Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Are prices due to crash?

if you have any real world private/dealer SELL prices for T5.1 I'd be interested... per other posts i have put up recently... thats the end of the market i am in, and am surprised at some of the toppy private prices even compared to dealer advertised vans.

I'm only back looking quite recently

Also dealers don’t want stock hanging around so will adjust pricing accordingly.

Some private sellers may not need to sell, so are happy to leave as advert up as is.

ULEZ rules can be changed at anytime especially when a government is seeking to find more revenue. Wouldn’t be surprised long term if they charge all ICE, as EV usage increases.
Yes, I can see the next step being ULEZ to ZEZ (Zero Emission Zone), rather than an incremental change to charge Euro 6 diesels.

Would be interesting what prices the Jokers go for.
So they command a higher price on all versions ?

Yes, I can see the next step being ULEZ to ZEZ (Zero Emission Zone), rather than an incremental change to charge Euro 6 diesels.
All the shops in cities would have to go without bulk deliveries when that happens!

Few recent observations.

On autotrader the high mileage presumably ex hire red T6 oceans are at £37-38k from dealers.

Also a main VW dealer 2017 50k miles T6 has just dropped from £44 to £43k - with full warranty presumably. Plus 2018 26k T6 at £44.9k, again main VW.

At these main dealer prices, how much lower are private sales actually achieving? 2-4k? The warranty is worth a bit over private I guess.

I note the specs are all very good on the whole.

Few recent observations.

On autotrader the high mileage presumably ex hire red T6 oceans are at £37-38k from dealers.

Also a main VW dealer 2017 50k miles T6 has just dropped from £44 to £43k - with full warranty presumably. Plus 2018 26k T6 at £44.9k, again main VW.

At these main dealer prices, how much lower are private sales actually achieving? 2-4k? The warranty is worth a bit over private I guess.

I prefer to buy privately as get to meet the owner at their house so get an idea of how well they look after things. If the house is in state and the van untidy,, missing history then would walk away….or if easily rectified put in a very low offer.

You never get to meet the past owner when buying from the trade, the aim of the dealer is to maximise profit, the ‘free warranty’ (which is paid for within the inflated price) offers peace of mind and is great marketing.

I prefer to buy privately as get to meet the owner at their house so get an idea of how well they look after things. If the house is in state and the van untidy,, missing history then would walk away….or if easily rectified put in a very low offer.

You never get to meet the past owner when buying from the trade, the aim of the dealer is to maximise profit, the ‘free warranty’ (which is paid for within the inflated price) offers peace of mind and is great marketing.
yes, I have no issue with buying privately.

but as you say, the price you pay isn’t the same…

yes, I have no issue with buying privately.

but as you say, the price you pay isn’t the same…
Price you pay shouldn’t be the same….. but I think many private ads are a bit on high side…

I’ve no issue buying private… albeit transferring large sums can be challenging in one hit

Few recent observations.

Can you paste the links to the high mile T6 for £37-38? I’ve went through autotrader options… and not found it

Can you paste the links to the high mile T6 for £37-38? I’ve went through autotrader options… and not found it

They are on the normal car autotrader site, not the motorhome sub part - just search VW, Cali, Ocean.

£36,995 - 2017, 107k

£38,000 - Marshall main dealer - 2018, 112k

£39,850, 88k miles. 2017

£39,995 - lower miles - 76k- 2016

Based on the number for sale I would say that prices have crashed.....I've never seen "253" up for sale on Autotrader.

Some reasonable price reductions on nearly new machines indicates a cooling market and quite a few private sellers

They are on the normal car autotrader site, not the motorhome sub part - just search VW, Cali, Ocean.

£36,995 - 2017, 107k

£39,850, 88k miles. 2017

thanks !! i had only been searching on vans and motorhomes.....

i was ideally looking to spend 30-35K.. but for a few extra K some of those are defo tempting !! that white one is lovely/clean looking one.

New to the site as looking for a new or newish van. SInce started (a month ago) dealer prices coming down - winter is coming / new model is coming - but private sellers still hanging on to try and get what they think they are worth as opposed to what the market will pay - two completely different things.

New to the site as looking for a new or newish van. Since started (a month ago) dealer prices coming down - winter is coming / new model is coming - but private sellers still hanging on to try and get what they think they are worth as opposed to what the market will pay - two completely different things.
You're not wrong. lots of nice 4wd for sale, but way overpriced as per webuyanycar interwebnet

thanks !! i had only been searching on vans and motorhomes..... i was ideally looking to spend 30-35K.. but for a few extra K some of those are defo tempting !! that white one is lovely/clean looking

the white one does look good for some reason - sits well on those alloys which just look really clean perhaps.

it will be interesting to see if there is a bit of a correction in some asking prices. i saw a private 2019 with all the toys advertised at 41500 (which did sell), but makes the high 40s ones look optimistic.

If a dealer is selling at 43000 with warranty then private for similar should be around 39-40 would be my guess. Winter might soften prices further perhaps.

£3k to £4k markup ?
It’s more like £8k markup on a £40k Cali.
Dealers are an absolute joke.
Yes they provide a great service, but the profit is massive to pay for the glass show room.

£36,995 - 2017, 107k

£39,850, 88k miles. 2017

Webuyanycar value on the red 2018 one is £24k

£3k to £4k markup ?
It’s more like £8k markup on a £40k Cali.
Dealers are an absolute joke.
Yes they provide a great service, but the profit is massive to pay for the glass show room.
that would suggest they are paying 35k trade / trade in for the 43k one. I’d be surprised if the spread was that large on these - you think someone would sell a 2018 50k mile one for that (or trade it in for that)?

do you think those advertising a T6 ocean 2016-2019 are getting offers / trade in value in mid 30s? possible I suppose.

thanks !! i had only been searching on vans and motorhomes.....

i was ideally looking to spend 30-35K.. but for a few extra K some of those are defo tempting !! that white one is lovely/clean looking one.
odd how 250+ cali T6 on the autotrader car site, but only 50 on the campervan autotrader site (tab) prices seem much higher on the campervan site too. you’d think as they are just tabs on the same site they might cross link.

Buyers markets...... however you don't need to buy at a price and they don't need to sell at a lower price.....thus a stalemate occurs...... this changes with dealers for the obvious reasons!

is that a T6.1 though? they are showing as worth a fair bit more.
No, it’s a T6. The T6.1 Beach was only introduced mid October 2020 so there will be very few if any in the UK.
WBAC values seem to fluctuate a lot. Mine was £2k less last month.

I would take WBAC prices with a pinch of salt, they're not interested in buying campervans at the end of summer same as soft tops. Hence ridiculous low pricing.

I had a bit of a play on wbac - seems mileage makes a big difference. 20k miles worth £10k more than one with 100k miles. (24k vs 34k)

Back