Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

ARE PRICES DUE TO CRASH? No.​

Have Porsche 991 prices crashed - YES
Ive been tracking prices of a particular model, there appears to be about a £25k / 20% drop in the asking price in the last 3 months.
Reduced future values & interest rates on finance trebling mean that if you want one on finance the total cost has increased significantly whether thats on PCP or HP.
As a cash buyer it could be good news.

Last edited:
Put ours on Motorway last week again and got nowhere near the estimate they were suggesting, dealers were offering about £12k below, also WBAC is steadily going down week on week. There is basically just way too much stock out there, unless that changes prices will naturally fall

ARE PRICES DUE TO CRASH? No.​

To @blakeley and @Kirk, the word "crash" implies that the residual value of each and every VW California will drop to a point where they will be worthless. Do you really believe that is even remotely likely?

Prices may dip but they will not "crash".

Last edited:
To @blakeley and @Kirk, the word crash implies that the residual value of each and every VW California will drop to a point where they will be worth less. Do you really believe that is even remotely likely.

Prices may dip but they will not "crash".

Borris
Do you mean worth less ? in which case they have already crashed.
Or worthless, ie worth nothing, in which case that will never happen.
That space is important!

I take crash to mean a sudden substantial drop.

Borris
That space is important!

Agree on this - interesting to see the dealer post a brand new order that was not picked up on the FB group today. Not the wild 85 to 90's of 6 months ago and more like a list of 77, still more than you pay from ordering which will be up to 9% less than list, but if you must have it now, a "crash" of sorts.

Ive been tracking prices of a particular model, there appears to be about a £25k / 20% drop in the asking price in the last 3 months.
Reduced future values & interest rates on finance trebling mean that if you want one on finance the total cost has increased significantly whether thats on PCP or HP.
I agree, if their prices are going to "crash", you should be able to pick one up without putting your hand in your pocket.

Put ours on Motorway last week again and got nowhere near the estimate they were suggesting, dealers were offering about £12k below, also WBAC is steadily going down week on week. There is basically just way too much stock out there, unless that changes prices will naturally fall
The real test will be Easter next year, Calis have always gone down in value from September month on month until spring when they bounce back up when demand picks up again.
Whether they do go up again next year is the real indicator.

Last edited:
Borris
That space is important!

Sorry my mistake. I meant to type worthless. That will teach me to check what I have written before posting.

The point I was trying to make is that in my mind and in this context, the word "crash", used in the title of this thread, implies that something has not just reduced in value but has dropped to rock bottom. If something is worthless then that something has no worth. And I agree, in the case of the California and for that matter, the 911, that will never happen.

Last edited:
Why don’t those who care so much about residuals panic sell now?

I am moving house, onto a much higher mortgage interest rate. Things will be tight for the next couple of years. I own my Cali outright and will I sell it? No. I will be using it for my holidays and weekends away next year, saving a couple of £K’s by avoiding package and beach holidays.

I don’t particularly care if it drops in value, because it’s a leisure of love and brings me a much needed escape as and when required. For example, just last weekend we went to Whitby, stayed in a pub car park for a night and it was great - didn’t cost me a penny, other than fuel. How else are you able to do that comfortably?

I feel that those who panic about values just don’t get that same enjoyment from their bus… fair enough, it’s not for everyone.

In that case, why not sell up if you’re that bothered? Because prices will likely drop, at least in the short to medium term, just like most leisure spends…

I saw a nice 2018 GTS for sale on Saturday. £80k
Ticked all the boxes, but wonder if there’s room for more falls…
Porsche PCPs are some thing like 10.5%. Getting very expensive to buy new from them, if you need the Porka finance.

I saw a nice 2018 GTS for sale on Saturday. £80k
Ticked all the boxes, but wonder if there’s room for more falls…
Porsche PCPs are some thing like 10.5%. Getting very expensive to buy new from them, if you need the Porka finance.
I've just checked, the car I was half interested in has dropped to £77k today, when I first looked in September it was at £110k & interest rate was 3.9% its now 10.6%
Theres another similar car now at £80k that was £105k interest rate on that is 11.82%

Anyway the cars the cheap bit, its the resulting divorce that I can't afford.

Last edited:
In a fluctuating car market, the only time you lose money on your car is when you sell it. If you keep your car for 5 years or more things tend to even out.

Daughter is buying a VW car from a local dealership. Part of the price make up is £30 for an estimated quantity of petrol in the tank !! Times have changed - no full tank and a bunch of flowers these days :(

EDIT - OK let’s name and shame - Vertu VW in West Bridgford Nottingham!

Daughter is buying a VW car from a local dealership. Part of the price make up is £30 for an estimated quantity of petrol in the tank !! Times have changed - no full tank and a bunch of flowers these days :(

EDIT - OK let’s name and shame - Vertu VW in West Bridgford Nottingham!
£30 of fuel should just be enough to get her off the dealers forecourt !

Back