Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

After 6500 miles my Ocean has come in more than I paid, they would have to sell it on for more than current list to make a penny.

Their pricing is mad on some cars as well, I sold them my AMG SLC for £2k less than I paid for it new 3 years earlier, it needed an expensive service & 2 expensive tyres for resale. I saw it advertised at £10k more than that figure a week later & it sold within a week.
WBAC figure that I sold at was £15k higher than the figure they offered in January.
Had similar with them on the wife's Mazda CX3 as well. We sold WBAC 2 cars in June rather than trade them in against a new car that we've just had delivered, that was ordered at xmas.
We got the new car at a "January" price & beat the dealers trade in offer by £22k

WBAC are also up for deal, if you book a time to take the car in & then cancel, if they want the car they will ring & you can have a sensible discussion about prices, I told them I had received a better offer & they sent a text 10 mins later upping their offer.

I suspect that a basic California will do far better than a fully loaded one as I don't think their values factor in extras, if they do, where do they get the info from?

Just had another go myself @Amarillo .
Currently at £50330.
Not far off what I paid for the van 3 years ago…

Be interesting to see what they actually offer on seeing the vehicle.

On a side note. I noticed the new car port at Bristol was virtually empty when I passed yesterday…..

Just had another go myself @Amarillo .
Currently at £50330.
Not far off what I paid for the van 3 years ago…

Be interesting to see what they actually offer on seeing the vehicle.
The chaps I dealt with had a target of about £600/ per car for damage deductions, with all damage being photographed & uploaded to their system.
Area manager then has discretion to reduce the deductions.
I had a total of £550 deducted between the 2 cars, that covered a bumper scrape (through to the plastic) , front valence scraped underneath & 3 slightly curbed diamond cut alloys.
On a nearly £60k transaction I didn't think it was bad.
In his words - we can argue about the valance as you cant see it without laying on the ground, but then we would have to take off something for the stone chips that havnt been taken into consideration.

If you have a clean dent free vehicle, they will want it & be sensible about deductions.

After 6500 miles my Ocean has come in more than I paid, they would have to sell it on for more than current list to make a penny.

Their pricing is mad on some cars as well, I sold them my AMG SLC for £2k less than I paid for it new 3 years earlier, it needed an expensive service & 2 expensive tyres for resale. I saw it advertised at £10k more than that figure a week later & it sold within a week.
WBAC figure that I sold at was £15k higher than the figure they offered in January.
Had similar with them on the wife's Mazda CX3 as well. We sold WBAC 2 cars in June rather than trade them in against a new car that we've just had delivered, that was ordered at xmas.
We got the new car at a "January" price & beat the dealers trade in offer by £22k

WBAC are also up for deal, if you book a time to take the car in & then cancel, if they want the car they will ring & you can have a sensible discussion about prices, I told them I had received a better offer & they sent a text 10 mins later upping their offer.

I suspect that a basic California will do far better than a fully loaded one as I don't think their values factor in extras, if they do, where do they get the info from?

I could take out the two captains seats with integral group 2/3 child seats and sell separately. I could remove the awning as this is an option on the Beach. The aux heater, LED lights, air con upgrade and sat nav options would not be factored into the price.

I could take out the two captains seats with integral group 2/3 child seats and sell separately. I could remove the awning as this is an option on the Beach. The aux heater, LED lights, air con upgrade and sat nav options would not be factored into the price.
Don't forget the bike rack as well.

Or you could sell privately and get atleast another £5k grape yellow beach is very rare and in demand!

Or you could sell privately and get atleast another £5k grape yellow beach is very rare and in demand!
But then you'd have £xxk and no van. Once you have one, campervan values are then like house prices - any changes up or down are irrelevant, until the time comes to sell out and 'downsize' (to what, a tent?).

:cheers

I was just referring to the wbac prices, you would get a lot more selling private that’s all.
I’m still hoping for my new joker if it ever shows up!
if I was to go back to a cali it would be a beach as I like the idea of less gadgets.

But then you'd have £xxk and no van. Once you have one, campervan values are then like house prices - any changes up or down are irrelevant, until the time comes to sell out and 'downsize' (to what, a tent?).

:cheers
068564FD-E362-4B6E-8FCF-11CDD4D226DD.jpegSpooky as I’ve just bought one

I was just referring to the wbac prices, you would get a lot more selling private that’s all.
if I was to go back to a cali it would be a beach as I like the idea of less gadgets.
Which new Joker are you getting? I could really go for one of those next time.

This is exactly what i did with my first Beach that i sold to WBAC. Still got the chairs and sold the awning on here for £425.

They were valuing my 2018 Beach Edition at £50,400 recently that I sold in March for £42,750. Just couldn't see it getting anymore than 50k privately.

They were valuing my 2018 Beach Edition at £50,400 recently that I sold in March for £42,750. Just couldn't see it getting anymore than 50k privately.
I think you would struggle to sell privately for more than some of their current valuations.
Just for a laugh take a note of some reg numbers of cars in your local dealers & see if you could make a profit flipping it to WBAC
We could have sold the wife's new car ( 3 month old demonstrator with 180miles) to WBAC for £1600 more than we paid the day we picked it up, its just madness. But WBAC need the throughput to survive.

Don't forget the bike rack as well.

Our bike rack and comfort mattress were after market purchases so not included in the original £42,222 price paid. But yes, they too could be removed and sold separately. But we are not selling. We have to have a car and Amarillo serves our purposes perfectly. Yesterday it took six of us from three generations into the heart of the South Downs for a lovely walk.

e0500e707289bc1f8ce5064a972f2e13.jpg

If it were immaculate, my partners Up GTI is currently valued at 12.5k, which is what we paid 2.5 years ago.

As she’s been driving it for the last 2.5 years, once they were to see it, I’d be lucky if I got 7.5k for it!!

If it were immaculate, my partners Up GTI is currently valued at 12.5k, which is what we paid 2.5 years ago.

As she’s been driving it for the last 2.5 years, once they were to see it, I’d be lucky if I got 7.5k for it!!

I love those Up Gti’s
I’ve looked at a couple secondhand to turn it into a weekend track car.
Unfortunately, can’t find a cheap one.

Worldwide shortage of new vehicles due to Covid side effect on production of components.
Niece in Texas says that second hand vehicles are selling for more than new ones there (which you can't get)

Buyers are being forced into purchasing relatively new vehicles as their 'old' ones are becoming uneconomical to maintain. This is combined with the go back to the office/work directives highlighting the fact that vehicles haven't been replaced during the past year or so plus many have been parked up for months and have mechanical faults and don't pas the MOT.

Probably take 18 months for things to settle back to 'normal'.

Seller: Our price is £10. Buyer: but your competitor is selling them for £8. Seller: Why don‘t you buy from them? Buyer: They don’t have any in stock. Seller: Our price is £8 when we don’t have stock too.

Prices are falling…

March 2017 (new) £42,222
March 2018 WBAC £28,730
March 2021 WBAC £30,315
May 2021 WBAC £34,505
July 2021 WBAC £37,270
August 2021 WBAC £36,150

Back