Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wuhan and Coronavirus.

Should Foreign Nationals quarantined in Wuhan insist on repatriation home?

• Total voters
WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Should foreign nationals, at present quarantined in the city of Wuhan, insist on being repatriated to their own countries?, or for the greater good stay in quarantine in Wuhan?

Discuss!

I find it very interesting and feel for anyone effected, it can't be easy. Statistically more die falling down stairs (or from the flu) but we never have this panic about the danger of stairs in the media.

What I would like to know is will it eventually get here no matter what or does quarantine genuinely protect us from it? Or are we preventing ourselves from gaining immunity in the first place?

Is it a fear of 'not being in control' of the risk (as opposed to stairs)?
Can you become immune from a virus from exposure?

Although its understandable that people want to get back home, I tend to believe that in these circumstance they should be made to stay put. Surely its common sense.?! After all its proving quite the bug

Some workplaces force you to stay home if you have a (normal) flu.
In this case of Coronavirus, I'd certainly be in favor of having people quarantined.

Stay put. Surely It’s best as any travel adds to the risk. I would not want to be cooped up in a tin can for many hours with potentially infected people so I would keep myself in isolation there and take my chances.

Yes, unless it mutates.

Should foreign nationals, at present quarantined in the city of Wuhan, insist on being repatriated to their own countries?, or for the greater good stay in quarantine in Wuhan?

Discuss!

Keep them in Wuhan for 14days quarantine.

Yes, unless it mutates.
Does that not mean you 'catch it'?

I thought your body can only fight a virus by either being infected already or by having a 'similar' cell immunisation given?

Last edited:
The city has been quarantined. If they start letting every Tom, Dick and Harry leave then what's the point.

Does that not mean you 'catch it'?
Will become a New virus. That's why you can catch Flu each winter, but each time a different mutated form.

Quarantine on a military base in the UK for two weeks seems a near perfect solution.

The earlier idea of self quarantine in the UK was not safe.

My brother returned from China for the New Year holiday on the 25th. He returns on 3rd February.

Quarantine on a military base in the UK for two weeks seems a near perfect solution.
I disagree. How many other people would someone with the virus infect on their way from China to that secure UK military base.

I disagree. How many other people would someone with the virus infect on their way from China to that secure UK military base.

Anyone else aboard the plane, pilots, cabin crew and doctors/nurses. The plane can land at a military base and all remain in quarantine together.

The airport in Wuhan is not the problem as it is already in a contaminated area.

Doctors and air crew could wear protective clothing to reduce the risk of contamination.

Anyone else aboard the plane, pilots, cabin crew and doctors/nurses. The plane can land at a military base and all remain in quarantine together.

The airport in Wuhan is not the problem as it is already in a contaminated area.

Doctors and air crew could wear protective clothing to reduce the risk of contamination.
This has already happened in Germany. The german army is bringing back 100 germans from the area, along with some other european, and they will stay in a facility near Frankfurt airport to be assessed.

Other than location (a feeling of being home?), what would the benefit be to repatriation? Would there be better medical care?
Of course I'm assuming that all the people are infected, bringing the non-infected away from danger is understandable...

Last edited:
Thats how immunity works, you get sick your body develops anti-bodies? Safer with vaccinations.

Back