Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Champagne meet 2017 pictures and reports

The sun took over and most are out and around to discover the area. And collecting strenght to the champagne tasting later this evening.

f6c2b4a1286cbf94ba50d19191daeb38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who was the snorer last night?

Only the "die hard" ones are staying one more night .
Sad to see 20 Cali-friends drive off ....
Tom , Jack , Claudia , Rik and us will be staying...
IMG_7039.JPG
Great meet , lovely site , nice champagne , nice Cali people ....

Seems @S1andS2 , also returned afther thiere day out .
Six of us again , and the site is filling up with others . See a German Ford Transit with a pop-top , and two big white whale , some Dutch people in a tent ...

Well, Penny and I are safely home after a trouble free trip (apart from really long queues at the tunnel..understandably). Are whole trip to the Italian lakes was wonderful, and the champagne meet was a perfect way to round it off.
Great to meet everyone, and huge thanks to Wim for organising a great event! I'm off to order a telescopic squeegie!

Wim - thank you so much for organising such a brilliant weekend. The weather turned out better than forecast, despite the hailstorm, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves with some lovely people. It's been a tough year for us as a family but we haven't drunk or laughed as much for years. Leighton and Mad

Agreed an absolutely fantastic job by Wim.... We've had a fabulous time, and feel really encouraged to get out into the big wide world and explore... Thank you to everyone...

We're on our Surrey stop over before home tomorrow...

Thanks Wim for a great meet , we just got home at 8pm after bombing down the A7 at a steady 135kph+ for around 800 km (fuel consumption down a bit :-( , as a result .

So nice to meet everyone and put a real face to all the forum names , as well as see all the great ideas people have taken on board their Cali's .

Thanks again everyone ....

R and C

Reactions: Sad
What a marvelous group of people California owners are! 1st meet & I've been told it will not be the last. Picked up all sorts of tips & tricks - although I've been camping in VWs for 26 years!

Wim - thank you for organizing an excellent event.
Everyone else - thank you for the company, the champagne & the laughs (& an extra thanks for pushing me out of the mud on Sunday - sorry Henrik!)

#upstairs-sleepers

Seems everyone was pretty happy on how it all went .
Thankx + all for saying thankx but i loved doing it all for you Cali-guys&girls!
Hope we can do it again , i will look in to it !
We left the site arround 11.30am i think after saying goodbye to the last men standing :D

The site owner was happy with our group. And he would love to see us coming agian.

We dove about 250km on D and N roads and now on a ACSI campsite (13€ all in) next to the river Loire in Chateauneuf sur Loire ,enjoying the sun going down , at last the whole day was dry sofar !
IMG_7049.JPG
@Jabberwocky
Have the awnig back out to dry.....:thumb
Remember that pitch sign i had "VW parking only , or others will be cruched"
Well i found one on the site we are on now to crush all those big white-ones....
IMG_7050.JPG
;)

Last edited:
Thanks very much Wim, it was a great weekend and fun to have all four seasons in 24 hours! Great meeting everyone and look forward to seeing you all someday down the road. Happy trails! Laurent

What can I say? Great weekend with some really dedicated Cali People. Thx for your company it was really enjoyable and also to meet the real names as opposed to our Avitars.
It was fun too!
@hotel california Wim, a really big thank you from Terri and I for organising the weekend. It could not have happened without both your and Alice's commitment. Thanks once again. @Kmann , a lot to live up to for Denmark next year!

A big thanks wim for organising this meet sounds like everyone enjoyed it.
Just think in a couple months of people will have to use the search function to find out how it went lol. :thanks

Seems everyone was pretty happy on how it all went .
Thankx + all for saying thankx but i loved doing it all for you Cali-guys&girls!
Hope we can do it again , i will look in to it !
We left the site arround 11.30am i think after saying goodbye to the last men standing :D

The site owner was happy with our group. And he would love to see us coming agian.

We dove about 250km on D and N roads and now on a ACSI campsite (13€ all in) next to the river Loire in Chateauneuf sur Loire ,enjoying the sun going down , at last the whole day was dry sofar !
View attachment 25905
@Jabberwocky
Have the awnig back out to dry.....:thumb
Remember that pitch sign i had "VW parking only , or others will be cruched"
Well i found one on the site we are on now to crush all those big white-ones....
View attachment 25909
;)
Yeah, got my awning out drying too :thumb very wet Nice evening in Luxemboug even if getting a little chilly now. Take some crushing that Merc but worth saving for the really difficult great whites

Thanks again Wim, we had a truly wonderful four nights and met lots of amazing people. I know you must have put in a great deal of work to make sure everything ran so smoothly.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Thank you so much everyone - it was a blast! And especially thanks to @hotel california Wim + Alice (EDIT: Kathy - sorry!) for letting it all happen! We enjoyed the weekend so much, despite it was quite a long trip for just a few days.

Our home trip went fine. We finally landed late yesterday evening. My sore throat went on to a man-flu (wish most of you know is very trouble full). So we just took our time. Spend the night in a golf resort (!) – Golfhotel Vesper in Sprockhövel. But none can say no to a good meal, nice wine and a cosy warm bed.

And to those who were concerned about our puncture. We made it home, with only 3 toppings. Tomorrow I get it fixed.

Think we will be off for a while … have some planning to do. Thank you, Wim ;-)

Last edited:
@Kmann
@Jabberwocky

Don't know who "Alice" is but KATHY (my wife) is now thinkin i got in to a affair on the meet ....
You guys have put me in trouble now!
:Nailbiting
Alice
Who the f#ck is Alice...

Note: name of a song , nothing against Alice

Last edited:
@Kmann
@Jabberwocky

Don't know who "Alice" is but KATHY (my wife) is now thinkin i got in to a affair on the meet ....
You guys have put me in trouble now!
:Nailbiting

@Jabberwocky !!!

HAHAHA … Who is Alice? Please tell Kathy that I am very sorry, and I still like her (whats wrong with Alice anyway?). We must have got really confused about all those names …

PS: I had a fever! Whats your excuse @Jabberwocky? Champagne? :)

Last edited:
We headed to the south-west today just under Angouleme , a nice and quite site (ACSI 18€ all in)
IMG_7053.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Sad
Some of you know the feeling when the skies are all light and the sun is coming thru. And you have a wet driveavay awning in the car.

I just went out and put it up in the naive expectation that i would dry. Meanwhile it was pretty covered in mud (or clay) from the meet, so I went back in for a bucket, brush and cloth.

In the second that took the sky changed to black just about our house (!). It was still blue on both sides. And i started pooring down. And has continued for 4 hours now.

Well it just stopped and at least the awning is clean. Wonder how many days it takes before it is dry?

Drive away awning life

IMG_5958.JPG

@Kmann , at least you didn't need to scrub to get it cleaned !

@Jabberwocky and @Amarillo , you mentiont mpg . Well i filled up the first time today afther leaving my doorstep with a full tank , the warning light came on by 900km and at the gasstation it had 915km and i poured 80,5 liter in it + 1,18€/liter .
The first time ever i done this much km before filling up and also never poured more than 80l in it?
Or maybe anyone emptyed some botlles champagne in my tank or i drove exellent
:)

Last edited: