Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coronavirus Impact

Interesting theory, but I would think its more to do with population density.
London, Birmingham, Manchester, correlates to where the most cases are.but I'm not an expert.

London, Birmingham, Manchester, correlates to where the most cases are.but I'm not an expert.
Or a combination of both.

Sounds a lot like the correlation vs. causation controversy, which we are so familiar with from the 180 EGR cooler catastrophic failure threads.

Although London has the highest population density, Manchester and Birmingham are not number 2 & 3. Other cities have higher densities and I’m sure this would have been taken into account as it is so obvious.

Am I looking at a different chart from the wikipedia one you inserted?.
population density 1=London
2=Manchester
3=Birmingham

What about places like Hong Hong, highly polluted but their strategy was very early lock down, surely the way a city deals with an outbreak is key

Am I looking at a different chart from the wikipedia one you inserted?.
population density 1=London
2=Manchester
3=Birmingham
On the Wikipedia chart they are ranked by total population, not Population Density . Check column 4.

In fact Brighton is No 2 followed by Luton at No 3

Or a combination of both.
Although London has the highest population density, Manchester and Birmingham are not number 2 & 3. Other cities have higher densities and I’m sure this would have been taken into account as it is so obvious.

I would add that London, Birmingham and Manchester have probably had the most cases due to their airport links to Italy, China etc. chuck in high density public transport as well.

I would add that London, Birmingham and Manchester have probably had the most cases due to their airport links to Italy, China etc. chuck in high density public transport as well.
or a combination of three
1. Polution
2. Population density
3. Near an Airport or high density public transport.
4. ??????

On the otherhan
On the Wikipedia chart they are ranked by total population, not Population Density . Check column 4.

In fact Brighton is No 2 followed by Luton at No 3

Both Brighton & Luton are fairly insignificant in population terms compared with Manchester & Birmingham.

The stats for Luton are population 211,000, deaths at Luton hospital so far 210 & 520 confirmed cases
So a fatality rate of 0.1% so far

Last edited:
Seeing as its published in the children’s comic, explains a lot.

Pity they can’t compare like with like. Oh, it’s the comic and they are writing for their readers.

I note the comments were from 'Opinion Writers' and as such have to be taken with some scepticism. Are other countries doing something very different? That said the government have to pull their socks up and be held to account (more so when all this is over). One thing that I want to know is what is the issue with testing figures. Is it just the government fault or the management of the agencies that is not fit for purpose.
Having worked in the public sector I am aware of the jobs for the boys and promotions to level of incompetence that prevailed. I think also that from the news a lot of the spread is down to arrogance and ignorance by a sub set of the public who care not.

Owners confirm that non swiveling seats are useless for campervans, but VW still sold them to us.

Roads are considerably busier. We've gone out once a day, in the evening as the perception is it will be quieter, to walk the dogs in the Forest. So in the last 6 week at 5km min walk length = 210km. It's limited to 5km (about 75min) as its as much as our old dog will do in one hit. The young dog is running around like a loon and will do 3 or 4x that distance. Hence we go out to open space.

The thing that most annoys me is the speeding which is now blatant. We got passed on the way out of Southampton yesterday by a car that was around twice the legal limit for the road, so 80ish in a 40mph. I would say on our 10 or 15mile round trip that we will be passed by 2 or 3 cars racing around. You need to have your wits about you.

Roads are considerably busier. We've gone out once a day, in the evening as the perception is it will be quieter, to walk the dogs in the Forest. So in the last 6 week at 5km min walk length = 210km. It's limited to 5km (about 75min) as its as much as our old dog will do in one hit. The young dog is running around like a loon and will do 3 or 4x that distance. Hence we go out to open space.

The thing that most annoys me is the speeding which is now blatant. We got passed on the way out of Southampton yesterday by a car that was around twice the legal limit for the road, so 80ish in a 40mph. I would say on our 10 or 15mile round trip that we will be passed by 2 or 3 cars racing around. You need to have your wits about you.
Unfortunately the bobbies are all walking around the beach car parks moving pensioners on, speeders are invulnerable until they challenge the laws of physics and start trying to drive through trees.

Two week quarantine upon return to U.K. This will end most people’s thoughts of holidays

Austria gives travellers the option:
1. Two weeks quarantine
2. Two hundred Euros for a test

Over time testing will be cheaper. Is there a possibility of testing before boarding, and results on arrival for a clean getaway? What would happen if 149 passengers were C19 free and 1 infected?

Back