Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Yellow California Beach Club

I saw a grape yellow Beach in the car park of Inn on the Beach at Hayling Beach over a year ago - probably August or September 2017. Could it have been you?

I saw a grape yellow Beach in the car park of Inn on the Beach at Hayling Beach over a year ago - probably August or September 2017. Could it have been you?
I don't think it was me. However we go down to West Wittering beach a couple of times in the summer.

Spotted a grape yellow today in chaulden area of Hemel Hempstead about 4.30 pm male driver, anyone on here ?

I love that colour, I wanted GY, but got vetoed by the OH.

Spotted a grape yellow today in chaulden area of Hemel Hempstead about 4.30 pm male driver, anyone on here ?

I love that colour, I wanted GY, but got vetoed by the OH.
I was also vetoed, but went ahead anyway, and the OH loves it now. Funny, we get quite a few random comments, eg from petrol station attendants, that they love the colour!

Last edited:
Nice topic and vans - I was in the 'Custard Club' for a short while - whether 'mustard' or 'custard' it's the best Beach colour by far!

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/ive-joined-the-custard-club.14703/

img_4302-jpg.16080
What were you doing at the Trümmelbachfälle?

No. Rally?
When were you there?

I was not really sure it was there, but it reminded me very to that place.

Ahh, apologies - forgot the place was not mentioned. Yes, it was on a summer trip in 2016. My wife and I first visited the falls in 1995 and we went back with the kids in 2016. :)

The Lauterbrunnental is a very wonderful place to visit.
Especially the end of the valley, behind Stechelberg. Up to 1995 it was very rare that you came across other hikers. The last time in 2015 there were already some more hikers. Not that you had to queue.

I mostly stay on Camping Breithorn, run by the sisters Von Almen.

Sunny Yellow (it think) 2014 model..... For us - it was the only choice of standard colours. Here is is far from home...

yellow.jpg

just back from a 5 week 4300 mile trip around north (green) Spain coast, down the atlantic coast to Lisbon and back via Salamanca and Picos mountains - beautiful places to explore and camp up - we found some truly spectacular places to camp overnight have included a few pics - one spot i needed a bit of camouflage to lessen the yellow impact - all good fun IMG_4672.jpgIMG_4304.jpgIMG_4298.jpgIMG_4166.jpgIMG_3977.jpgIMG_3917.jpgIMG_3789.jpg

I know of only 5 or so Yellow California Beaches on the forum and have only ever seen a couple on the road - I think the colour sums up what Beach life is all about, but it seems others dont agree - by the numbers out there, it seems Grape Yellow remains a deeply unpopular colour choice for new vans, which suits me down to the ground. It seems owners of these garish canary custard coloured wagons are few and far between, and therefore members of a fairly exclusive club - its still the only colour exclusive the Beach, and VW are now charging a premium for the option.

How many Yellow California Beach club members do we have on the forum ?. Please use this thread to post all things yellow - including the two beautiful shades out there in all the glory -

View attachment 27960
That is a really nice picture.

Few days away in Bath Salcombe Mevagissey and Fowey - wild street camping without issues. We love getting the best spots not even available to 5 star hotels - usually close to the water edge

View attachment 55650

Salcombe.
I’ve parked in the exact same spot before.
Wing mirrors folded...;)

Back