Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

* Venue Change *Yorkshire Meet - 16th March 2014

Stevyn71 said:
Hi, Iam hoping to come and see you at Skipton. F :clap irst time out with cali looking forward to meeting cali owners.

Welcome!
Hope you can make it - looking forward to seeing you.

Yup we're coming - our first Cali meet too - I'm hoping there might be some owners there who have upgraded their audio and would let me have a listen (I'm not bothered about sat nav being an iphone/tomtom fan)

Cheers Ian and Clare

Oh yes. Seen and noted. Looking forward to it.

We'll be there. Is there a start time?
Liz & Dave
East Morton

JDWB said:
We'll be there. Is there a start time?
Liz & Dave
East Morton
I originally suggested 1-00pm, but we'll be there before that, probaby about 12-30.

Hope that's OK for everyone, but just turn up when it suits you.

Hi all hope you enjoy the meeting on sunday sorry but won't be able to make it as our grand child's birthday party has been rearranged for that day aleve

aleve said:
Hi all hope you enjoy the meeting on sunday sorry but won't be able to make it as our grand child's birthday party has been rearranged for that day aleve
Sorry to hear that - have a great time at the party :bananadance :upsidedown :shocked :help
Looking forward to meeting all the others.

Ayup,

We live Norwood way and would love to come along (mere stones throw).
Only got the Cali last weekend so this would be great opportunity to meet more experienced owners...few tips for noobs.

Do you know if dogs are allowed ?

Cheers

Dan and Lisa

DirkSquareJaw said:
Ayup,

We live Norwood way and would love to come along (mere stones throw).
Only got the Cali last weekend so this would be great opportunity to meet more experienced owners...few tips for noobs.

Do you know if dogs are allowed ?

Cheers

Dan and Lisa

Hi,
Should be no problem with the dog, there's bags of space - and the pub landlord has a collie.
Norwood… Beverley or Accrington?
Looking forward to seeing you.

We are very interested in purchasing a California and would love to attend and chat to some experienced user.

Adrian

adrian54 said:
We are very interested in purchasing a California and would love to attend and chat to some experienced user.

Adrian
No problem Adrian - just turn up. If there's one thing that California owners like doing it's talking about their Californias!
See you there,
Geoff

OK everybody - all ready to go at the Cavendish Arms?

Those confirmed are:
Greyplague (that's us)
Ma77sc
T4WFA
IanE
stevyn71
JDWBn
Dirksquarejaw
Hughie
historybob
Adrian 54
- not got a Cali yet and wants to talk to owners
and jamiek at the last minute

Looking forward to meeting you all - see you there,

Geoff & Babs

Think we may take a road trip along from Whitley Bay, weather looks nice for a little jolly, shame the van needs a good clean. First time we'll have done a meet so please be gentle lol. Hope fully see you there this afternoon :D

Yeah thanks to everyone today. I'd guess therevwere around ten or so vans here today. Not sure of all your names however there was a nice atmosphere & I would consider doing it again.
A quick mention to hughie with the Irish links, nice chatting to you. :hello

Martin said:
How many did you end up with in Yorkshire?

Hi Martin,
We got 13 in all, which includes my son in his T5 'non-Cali', so we almost filled the car park! Most arrived early (thank-you). We got the coldest, greyest, dampest day imaginable (while the rest of UK was bathed in sunshine, apparently), so there was very little sitting round the vans and chatting - more sitting round in the pub with a pint and a snack lunch: we did get a room to ourselves though.
What a nice crowd we got - from 'oldies' (me) to kiddies. Everyone seemed happy with the venue, which the landlord told us is listed on one of the 'motorhome stopover' websites (not sure which one). He was more than happy to have our custom and really looked after us, which was quite a relief as you can imagine. I have no problem in recommending this to anyone who fancies a night's stop there.
Both the the 'new' and prospective owners were pleased to meet us and many questions were asked. Our 1992 T4 was much more popular than I thought it would be.
One thing that came across above all else was the 'community spirit' - everyone mentioned it at least once! My apologies to those who I didn't get have a proper chat with - it did get a little hectic at times as groups formed to talk about specific subjects.
We wrapped it all up not much after 3-15 as it was bitterly cold by then, but I have made a 'half-promise' to do it again later in the year, probably for a weekend meet. I'll give it some thought, talk to a few local campsite owners and see what we can arrange, probably September-ish. No doubt some of our paths may cross before then. In the meantime, anyone fancying a trip to Upper Wharfedale need only send me a message - I can provide useful info on campsites, where to go, what to see, etc.
So, thanks to all who made the journey on such a poor day weather-wise - I feel sure that you all thought it worthwhile. The photo shows a small group of those who attended - unfortunately we couldn't actually all get close together.
image.php

I hope all the other local meets went well - count ours as a definite success. We'll definitely so something similar in future.

It's now 9-15 pm - I've only just got warm again :oops: . Don't think we'll be sleeping in the van tonight :shocked.

Cheers!
Geoff & Babs

Thanks for organising the event Greyplague. Really enjoyed it. Sorry we had to leave a little early as I'd organised a group of friends to help me move some heavy items from my house which has to be emptied prior to renting it out.

Great meet up this afternoon in Yorkshire, thoroughly enjoyed our first time. Lovely people and picked up some handy tips :)

Peter - here's the link we talked about for those guides when visiting Scotland. We used one last year and found it very useful: http://www.secret-scotland.com/Content/ ... tours.html

Julie & Jamie

Thanks Julie and Jamie for the link. Looks just what I need!

Nice to meet everyone yesterday.

jamiek said:
Great meet up this afternoon in Yorkshire, thoroughly enjoyed our first time. Lovely people and picked up some handy tips :)

Peter - here's the link we talked about for those guides when visiting Scotland. We used one last year and found it very useful: http://www.secret-scotland.com/Content/ ... tours.html

Julie & Jamie
Jamie it's not clear from the secret Scotland web site. Do they have any recommendations for camper van stop overs or is it just B&Bs type stuff?
Bob

Back