Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

Has VW just increased the list rice for the Ocean? I'm seeing a base price on DtD now of 76172. With the 13% discount its 66120, so 3K more than a couple of days ago.
The last Brochure I downloaded is dated 1st January 2023 & has £76,162 as the basic price so I can't see that anything has changed.

In October 2020 it was £66,643 for comparison.

The last Brochure I downloaded is dated 1st January 2023 & has £76,162 as the basic price so I can't see that anything has changed.

In October 2020 it was £66,643 for comparison.
I was just going by 2Haw's post #731 which I assumed was a screenshot from this week given the new 13% discount

Has VW just increased the list rice for the Ocean? I'm seeing a base price on DtD now of 76172. With the 13% discount its 66120, so 3K more than a couple of days ago.
I hope not as we don't collect our Ocean for another few weeks, it's currently at port.

I don't fancy having to fork out another £3k

Thats the correct figure for a 150 , £72,980 less 13% = £63,492.60
204 is £76,162 less 13% = £66,260.94

We just ordered a brand new Cali with Breeze matching the DTD discount. It was a no brainer when you look at second hand prices as we can order the exact spec we want and have it before summer holidays. Secondhand prices seem extremely steep (wishful thinking?) compared to what a new one costs at the moment.

Any advantages going with dealer over dtd…?
I’m going to order new, just waiting to hear final details of the Surf model.

I bought through Autoebid. Good experience and got a great handover from the dealer. Only issue was I had to travel further but that didn’t bother me as I was willing to go to Breeze Poole but they couldn’t match the deal I got at the time.

We bought our Cali & my recent VW Troc through DTD both main dealers. Eurovans Crawley & JCB Gillingham ( both part of the same group). Both sell large numbers of California & VW cars. Once DTD have taken your order they pass it onto the dealer.
Huge discounts .
Very good handover . We did have to travel miles.

Watching the prices of the cali for sale on forum.
We have had quotes from online buyers & one main dealer from our Cali. The main dealer is offering a lot less.

If you go direct to the dealer, hopefully they could improve by £200 or so as they don’t have to pass on any commission to DtD!

I hope not as we don't collect our Ocean for another few weeks, it's currently at port.

I don't fancy having to fork out another £3k
You should have a secured deal at time of order

If you’re thinking of ordering soon, it maybe worth waiting to April to see what the new QTR deals VW release.

It’s a real gamble but if sales have dropped off and waiting times reduced, maybe VW may increase the Finance deposit contribution!

On the flip side, VW may introduce a price increase & reduce the contribution!

Last edited:
If you’re thinking of ordering soon, it maybe worth waiting to April to see what the new QTR deals VW release.

It’s a real gamble but if sales have dropped off and waiting times reduced, maybe VW may increase the Finance deposit contribution!

On the flip side, VW may introduce a price increase & reduce the contribution!

We thought about stuff last night. 90% certain on going for a well specced Surf/Coast.
We thought about another Beach, but started to think about all the stuff that annoyed us camping with the Beach and how much easier it was with an Ocean.
The 5 seat Beach would be nice, but we rarely need that extra seat.

We thought about stuff last night. 90% certain on going for a well specced Surf/Coast.
We thought about another Beach, but started to think about all the stuff that annoyed us camping with the Beach and how much easier it was with an Ocean.
The 5 seat Beach would be nice, but we rarely need that extra seat.
The decision between the Surf and Ocean will all come down to whether the Parking Heater is standard. If it’s not, to me the Ocean is the better bet.

Awning, 17” Wheels, Privacy and no doubt a few other bits all standard.

The decision between the Surf and Ocean will all come down to whether the Parking Heater is standard. If it’s not, to me the Ocean is the better bet.

Awning, 17” Wheels, Privacy and no doubt a few other bits all standard.

I’m one of those backward types that wants a manual roof and analog dials.
I can after-market a lot of stuff, just not rear aircon, so that will be a deal breaker.

The California as we know it, is coming to an end. I want plain and simple as it will be a longterm van for us… :thumb

It wasn't an option, VW said they couldn't guarantee a price due to length of delivery time
Most companies are doing that now. Sucks for sure. But delivery times are exceedingly quick currently unless you want something special like 2 tone paint, 4Mo etc. I wouldn't worry at the present time.

It wasn't an option, VW said they couldn't guarantee a price due to length of delivery time
Has the dealer informed you of a price increase by way of a formal communication advising the price increase to your order (order variation) as they became aware of the variation at any time during your long wait ?
They can’t simply say here is your vehicle now pay a different amount to the agreed order value, unless they have formally advised you of the price variation(s) at the time the price was varied By VW.
I.e when VW changed the price & advised the dealer.
If the dealer has not advised you of a variation to your order (at the time the variation happened) they cannot claim to have honoured their side of the contract and similarly they cannot claim a variable price increase from the agreed order Value.
simply put the dealer has Zero risk and you (the customer) burdens the whole risk, which is an unfair contract, unless the dealer has complied with the variation notification To yourself when it happened.

Has the dealer informed you of a price increase by way of a formal communication advising the price increase to your order (order variation) as they became aware of the variation at any time during your long wait ?
They can’t simply say here is your vehicle now pay a different amount to the agreed order value, unless they have formally advised you of the price variation(s) at the time the price was varied By VW.
I.e when VW changed the price & advised the dealer.
If the dealer has not advised you of a variation to your order (at the time the variation happened) they cannot claim to have honoured their side of the contract and similarly they cannot claim a variable price increase from the agreed order Value.
simply put the dealer has Zero risk and you (the customer) burdens the whole risk, which is an unfair contract, unless the dealer has complied with the variation notification To yourself when it happened.
Have a read of this thread fully

you can mitigate some of the potential issues by ensuring the dealer either had or has not complied with their side of the contract !

Alternatively when placing an order strike through the relevant section and agree a fixed price deal or find another dealer who will take some of the appropriate risk vs revenue!

Back