Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Yellow California Beach Club

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I know of only 5 or so Yellow California Beaches on the forum and have only ever seen a couple on the road - I think the colour sums up what Beach life is all about, but it seems others dont agree - by the numbers out there, it seems Grape Yellow remains a deeply unpopular colour choice for new vans, which suits me down to the ground. It seems owners of these garish canary custard coloured wagons are few and far between, and therefore members of a fairly exclusive club - its still the only colour exclusive the Beach, and VW are now charging a premium for the option.

How many Yellow California Beach club members do we have on the forum ?. Please use this thread to post all things yellow - including the two beautiful shades out there in all the glory -

IMG_4503 (1).jpg

When ordering my Beach last year..... I was very very close to choosing Grape Yellow, but in the end went for Onyx White.... If ordering again, I would go for GY and save some cash.... It looks brilliant in the tin. I also like my white one tho, and leaves the option (more so) for a lower-half wrap for a change if the desire ever comes over me.

These guys have a yellow one, I spotted them on Instagram (not sure if they are on this forum.)

https://www.instagram.com/abeachcalledbruce/

Last edited:
I ordered an Ocean for various reasons but would have gone fir this colour if it was available.
I have an Orange SEAT Ateca that I’m now selling and never regretted having the stand out bright colour - I love it , and the Yellow Beaches

Perhaps VW marketing think by charging for a previously free but unpopular colour it will become more attractive as an option. I'm surprised it wasn't more popular when it came out given the trend for personalising T5/T6 vans.

I may well have chosen yellow too if I'd not found a pre-hatched demo first. I've only seen three on the forum, hope you can get some more brought out into the light :thumb

7160a0c640bffdda269bd15359703c7f.jpg

We also saw one at Hayling Beach in September, but I had already parked and didn't want to move again for the twin shot.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

All the above pics really look good, they do. You lot perhaps better
express that our vans are a fun vehicle with your colour of choice. Mine is silver, my favourite - but not exactly heart stopping, or the like. I wouldn’t have had the circular bits to go for a yellow Ocean, Had it been an option at the time, but I do take my hat of to you guys. I’m just not brave enough... but I secretly like it ;) Anyway, yet to see one on my travels - you’ll get a wave if I see you 1st, which let’s be honest, is probably a fair bet.

Last edited:
Love the grape yellow. Love it so much that I’ve had two of them!
Not to everyone’s taste and it’s hardly subtle but it always brings a smile to my face.View attachment 27966 Hi Dave - sadly Ive never seen a Grape yellow Cali in the flesh in my puff, just the brochure pics. If what Tim says is true, then unlikely to meet one anyway :( - I’ll keep my eye out as always. Cheers

811FBA63-3FE3-4058-8FAF-AF52D9921BCB.jpeg 8F3DE8D1-19F4-407A-9DFA-6A8FA4ADAE3C.jpeg AND ANOTHER
We didn’t go looking for yellow it just happened, but love it. It’s a great fun colour for a fun machine.
Winter or summer what a great machine.

We wanted a yellow one but they are few and far between. It will make you smile and that's what it's all about.

We are fans and happy we didn't listen to negative comments made by dealer... had our California for 8 months. Great trip to Slovenia and Croatia this summer.... roll on 2018

FullSizeRender.jpg

Grape yellow is a massive improvement on the old yellow.

I have a yellow Beach and love it.
Good man Mark - a quick tally up from the threads and banter, i reckon there are just 13 yellow beaches associated with the forum (so far) - 2 canary yellow and 11 grape yellow examples.

VW have featured the yellow colour on their advertising literature where i think it looks great on the beach with the hunky surfer types - it will be interested to know if the unpopular colour will have a negative effect on residual value - i suppose it must do

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 10.54.34.png

- it will be interested to know if the unpopular colour will have a negative effect on residual value - i suppose it must do
I doubt it, not with a camper, it´s a happy colour.
I wouldn´t buy a yellow 911 though.

Back