Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bad People at the Washing Up Area - What winds you up?

Ok ....noted ....:D

In Northumberland in July a father and son were playing with his electric car in the entrance way of the campsite (where the access is for vehicles and also to the dog walk...) well, hmmm, most people would understand that dogs will react to a small thing darting around in the dusk... Nope. I tried desperately to reassure the dogs and apologise for the barking.
Then, the next morning, the same father and boy were on the campsite road right outside my van and charging this car all over the place and very close to us (onto the gravel of my pitch). The dogs again went bananas and I got a filthy look from dad. On this occasion I said "good dogs" in a loud voice (my dogs were pegged outside at the back of my pitch well away from the road) so I felt it was unfair to tell them off. These guys weren't camped anywhere near to me so had the whole of the campsite to play around in. Surely the dad could have advise his son to move away from my pitch rather than give me the glare? If it was me I would have picked up the toy and moved elsewhere. But no, he let his boy run it up and down, up and down, up and down and gave me nasty looks the whole time. I went into the van and left the dogs to bark. Sorry to everyone else who was disturbed by the noise. No more school holiday camping for me at C&CC sites.

I'm often having complaints about the noise level of my music.
I always tell them 'No....I'm not turning it up. Buy your own stereo!!!!' ;)

We once found a soiled nappy on the draining board in the washing up area, when we infomed the warden he said that is minor compared to what they have to normally deal with!

Also the latest annoyance is people using drones in campsites, that annoying buzz ver your head and you have no idea whether it will crash land on your van or are they spying on you?

Found a dandelion once, brazen as anything in the middle of my pitch, CC sites aren't what they used to be. :sorry

We once found a soiled nappy on the draining board in the washing up area, when we infomed the warden he said that is minor compared to what they have to normally deal with!

Also the latest annoyance is people using drones in campsites, that annoying buzz ver your head and you have no idea whether it will crash land on your van or are they spying on you?

Report them.

The CAA have issued an ANO that stipulates not to fly a drone within 50 metres of any person or structure over which the drone pilot has no control.

Anyone who flies within 50 metres of you or your van are in breach and could be prosecuted,

I get quite annoyed when parents let their children play football close to vehicles on campsites. Especially when there are designated areas for them.

I had one occasion, camping at Gwithian farm when the couple camping next to us had visitors. The visiting young girl, with her back to my van, was kicking a football backwards and forwards with one of the adult men while the rest of the group watched. The young girl kicked the ball reasonably hard to the man, he blocked it and it accelerated back hitting the door of my van. When I confronted them they blamed the young girl, I guess the hadn't seen me inside my van through the tinted windows, she instantly denied it, as she should.

I'm sure she learned a valuable message about honesty that day.

Well - I thought we were roughing it by using free car parks instead of paying campsites, but we don't get any of these problems!

Unfortunately there will always be a very small amount of people who use campsites that think their £20 a night entitles them to be do whatever they want and someone else will clean up after them.

Irresponsible dog owners! Came across a woman in Marbella washing her dog in the sinks set aside for crockery. Also a guy allowing his lunatic red setter to run around a campsite in Normandy.

We are currently at a campsite for four nights in the Lakes and every night the same person/couple empty their food into the sink whilst washing their plates
and pans and leave a mound of pasta etc.. in the there for other people (normally me) to clean up. Why do some people ruin things for others! I am tempted to say smething to them but the mrs says we should bit our tongues.

What annoys you on a campsite? Anyone ever had an argument?
I would probably scoop it up and surreptitiously gently place it on their windscreen..

I'm always aware of what I'm doing when on a site as I like to think I'm a considerate person! Unfortunately many others aren't and while I try not to let it rile me it can be annoying sometimes.
The usual things for me as have already been mentioned plus thinks like people cutting across your pitch, being noisy late at night and early in the morning etc.
Had a stand up row on site once with someone on the next pitch who was quite happy to let their kids play around our van, kicking the football around it. May seem minor to some especially those who have kids (we don't) but you're just waiting for the ball to hit the van and can't relax. The site rules clearly said that no ball games were allowed near the pitches and that there was a play area for the purpose, they thought the rules didn't apply to them though so a heated argument ensued!
Again, surreptitiously, I would go over and undoubtedly find the ball lying around and bingo! Now it's mine and dead. So far, we have been very lucky not to have had unruly neighbours, but I am sure our day will come.

Groaners huffers and puffers in the mens block in the mornings.
People you pitch next to all week, will not speak ,and then want to tell you their life history as you are leaving.
People who wear dressing gowns to the block,sometimes so short you can see what they had for breakfast
People who adorn their rigs with fairy lights.

Groaners huffers and puffers in the mens block in the mornings.
People you pitch next to all week, will not speak ,and then want to tell you their life history as you are leaving.
People who wear dressing gowns to the block,sometimes so short you can see what they had for breakfast
People who adorn their rigs with fairy lights.
Agree with most of your points but I like the fairy lights especially at Christmas!

It'll be here before you know it!
And it'll be my first wedding anniversary too so I'll be going all out on the fairy lights this year!

Well in that case stock up and Happy Anniversary in advance

Mike

Last edited:
Blimey! Anyone thinking of buying a Cali would change their minds after reading this thread :D

Never said so ... using campsites means having to deal with others habbits ...thats my point .

Believe me i am not good in dealing with others habbits if they don't match mine:Nailbiting

I think that's one habit that NO-ONE should have to deal with! I've never encountered it in all my years of camping with tents, going back about 35 years!

• Agree
Reactions: IgK
Also a guy allowing his lunatic red setter to run around a campsite in Normandy.

Our first camping trip with Meg as a puppy was to Woodyhyde campsite near Corfe Castle. Camping next to us were a family including two young cousins, maybe 7 and 9 years of age. During the second evening, the children were larking about on the field in their onesies when Meg, inexplicably, decided to go into the children's tent and came trotting out with the 7-year-old boy's shorts in her mouth.

Clare and I then spent the next 30 minutes entertaining the rest of the campsite blundering about the field after Meg trying to retrieve the shorts. Meg loved the game, dropping the shorts and guarding her trophy, only to snatch them up again whenever we got close.

The four parents of the cousins, bless them, spent the entire 30 minutes sipping their Chianti and throwing a few helpful hints of how we might catch Meg.

So is Ed Balls but I would not want him adorning my beautiful Cali.

What annoys me is the smell in the mens toilet block between 9-11am, you know what I mean fella's ?

All that Lynx,Old Spice and the great smell of Brute?

Back