Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Adding a slide out drawer in the beach.

Robo, I was going to do the same. However the cost of the slides put me off.
On the plus side, only have one slide maximises space across the rear platform.

Show us some pics of your finished rack.
Be good to see:thumb
Robo, I was going to do the same. However the cost of the slides put me off.
On the plus side, only have one slide maximises space across the rear platform.

Show us some pics of your finished rack.
Be good to see:thumb

I must admit I'm not 100% convinced on the two so planning to build a full width frame with a T section down the middle & try out having just the one slider on the right for a cooking pod & see how I get on.

I have this idea in my head from a pull out cooker I had in my old camper which worked really well for how we camp, it was basic but worked...

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

Had this idea in my head since I bought the Cali & after searching for an off the shelf option I've decided none of them are what I want so I shall have to make do with my own basic DIY skills...

That design looks just the job... I’m going to build a slightly smaller width version As I have cabinets at the side. What lock down fixings did you use in conjunction with the van floor rails?

Has anyone bought one of these slideout draws:
http://www.california-camping.de/t5...-dreierbank.html?___store=en&___from_store=en
I’m guessing that they must be pretty good as they are always sold out.
I want to use it to store my Waeco CF40 fridge which is 445mm high, I realise it will be a tight fit, but if anyone has one fitted I would be very grateful if they would measure the clearance between the draw and the multiflex board bar mechanism of the front folding shelf.
Also, are they any good?

I posted similar elsewhere but this thread is also relevant... I found some good value heavy duty draw slides from a company in germany - has anyone tried these ones? I think 130kg is plenty for my needs

www.teleskopschienen24.de/schwerlastauszuege-bis-130-kg-mit-verriegelung/

Example prices

600mm are 69 euros a pair
1000mm are 90 euros a pair

Seems like an opportunity to save some money in comparison to the gsf ones (does anyone need them rated to 250kg?)

Do they lock in and out...?

Back