Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Central Control Panel issues

Very lucky to have found a panel in stock, lets just hope it works out for you tomorrow. :thumb

I've been speaking to VW CS about these issues and I'm hoping to have a written statement soon.

Hi everyone
Our new control panel seems solid and my confidence is rebuilding. Just after it was replaced under warranty we were away in Hawkes Bay (NZ Nth Is east coast) with no issues. The problem certainly is the control knob losing its connection to the internal switch. Lets hope this has been sorted. Continental Cars in Auckland told me that VW would only ship out the latest part available so if the panel has been superseded then we can be confident we have the latest version. I read somewhere - here maybe - that the panels are made for VW by Siemens. Is this right?
I have just purchased some passenger compartment carpet and a toilet tray from Brandrup and for anyone who is interested - moderate cost and very good service. Goods yet to arrive per DHL.
Our Cali is a 2011, reflex silver 4motion DSG

David here again.
It's 09.15 and The VW Assist man is working on the van now. Brilliant service, they even woke me up at 07.15 to say he was on his way.
Like some one else in this Forum I am writing angry letters in my head all the time at the moment.

Any way i reckon our schedule won't have to change.

Good news indeed David.

I think it is important that we all write that letter. There have been too many incidents here and that is only a small part of the Cali fleet.

Hi. I have a California 2012 with a German language ”Central Control Panel”. I would like it to be in English.
The Danish Import company (Skandinavisk Motor Co.) Do not know how to do that. Please help!!!!

Hold control knob in and press the button below at same time, then scroll up one line and that will be language change setting, obviously you will need to tranlate from German

se8utyqy.jpg

Hi there. What you need to do is change the language in the secret menu on the control panel
If you hold down the escape button the bottom right of the panel whilst pushing in the control knob this will get you into a secret menu then scroll down to language to change it to English
All sorted :thumb :thumb

Martin you beat me too it :rofl :rofl :thumb

Well........... ours has been picked up today and we've been left with a 12 plate Caddy. I did say I didn't need a Cali.
Driver said mine was going back to have an oil leak looked at. "....and the control panel" says I. What control panel says he!! FFS!
3 phone calls later I got someone to understand why it was on it's way back!! The cynic on my shoulder says it won't be looked at!!

I wait with baited breath!

Today's phone call reveals that a new control panel has been fitted. The suspected oil leak, which I hadn't mentioned in this thread, turns out to be a defective dip stick pipe.

Cali back tomorrow am. I've had a 12plate Caddy which is surprisingly swift but thirsty!!

RUPEE said:
Stu said:
I'm confused by what you mean as the central control panel.

The Air Con & Climatronic Panel?
IT IS THE MAIN CONTROL PANEL THAT OPERATES POP UP ELECTRIC ROOF,FRIDGE HEATING, ECT IT IS LOCATED DIRECTLY ABOVE DRIVER OR PASSANGER IN BETWEEN SUN VISORS HOPE THAT IS MORE CLEARER
WOULD EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE ABOVE IE HAVING TO REPLACE THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW I KNOW NEED NUMBER 4 AND INTEND WRITING TO VW IN GERMANY THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE KIND REGARDS RUPEE 28/03/2014 :help :help :thanks

STILL WRITING IN UPPER CASE I SEE. lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Samples have arrived and looking good, we are just trying to get the colour to look as near to the original as possible. Should have another update next week.

Interestingly my warranty replacement control panel has fridge temp calibrated in degrees not 1 - 7 as it used to be.

Control panel knobs came back in stock today, we also have a few control panels arriving tomorrow aswell.

I haven just had my control panel replaced at accost of £670.00 vw say this a rhea thing to go wrong?? :sad

Should of purchased one from us, £180 inc delivery.

Has anyone replaced their control knob and is it difficult to do? Does anyone know of a firm or individual who would undertake the job? Thanks

There is a step by step guide in the download section :thumb

Back