Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Any stockists for a Beach?

• Thread starter Zoetheyogateacher
  • Start date
Z

Zoetheyogateacher

Vehicle
Looking to buy
So, we went to look at a brand new Beach Camper last weekend. The waiting time is lengthy. Does anyone know of any other stockists?

Just for sanity check - would you guys wait for new or buy second hand? For second hand the prices are high at the mo (even for cars, it seems) but you get one NOW. But if you could wait - would you? I'm undecided.

So, we went to look at a brand new Beach Camper last weekend. The waiting time is lengthy. Does anyone know of any other stockists?

Just for sanity check - would you guys wait for new or buy second hand? For second hand the prices are high at the mo (even for cars, it seems) but you get one NOW. But if you could wait - would you? I'm undecided.

We waited a year for our 2017 Beach. It was worth the wait.

We ordered ours beginning of September and are struggling with waiting!! We are looking out for a similar spec second hand one though and will cancel our order if necessary.

We ordered ours beginning of September and are struggling with waiting!! We are looking out for a similar spec second hand one though and will cancel our order if necessary.
Did the dealer tell you how long the wait is likely to be? Reading other threads, you may well have 11 more months of waiting - we waited 8 months for our Ocean.

Just for sanity check - would you guys wait for new or buy second hand? For second hand the prices are high at the mo (even for cars, it seems) but you get one NOW. But if you could wait - would you? I'm

Check model spec as pre 6.1 may be very different to a new model.

Did the dealer tell you how long the wait is likely to be? Reading other threads, you may well have 11 more months of waiting - we waited 8 months for our Ocean.
Dealer said 10-12 months. If we’re lucky will have by summer hols but on order form it says end of August!

I do know that SMG Tonbridge will be getting a 2nd hand Beach Camper in very soon..

I so don't know what to do. I think we'll end up waiting. Blooming electronics!!

Ordered March 2016, delivered March 2017.
That wasn't because of waiting times though was it? It was you buying a demonstrator secondhand & it couldn't be released until then.

I so don't know what to do. I think we'll end up waiting. Blooming electronics!!
You'll save a lot of money by waiting. If you don't need one now, I'd order one through an online broker and take your family on a super holiday with the saving while you wait.

Imagine the places you could go with a budget of 7k?

Hereford have a nice silver brand new beach camper in silver £67k ish, just seen it on eBay

Is the beach to replace another vehicle? If so the current very high trade in / we buyanycar prices offsets the current higher price on a secondhand purchase.

That wasn't because of waiting times though was it? It was you buying a demonstrator secondhand & it couldn't be released until then.

No. Our van was never used as a demonstrator. It was pre-registered, but spec’d to our requirements. We took delivery of it the same day it was registered to the garage, and it was reregistered to our address three months later.

We exchanged a bigger discount for a long wait and the dealer used our van to fulfil sales quotas.

We had agreed that the dealer could use it as a road demonstrator for up to three months or up to 3000 miles before delivery, but also had a longstop date of March 2017 for delivery, and it was this longstop date that the dealer chose to fulfil.

Just out of interest why did you sell your beach camper?
Several different factors really. We started building a house a while back, we intend on having a hotel holiday next year so can’t see it being used much for camping and we sold it back at a profit. We will see how we get on without it but have ordered another one just incase we miss it too much tho!