Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Yellow California Beach Club

Not loving lockdown restrictions - but little respite fun in the woods for mind and soul IMG_2184.jpgIMG_2201.jpg

Nice, what frame is that? - Awesome to see keeping it real and fully rigid (curved blades as well!). Reminiscent of my old Grifter or Haro (Torker) Freestyler.

Nice, what frame is that? - Awesome to see keeping it real and fully rigid (curved blades as well!). Reminiscent of my old Grifter or Haro (Torker) Freestyler.
Oh another old BMX’er... you still got the Haro?

Still got my TA from 1984.

Attachments

• 580488DB-DB2C-4699-A3F1-73D4E7E04A17.jpeg
    580488DB-DB2C-4699-A3F1-73D4E7E04A17.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 27
Sadly not - kept it for 30 + years but sold it as a survivor. See you're in Essex - an old ROM boy? We lived for ROM BITD.

bmx5.jpg

bmx15.jpg

ta3.jpg

Sadly not - kept it for 30 + years but sold it as a survivor. See you're in Essex - an old ROM boy? We lived for ROM BITD.

bmx5.jpg

bmx15.jpg

ta3.jpg
Nice! Bet that sold for a few quid! Yeah, used to go to Rom quite a bit, but we had a half pipe in Ashingdon for a couple of years from 87 - 89 so then spent most of our time local.

I’m running a similar single Tuff arrangement on my Street Beat at the moment!

05AC0529-6638-42B0-AA27-289CEFDD6EE1.jpeg

Ahh, well it did not go for that much as it was a bit knackered and we did not have the insane old school prices of the last few years. I was around a bit earlier though '79 to '83.

Its a Stooge Scrambler - check out Stooge - British bikes built for fun

Lovely. Now make Amarillo turn Verde. What’s the spec?
Sorry really late reply but it’s basically got most extras that were available at the time (over £11k options) except for heated front seats which I find odd …. Expensive to retrofit using OE parts I believe so will do without

Sorry really late reply but it’s basically got most extras that were available at the time (over £11k options) except for heated front seats which I find odd …. Expensive to retrofit using OE parts I believe so will do without

Haha. We too have a high spec without the heated front seats. Most other main options except we stuck with the uncomfortable dash (which we prefer) to the comfortable dash.

I’ve never had heated front seats: back in the 80s dad had a Mercedes with heated seats and said that the first time he used them it felt like he’d farted and followed through. The thought still puts me off them, but perhaps that feeling has improved.

Sounds awesome! For the heated seats, if it's cloth interior then not as useful as with leather

Sounds awesome! For the heated seats, if it's cloth interior then not as useful as with leather
Agree on the actual need for heated cloth seats, I just don’t understand as original owner was spending so much on options why you wouldn’t just tick the box for a few hundred quid extra… quoted 1800 to retrofit using genuine parts! I will do without

Haha. We too have a high spec without the heated front seats. Most other main options except we stuck with the uncomfortable dash (which we prefer) to the comfortable dash.

I’ve never had heated front seats: back in the 80s dad had a Mercedes with heated seats and said that the first time he used them it felt like he’d farted and followed through. The thought still puts me off them, but perhaps that feeling has improved.
No option of comfortable dashboard on T5.1 just the standard van dashboard which is fine as it is practical if nothing else … guessing you have the grape yellow T6? (what I really wanted but couldn’t stretch to)

Agree on the actual need for heated cloth seats, I just don’t understand as original owner was spending so much on options why you wouldn’t just tick the box for a few hundred quid extra… quoted 1800 to retrofit using genuine parts! I will do without
Well, I have done similar myself in the past, you get to a certain amount, then add more and more, then slam on the brakes and say no more!!

And hey as a new customer you are paying a lot to have it just as you want it.

Thing is you start with adding what you want, then the dealer says add a few popular things to make it easier to sell, then you add a few more because it's expensive to add afterwards. If you're not careful you've added a fair few grand for stuff you don't even want!

For the Cali (new order submitted last month) we went back and added electric memory seat for the driver, which meant we had to take the art velour seats, and then heated seats were included in the bundle. Otherwise I wouldn't have specced them.

Just back from 3 weeks wild camping along the Wild Atlantic Way Galway, Connemara Donegal and Antrim - we only went because Boris thwarted our France plans. But have to say if you love just pitching up, isolated beach, white sand and blue water - IMG_5676.jpgIMG_5610.jpgIMG_5587.jpgIMG_5527.jpgIMG_5177.jpgand cooking on a fire its a pretty good spot

Just back from 3 weeks wild camping along the Wild Atlantic Way Galway, Connemara Donegal and Antrim - we only went because Boris thwarted our France plans. But have to say if you love just pitching up, isolated beach, white sand and blue water - View attachment 83320View attachment 83321View attachment 83322View attachment 83323View attachment 83324and cooking on a fire its a pretty good spot

Ooops! Amarillo has just turned green with envy. I would love to do that!

Back