looks dirty very quickly. Also shows up any paint chips, tar etc. We won't be having another one lol.

Darn it.
Now I’m getting flashbacks from my old white T4.
Looked so good clean, but man was it a mission to keep it looking good.
Starlight might be back in number 1 spot

I think white is easy to live with .my last van was white and my next van is.
Yes it gets dirty but then so does everything,
if u wash it occasionally it's fine,it doesn't show up imperfections and great big swirls in sunshine like dark colours,its easier to put right if it ever gets damaged,its fresh looking and cool in summer most Cali's in Europe seem to be white.
Just a happy looking camper,also looks great with privacy glass and all the black bits just my opinion
:)

most Cali's in Europe seem to be white.
I thought the opposite, every metallic under the sun in Germany but don't recollect any whites.
looks great with privacy glass and all the black bits just my opinion
True, looks very nice. If i wanted to save the cost of metallic i'm thinking of going red with the next Cali, also looks good with black.

I thought the opposite, every metallic under the sun in Germany but don't recollect any whites.

True, looks very nice. If i wanted to save the cost of metallic i'm thinking of going red with the next Cali, also looks good with black.

yep red looks nice too we had a red t4 camper tornado red I think it was
Always good to look at made me smile,
I'm just going off what I have seen in Spain rather than Europe ;)