Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cadac Safari Chef 2 HP - Brilliant BBQ

I think if you want it attached you will need the HP version sadly Ive never seen a solution without the hose.

in answer to @motacyclist sorry no once Cadac told me they didn't want it I threw it away but it would have probably worked fine with a new frame added to it somehow.

I think if you want it attached you will need the HP version sadly Ive never seen a solution without the hose.

in answer to @motacyclist sorry no once Cadac told me they didn't want it I threw it away but it would have probably worked fine with a new frame added to it somehow.

Thanks Matt. I did some more ‘Googling’ and seems EN417 are widely available in Euroland so I’ve ordered a HP one with a Pizza Stone livin’ the dream!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They're awesome bits of kit, we've done everything from kedgeree, to flat breads to fajitas on ours without a pizza stone. We just got a stone too but havent tried it yet :)

We had always struggled to find a decent compact bbq, until now.

Anything with coals is messy, takes time to heat up and may be banned at French campsites. The Cobb has fans, but is too messy and hard to clean imho.

For about 6 years we struggled on with a campingaz partygrill. But this simply did not get hot enough, had no lid and took ages to cook food on due to its poor design. There is a newer version now, but it did not match up to the Cadac.

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/barbe...8MPAjDqPLfz-WenUgz8ly8_U-DcBQs9xoCElsQAvD_BwE

The Cadac is faultless. It packs into a neat bag that is supplied with it. The gas heats a central disc in the griddle that means it gets hot enough and cooks evenly across the grill. The lid then gives the food a nice smokey flavour and greatly accelerates cooking time. It cooks in less than half the time of the partygrill.

It is non stick. It has a griddle to created charred lines on meat and also has a flat pan as well. It is easy to clean and only needs a sponge and washing up liquid.

The HP model (high pressure) is designed to have coleman screw thread cartridges attached directly to it so there is no need for a regulator or bulky cylinder. There is a LP version (low pressure) available too if you want to use it with the big gas cylinder inside your california.

Coleman cylinders are not as readily available in Europe as the campingaz click ones, but you can buy a small adaptor that converts click into the screw thread.

https://m.addnature.co.uk/244004.ht...4_pla&ef_id=WFBrTwAAATGcjRLt:20180618073526:s

It’s that time of the year again to start upgrading kit and, as I’ve just thrown away my charcoal bbq, I am in the market for a simple, easy to clean and portable gas replacement.

I noticed you bought the Cadac Safari Chef 2 HP and, along with Campingaz Party Grill 200 or 400cv, it is top of my shortlist...so how have you found it now you’ve used it for almost a year?

My main concern with the Cadac is the control of heat, as I’ve heard the Cadac has a control knob, but it doesn’t do much.

Any feedback would be appreciated and from anyone else who wants to chip in :)

Still very happy with the Cadac. It is so much better than the campingaz version. The Cadac's lid is the game changer. It dramatically reduces grill time and cooks far more evenly.

Just purchased a Cadac - fits into the cupboard under sink neatly

It’s that time of the year again to start upgrading kit and, as I’ve just thrown away my charcoal bbq, I am in the market for a simple, easy to clean and portable gas replacement.

I noticed you bought the Cadac Safari Chef 2 HP and, along with Campingaz Party Grill 200 or 400cv, it is top of my shortlist...so how have you found it now you’ve used it for almost a year?

My main concern with the Cadac is the control of heat, as I’ve heard the Cadac has a control knob, but it doesn’t do much.

Any feedback would be appreciated and from anyone else who wants to chip in :)
Made several meals on our new Cadac HP.. The heat is very controllable despite other review comments about the HP version, I can happily report. Colman canisters x 6 for £20 on amazon. Very pleased so far - and no trailing pipework.

Got the LP cadac off eBay second hand - came with a pizza stoneband paella dish so can cook vegetable dishes when had too much of bbq’ing - works off 907 cylinder same as Cali so perfect whichever version you choose :thumb

Hi all

Could someone with the Safari Chef 2 HP tell me if the flame actually ever gets bigger when you turn the gas up ? My one makes more nice and sounds more powerful but there isnt an actual flame increase. Its alight, but the flame is just around the base and doesnt seem to get much bigger.

Gets a bit hotter on full power, well feels it does, but be good to know ! Pictures on full power if anyone has one !!

Hi all

Could someone with the Safari Chef 2 HP tell me if the flame actually ever gets bigger when you turn the gas up ? My one makes more nice and sounds more powerful but there isnt an actual flame increase. Its alight, but the flame is just around the base and doesnt seem to get much bigger.

Gets a bit hotter on full power, well feels it does, but be good to know ! Pictures on full power if anyone has one !!
I have the HP and noticed this too. I thought that maybe the burner works a bit like the old gas fires that increased the surface area of flame to increase heat, rather than a gas hob where the flame just gets bigger.

The heat is definitely different between the lower and higher levels and, unlike some other posters, I find the HP control quite good, so maybe this is an improvement in the Safari Chef 2.

Great bit of kit, but it’s not a BBQ, as I’ve not managed to burn anything yet :cool: