* Venue Change *Yorkshire Meet - 16th March 2014

Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
IMPORTANT: CHANGE OF VENUE

Location The Cavendish Arms, 1 Skipton Road, Embsay, Skipton, N. Yorks, BD23 6QT
Organiser Greyplague
Date/Time Sunday March 16th 2014 / Afternoon
Website http://www.embsayboltonabbeyrailway.org.uk/map.html

A big thank you to Geoff (Greyplague) for arranging this meet in Yorkshire,it looks like a really nice location, we now have FIVE meets on ONE day :clap

If people just post on this thread if they are interested in attending.

I will leave Geoff to fill you all in with further details on the meet.

Re: Yorkshire Meet - 16th March 2014

Thanks Martin all being well we will be there Alan & Yvonne

Will stick it in the calendar and hopefully represent the Beach massive. Who needs a kitchen when you're parked by a pub :lol:

Matt

Good location. Nice run out for me so I'll more than likely attend (and stick out in the high top)!

I'm mildly surprised at the quick response! How many Cali owners have we actually got in easy reach of Skipton? It will be great to see all those who can come - I was beginning to think that Mrs. Greyplague and I were a 'minority religion' in these parts.

For more info on the venue:
it's easy to find - Google maps has it identified on the map, just 50 yards from the Skipton bypass. Just search for Craven Heifer Inn, Grassington Road, Skipton. Then look at it on Streetview and you'll see their motorhome stopover parking area with 2 vans on - at the right-hand end of the pub. The park will hold a quite a few vans, probably more than we'll get, as it's actually closed to overnight camping until Easter.

The pub opens at 11-00am so I would suggest 12-00 for an arrival time, although anyone wanting lunch (they do a carvery on Sundays, as well as bar meals) may want to arrive a little earlier to make sure of grabbing a table. Their website is quite extensive and gives a lot of info about what there is to see and do in the area, as well as a map for how to find it. For satnav users, the postcode is BD23 3LA, which pinpoints a location about half a mile away - after the pub when travelling from the Skipton bypass.

Looking forward to seeing you all - I'll be there before 12-00 to greet you.
PM me for any further help - but treat me and my elderly T4 gently: this is a first for us!
Geoff

Hi guys
At last, something in this area! I will try to be there. I may try to persuade friends from the dark side of the Pennines to come too!

Bleur fleur said:
Hi guys
At last, something in this area! I will try to be there. I may try to persuade friends from the dark side of the Pennines to come too!

Thanks for that. Friends from the 'cobbled' side of the Pennines will be most welcome.

I will look forward to the meet as it is just up the road from me in Burnley. Hughie

HUGHIE said:
I will look forward to the meet as it is just up the road from me in Burnley. Hughie

Good to hear from you Hughie :thumb

See you there.

We'll be there - nice and handy for us in Kendal.

Ian and Clare

Ian & Clare,

I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Yorks meet in Skipton. Let's hope for a better day than today.

Sounds good to me and it's the first meet we'll have attended.

:goodone

Its a great idea and hope the first of many,although we would have loved to meet you all,a pre arranged skiing holiday during that weekend means we can't make it,even worst we live 2 miles away from The Craven Heifer,hopefully will make the next one.

Sorry you can't make it. Skiing? Why not buy a boat and stay home!

Didn't know we had a Cali owner so near - I'm only in Grassington. Fancy a pint and a natter at the Heifer before March 16? Drop me a PM sometime of you fancy it.

Hi thanks for that but " mid life crisis" ended when the motorbike went whether I could sneak a boat into the garage is another thing!!,yes a pint seems a good plan we tend to visit the fountain at Linton which isn't too far for you but that's just one pub in a area of many , I'm in Plymouth next Sunday for about 10 days,so could organise something after that.Bye for now,Rgs Les

Will try and make this if we can, located in Knaresborough, Cali 4 motion since 2008, have a look at our little local vw club, google HDVW we have been around a fair while

Derek

Hi Derek,

Look forward to seeing you there if you can make it.
No more Calis at HDVW - the more the merrier!

Ha ha, the only Cali in town in my case!!!

Mostly air cooled....have a look at our site and my wife's beetle cabriolet....Junes karman cab resto.....now that is a vw

Just so that Derek can see the beetle (and splitty) we had for just one day - here's a photo
For all the the other Yorks Meet visitors - this is us! See you there.

[album]1288[/album]

That's a great picture and you both look very happy...getting married and with such great vw's

Years ago that could have been our stable!!! In our case we had, for many years a 53 RHD double door 23 window samba, that's what bought our Cali!!!

The Karman Cab was a 4 year resto journey.....

See you in March

OK. Finally sorted things out so we should be there. Travelling from Penrith

Bob. :thumb

HistoryBob said:
OK. Finally sorted things out so we should be there. Travelling from Penrith

Bob. :thumb

Looking forward to meeting you Bob. See you there.

THIS IS THE NEW VENUE!
Regrettably, and at very short notice, the Craven Heifer manager emailed me late on Thursday night and declined to host us for the Yorkshire Meet. To say I am disappointed (and not a little annoyed) is an understatement, especially as this is my first attempt at organising a meeting. Their excuse was simply that "Sundays are not very good for us," despite the fact that our arrangement was welcomed when I initially arranged it in January. I thought pubs were having a tough time: obviously not!

However… a new venue has been found just 3 miles away, at Embsay village. It's another pub with a large car park, next door to the Embsay & Bolton Abbey Steam Railway, whose website says that steam trains will be running that day.

Details of the pub are:
The Cavendish Arms, 1 Skipton Road, Embsay, Skipton, N. Yorks, BD23 6QT.
They do not have a website, but if you go to http://www.embsayboltonabbeyrailway.org.uk/map.html
you'll find full information about the railway and a Google map of how to find it. Very conveniently, the pub is right next to the railway station (the Google map shows the pub).
Note that approaching Embsay via the B6265 and Brackenley Lane is probably the easiest way to get there. The lane can be found on the right immediately after the Craven Heifer when travelling north on the B6265 i.e.going away from Skipton bypass. Otherwise, just follow the 'Embsay Steam Railway' signs from the bypass.
Brackenley Lane is sign-posted where it joins the B6265, so is easy to find: it is mainly single track with a few passing places, and should not present any problem for your vans (we travelled it today just to check). Simply drive the full length of the lane, turn left when you reach the main road in Embsay village and the pub is on the right after about 50 metres, just before the Railway Station entrance.
Hot food will be available at lunch time - if you feel the need to book, please ring Owen on 01756 793980. Google has 2 reviews for their food - both very good!

I can only apologise for this late change, even though it is not of my making. Be assured that I have replied and complained to the Craven Heifer, using the strongest terms at my disposal!

It would be helpful if those who are coming would let me know that they have received this update, either by PM, by posting on the 'meet' page or if necessary I can be contacted at any time on 07791 360 240.

Babs and I are looking forward to seeing you all. We'll be there at approx. 12-30pm.

Hi, Iam hoping to come and see you at Skipton. F :clap irst time out with cali looking forward to meeting cali owners.

Back