Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Colour choice indecision

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Arrrgh! It's driving me mad.

Started off thinking bamboo green, then Mojave. Ordered Acapulco, now wondering if I should change my order to reflex silver or back to Mojave.

Any other indecision sufferers out there. Is there a cure?

Nope! Afraid not.
Having followed many such threads on this issue it seems to be that you either know immediately or you drive yourself mad.
Depending on level of obsession you need to get colour worked out before awning and wheels.
Good luck
Not silver though

Mike

Got a Blackberry on order. My choice wasn't that but SWMBO selects the colour & I get to do most of the rest.

My thoughts were Silver & White were a bit too van conversion looking (get my head down quick now).

My choices were Chestnut Brown and Bamboo Garden Green (superstitious about greens though)

Someone recently posted a photo of the Acapulco van. It looked absolutely stunning.
I think the Acapulco does look great in some condition, e.g. bright sun, but can look like an old faded builders van in other lights - that is what is making it so tough.

Thought I'd finally decided to go mojave on the basis it is a bit more unusual, but then noticed it tends to blend with its surrounding colours and was concerned about its visibility against road surfaces.

We ordered Candy white. I like white, our current car is white and I think it's good base colour from which other colours can be added via small details

Also the price was starting to get alarming and I found it hard to justify the cost of metallic paint.

The only colours I wouldn't have are silver (because I've had so many silver cars I'm mind and of tired of it) and blackberry (because in my experience it's the worst for showing dirt and scratches. I think Blackberry might be the same).

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Pressed reply prematurely....
Meant to add, that the calis look great in silver, cool in the summer, don't show the dirt, visible on the road. I suppose silver has just been used to death on cars the last 10-15 years which is making me hesitate. Misses likes starlight blue, but think it might be too hot in the summer.

"I'm kind of tired of it...."
Apologies, finger trouble this morning....

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I have been considering the White - the saving is nice too, was just thinking on the campsite we stayed on recently in the hire Cali, it was nice to be able to find the van in the sea of white motorhomes.

Recently saw a mojave beige with black alloys and black side bars and it looked soooo good. However we finally decided on acalpulco blue because we've never had a blue van or car and you can get the blue coloured dash insert. Why do they use the word 'beige'?!

Arrrgh! It's driving me mad.

Started off thinking bamboo green, then Mojave. Ordered Acapulco, now wondering if I should change my order to reflex silver or back to Mojave.

Any other indecision sufferers out there. Is there a cure?
We really like our Bamboo Garden Green (ish) - still not seen any others on the road.

Acapulco Blue with coloured dash inserts - a nod to earlier T's with coloured dashboards. Can't go wrong :)

Here is a pic......
VW-Multivan.gif

Why what is wrong with silver?
Nothing but I prefer other colours. OP asked opinion. I did hesitate but gave it anyway. My last three cars were silver by choice and personally I'm bored with the colour. I've hardly been adventurous or daring though and gone from silver to indium Grey

Mike

Those coloured dash inserts do look good!

Another thing for me to be indecisive about!

Those coloured dash inserts do look good!

Another thing for me to be indecisive about!
Indeed, but....... keep in mind not all colours are available as dash inserts. I feel for you!! Not an easy call if your focus is not razor sharp. For me it was easy! I wanted to pay homage to earlier T's and only Cherry Red or the Acapulco Blue matched this desire (the other colours where the dash inserts are available are not early "T" colours) and the red is just too much - especially in the mornings!! ;)

What do people think to onyx white ?
Very nice but expensive. Maybe a bit pretentious for a Cali? Each to their own.

What do people think to onyx white ?
Not meaning to be rude, but should it matter what others think. ALL the colours have their supporters based on cost, like/dislike, resale, cleanability whatever.
Be individual, but listen to SWMBO. :bananadance2

Not meaning to be rude, but should it matter what others think. ALL the colours have their supporters based on cost, like/dislike, resale, cleanability whatever.
Be individual, but listen to SWMBO. :bananadance2

Agreed !!

Buy the color you really want. Mine is Starlight Blue and I dont regret it. Its defenetly NOT hotter than my 2012 er T5 in grey. We spent four weeks on the Island of Sardegna this Summer in July/August....

Back