Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wuhan and Coronavirus.

Should Foreign Nationals quarantined in Wuhan insist on repatriation home?

• Total voters
A previous neighbour was tactical firearm police officer. Nice guy but not someone I would want backing me up in a military situation, particuarly a sticky one.

Not at all. @Amarillo is correct. The atmosphere is colourless. It is the scattering of light from the sun, under certain conditions , which gives it a colour.

Pure sea water is colourless, but seems blue because of the absorption of other wavelengths.

Thanks that's the first laugh I've had in days. It just keep going.....

Thanks that's the first laugh I've had in days. It just keep going.....
It's been a strange week to say the least and it's only Wednesday.

Education for those interested.
There's a fascinating link in that article.

In January 2005 I photographed my shadow in the mist below the Glyders (Glyderau), a sub range within Snowdonia. I didn't realise what a rare phenomenon I had captured.
1584572264421.png

There's a fascinating link in that article.

In January 2005 I photographed my shadow in the mist below the Glyders (Glyderau), a sub range within Snowdonia. I didn't realise what a rare phenomenon I had captured.
View attachment 56315

I saw a similar thing when I was cycling home once in freezing fog at night. Was very freaky!

Quite easy to overcome...
Quarantine all people flying into the country wether they display symptoms or not.
China has borders with 14 countries, many of them porous. It cannot seal all its land borders. Some, like Myanmar, have declared their countries Coronavirus free, but in reality it will soon start to ravage their older population with little prospect of proper treatment.

And just wait until it gets into the huge Syrian refugee camps in Turkey and Lebanon.

China can manage its borders effectively if it wants too.
It has the man power especially as the workshops are quiet at the moment.

And just wait until it gets into the huge Syrian refugee camps in Turkey and Lebanon.

More than 90 percent of people displaced by the Syrian conflict are living in non-camp settings, eg in towns and villages in border areas, although that still does leave a lot (about 7-800,000) in camps with all kinds of threats to their health and wellbeing. And the second-order impacts of COVID-19 public health measures will doubtless bear down hardest on the poorest and most marginalised in both refugee and settled populations.

In general around the world, refugee and IDP camp populations tend to have a young age profile. Of course, another debilitating and potentially fatal disease outbreak is still the last thing they need. It also creates yet another barrier to the eventual return of displaced people to their permanent home countries/regions.

(Sorry, it's just one of my pet subjects!)

Back