Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

All very interesting reading. I guess it now begs the question; why wouldn't you buy new if you can get a new Cali for marginally more (and it really is as alluded above) than one that's several years old?

All very interesting reading. I guess it now begs the question; why wouldn't you buy new if you can get a new Cali for marginally more (and it really is as alluded above) than one that's several years old?
Well if you want 4 Motion your only option now is to buy used or a new, previously ordered Cali. I don't think sellers of FWD version got the memo that delivery times are drastically shorter. 2-3 months lead time vs 12+ months. Any buyers, having done their homework and due diligence, will know this.

Lead time on ocean is may build see it end of June July. But we have seen oceans built in two months and in the uk ready for delivery. Exceptionally quick lead time at the moment.
Cheers Tom. Your advice on here is much appreciated.

Are Beaches the same??

Cheers Tom. Your advice on here is much appreciated.

Are Beaches the same??
Beaches are very dependent on factory options, so if you add certain options it can add a significant delay to the build.

Absolutely.
2019 beaches only £6.5k cheaper than brand new…
Yep, better off with a new one. Upgrade the warranty and it’s 5 years of no cost motoring. Against out of warranty vehicles.
It’s a no brainer.
I think some of the used vans missed the boat. About 6 months too late.

Absolutely.
2019 beaches only £6.5k cheaper than brand new…
Yep, better off with a new one. Upgrade the warranty and it’s 5 years of no cost motoring. Against out of warranty vehicles.
It’s a no brainer.
I think some of the used peeps missed the boat and still think it’s worth the high prices they are asking for…
Agreed. If I was a seller now I would wait until the books close on new Cali orders, which based on VW will only be a couple more months. Then I see prices heading upwards again and it being more of a sellers market, especially if Ford are making the next Cali.
But the heady days of 100K+ Cali's is long gone.

I am quietly optimistic about the Ford/Vw partnership.
I have a Transit connect for work and really like it.

Its interesting, as to me the new Cali is not too disimilar to my 2015 model and as such I find it hard to spend the cash without a significant upgrade in the vehicle's architecture. Wallet is firmly closed

Agreed. If I was a seller now I would wait until the books close on new Cali orders, which based on VW will only be a couple more months. Then I see prices heading upwards again and it being more of a sellers market, especially if Ford are making the next Cali.
I think that the VW version of the Transit will be available to order later this year and on the road early / mid next.
I can’t see the Camper (whatever they decide) following through a year to 18 months later ( mid 2025 at the earliest)

So I suspect they will continue to sell the California at least until the end of the year.

All guesstimating!

I think that the VW version of the Transit will be available to order later this year and on the road early / mid next.
I can’t see the Camper (whatever they decide) following through a year to 18 months later ( mid 2025 at the earliest)

So I suspect they will continue to sell the California at least until the end of the year.

All guesstimating!
The German Motoring Press have said VW will have enough Cali orders to fill the books by June this year. After that VW will just fulfill those orders and all T6.1 production will cease mid summer 2024 (due to new emissions standards being introduced). I would not be planning an order past the summer, and given recent history there will be no warning when the books finally close.

I think if the order books close and somebody desperately wants a newish 4M, fully loaded with diff lock, I reckon prices will reach that peak again. ;)

I think if the order books close and somebody desperately wants a newish 4M, fully loaded with diff lock, I reckon prices will reach that peak again. ;)

Or wait for the new van.
Let’s face it.
The T platform has changed little over 15 years.
Maybe it’s time to move on…

Hybrid / straight 6 with a 8speed ZF box on air suspension and a few hundred mm more on the wheelbase will have me reaching for my piggy bank...... and better front seats,

We are thinking of selling our Cali. Now seems the best time to sell .
But we are away at the moment for a last trip in Seatown. Sea views , beautiful night sky.
We have bought a boat .

…… still not sure.

Or wait for the new van.
Let’s face it.
The T platform has changed little over 15 years.
Maybe it’s time to move on…
Maybe, let’s hope it’s a corker.
Or we can look back in 15 years and say the old one was the one to have.

The prices don't seem to be falling as we buy any car have just updated their offer on my 22 plate Ocean to £68,805.

I was surprised to see it on Dtd…???
Maybe they have some cancelled orders ?
And are halfway on the build.
I wouldn’t be surprised.
I asked for an extra to be on mine.
2nd under bench seat drawer, but they said it’s already in build after 4 weeks so couldn’t change the order. I really believe mine was a cancelled order from 9 / 12 months ago and I just dropped lucky on choosing the exact same one that was about to be finished in the build. But who knows !

well, this was the case also in 2019, pre-Ukrainian war, pre Corona pandemic, pre chip-shortage, pre-supply chain disruption etc, with virtually unlimited supply and no end of production in sight but Euro6 (Temp) mandatory. And I came to the same conclusion: for a few grand I get the latest model with latest development (among which: split stove-sink glass, front bellow window, full front unzippable bellow panel ) , a brand new engine that I run in as I deem correct, a full 5y warranty, new tyres, new battery+ 2 new Leisure batteries that haven't sat on a dealer discharged, new brakes etc. In the colour you want outside and inside trim with the exact same specs as you want.
It was a no brainer, I went and ordered new.

Now the interesting question is what's driving the price reduction; VW trying to empty the parts bins to wrap up production, or a drop in market demand? Or both? I have been idly browsing used Calis for a month or two now and I've noticed the vehicles don't seem to be selling, i.e. the same ones keep cropping up (but then again, perhaps I'm missing the ones that have sold and only noticing the ones I remember).

We just ordered a brand new Cali with Breeze matching the DTD discount. It was a no brainer when you look at second hand prices as we can order the exact spec we want and have it before summer holidays. Secondhand prices seem extremely steep (wishful thinking?) compared to what a new one costs at the moment.

Has VW just increased the list rice for the Ocean? I'm seeing a base price on DtD now of 76172. With the 13% discount its 66120, so 3K more than a couple of days ago.

Back